Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
US DHS Warnings for Chinese Drones
1573 9 2019-5-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HyLenz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1848182 ft
United States

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/20/politics/dhs-chinese-drone-warning/index.html

Just another nail in the coffin for US drone hobbiests. Lot of paranoia in the world these days. I'm really not sure how DJI can weaponize my 'Hobbiest' flight logs. But it's a double edged knife. The same artical calling China out for stealing sensitive data is praising how their drone technology helps many in the the public service world.

Just 2 weeks ago, there was a fire in a building next to my workplace. I cautiosly launched to get a better view, knowing there was no arial traffic around. A few minutes later, a guy taps my shoulder and asks "are you the guy with the drone?" I told him it was me, thinking i was going to get in trouble. He said the fire chief was wanting to look at my feed to check the top of the 5 story building for hot spots. I got recruited, and i was glad to help. It was one of the better interactions with authority i have had in the 3 years i have been droning. Usually, if you say the "D" word, they get all in your face and demand you "put it down immediatelty". Most state parks in the US are this way. I was getting pretty frustrated about all the noise around how dangerous or infringing on privacy to the point it was taking the enjoyment out of it. This flight restored my need to fly more, and this article took that back...
2019-5-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day HyLenz. Thank you for sharing this video and your experience in helping the authorities in controlling the fire that happened. It is really true that there are many ways on how to use our drones in a positive and helpful ways. Have a safe and happy flying always.
2019-5-20
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great use of the drone
2019-5-20
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Good job helping out!
2019-5-20
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Great job!  
2019-5-20
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great job for helping out
2019-5-20
Use props
Lamplighter55
lvl.4
Flight distance : 538596 ft
United Kingdom

How the benefits for outweigh the negatives (rogue flyers). Thanks for posting - fascinating to see those 'robotic' firehoses at work too.
2019-5-21
Use props
nilsonleow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136680 ft
Ukraine

HyLenz, great job and wonderful footage!
2019-5-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I read it also.
2019-5-21
Use props
Lamplighter55
lvl.4
Flight distance : 538596 ft
United Kingdom

Actually just read the 'article' this reminds me of those scare stories in the US back in the 1950's - about 'Reds under the bed' etc. Its ironic as it was the US government that wanted and still wants a 'Clipper Chip' technology embedded in consumer comms electronic devices. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clipper_chip
2019-5-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules