Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 4 Advanced - discontinued and no longer supported?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hugh Jaynus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1204754 ft
United States

Since the P4A shows as discontinued and the beta firmware giving us pano mode has been in beta for 1.4 years with DJI saying there is no official release planned, is it safe to presume the P4A is a done deal? No more support? No more firmware?

Thanks.
2019-5-20
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It's still available on the UK DJI online store
https://store.dji.com/product/phantom-4-advanced
2019-5-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. Thank you for reaching out. As more advanced products are released, older products reach their End of Life (EOL). But the product is still available on DJI’s official online store, we will continue to provide after-sales services for it. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2019-5-20
Use props
Hugh Jaynus
lvl.4
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-20 12:08
Hi, there. Thank you for reaching out. As more advanced products are released, older products reach their End of Life (EOL). But the product is still available on DJI’s official online store, we will continue to provide after-sales services for it. Thank you for your understanding and support.

"But the product is still available on DJI’s official online store"

Oh really?

DJI online store says -
Phantom 4 Advanced - out of stock
Phantom 4 batteries - out of stock (for a while now)
Phantom 4 propellers - out of stock

Third-party venders say batteries are "discontinued"

Firmware has been in beta for 1.4 years, DJI says no release planned.

2019-5-20
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hugh Jaynus Posted at 5-20 15:55
"But the product is still available on DJI’s official online store"

Oh really?

Thats not what they meant, they meant it is still available, just out of stock, as most of us know.....
2019-5-20
Use props
DarkZero
lvl.4
Flight distance : 923127 ft
Australia

Better keep those parts handy DJI considering i still have another year of DJI Refresh on my Phantom 4 Advance ;)
2019-5-20
Use props
Hugh Jaynus
lvl.4
United States

Bashy Posted at 5-20 18:53
Thats not what they meant, they meant it is still available, just out of stock, as most of us know.....

I don't think you understand the meaning of "available". Can't get batteries (for a long time now), can't get props, firmware not longer being developed.  Venders say batteries are discontinued and no longer have them. Not exactly available now is it? Dismissed.

2019-5-21
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hugh Jaynus Posted at 5-21 10:53
I don't think you understand the meaning of "available". Can't get batteries (for a long time now), can't get props, firmware not longer being developed.  Venders say batteries are discontinued and no longer have them. Not exactly available now is it? Dismissed.

And i dont think you understand,  they are not English speaking as their primary language, when you take that into consideration, then available, to them means, its what they sell, and can also mean stock level too, an more meanings i expect, you need to look at the full picture.....  as a side note, not sure why the periferals are OOS too, surely the same supplier does not make all the Phantom parts, theres a larger picture here and we are being kept in the dark, with that in mind, can you not buy from a supplier in the US? would be cheaper...

As an after thought, i would be surprised if DJI have pulled the who Phantom shabang so soon after releasing the P4P v2, that makes no sense, i should think the accessories will materialize in time...
2019-5-21
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Hugh Jaynus Posted at 5-21 10:53

Most times you will get help from the members on here, and it will be more valuable than that supplied by DJI. If you want help, lose the attitude, otherwise we simply walk away and ignore you.
2019-5-21
Use props
Hugh Jaynus
lvl.4
United States

Bashy Posted at 5-21 19:25
And i dont think you understand,  they are not English speaking as their primary language, when you take that into consideration, then available, to them means, its what they sell, and can also mean stock level too, an more meanings i expect, you need to look at the full picture.....  as a side note, not sure why the periferals are OOS too, surely the same supplier does not make all the Phantom parts, theres a larger picture here and we are being kept in the dark, with that in mind, can you not buy from a supplier in the US? would be cheaper...

As an after thought, i would be surprised if DJI have pulled the who Phantom shabang so soon after releasing the P4P v2, that makes no sense, i should think the accessories will materialize in time...

You might be right. But white P4 batteries are not available. I just ordered the obsidian/black version from a vendor since it is the only one available and is the same battery. I don't mind it looking funny with a white drone/black battery.

My bigger concern is the lack of firmware support. It is has been in beta for more than a year and DJI says they have no plan to officially release it. That says a lot.
2019-5-22
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

As its EOL they have no obligation to work on the software anymore...

Makes you wonder though, was the decision to EOL all the phantoms (except v2) based on "it was time" OR based on their knowledge regarding this "parts" issue??!!
2019-5-22
Use props
Alvaro L
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8832 ft
Spain

Bashy Posted at 5-22 19:12
As its EOL they have no obligation to work on the software anymore...

Makes you wonder though, was the decision to EOL all the phantoms (except v2) based on "it was time" OR based on their knowledge regarding this "parts" issue??!!

2 years is the longer you can expect for your DJI drone to be updated and to find OEM spare parts for it. Don't buy hardware or integrated solutions from DJI if you need or expect longer amortisation or support times. Build your own software & hardware integrated ecosystem, trust nobody or DJI to do it for you.
2019-5-30
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It is likely they will be running down stock on all current consumer models based on information below, but I would expect them to be fully supported for long enough.

https://www.dji.com/uk/newsroom/ ... new-consumer-drones
2019-5-30
Use props
Alvaro L
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8832 ft
Spain

I don't understand why forum members are doing DJI PR tasks. Do you want us to take your rumours and suppositions seriously? The professional thing to do is that DJI guarantees a minimum life cycle & support time for spares and updates at point of sale, apart from a lawful warranty.
2019-5-30
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Alvaro L Posted at 5-30 03:54
2 years is the longer you can expect for your DJI drone to be updated and to find OEM spare parts for it. Don't buy hardware or integrated solutions from DJI if you need or expect longer amortisation or support times. Build your own software & hardware integrated ecosystem, trust nobody or DJI to do it for you.

2 years is the longer you can expect for your DJI drone to be updated and to find OEM spare parts for it.
No, that's not true.
You can still buy OEM spare parts for P3 series drones that came out in 2015.
The P4 pro has not been replaced by any better camera drone so users should be able to expect spare parts to be available.

The Phantom 4 pro is different from every other DJI drone in that DJI have just shut the doors and left owners without parts and leaving their ridiculous Out of Stock statements.
What other product is Out of Stock for 6 months without the manufacturer explaining whether the product will ever be available.
Having no production for 6 months looks like it's discontinued but DJI made an official announcement for all other models when they were discontinued.
Why not for the Phantom series.
DJI are aware of the confusion and interest.
Why do they continue to say nothing?
2019-5-30
Use props
Nick M
lvl.4
Flight distance : 600574 ft
United States

Labroides Posted at 5-30 06:10
2 years is the longer you can expect for your DJI drone to be updated and to find OEM spare parts for it.
No, that's not true.
You can still buy OEM spare parts for P3 series drones that came out in 2015.

Because they would have to acknowledge the internal problems that they are trying to hide.
2019-5-30
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Alvaro L Posted at 5-30 04:56
I don't understand why forum members are doing DJI PR tasks. Do you want us to take your rumours and suppositions seriously? The professional thing to do is that DJI guarantees a minimum life cycle & support time for spares and updates at point of sale, apart from a lawful warranty.

"Do you want us to take your rumours and suppositions seriously? "

Was this question for me ?
2019-5-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules