Controller problems
718 11 2019-5-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
radartk1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5574 ft
United States

Yesterday, while flying my Mavic Air, when I tried to move the Gimbal up or down, the Air would fly sideways, even though I had not touched the controll sticks. Anyone ever had that problem?
Thanks so much,
TK inTn
2019-5-20
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Try calibrating the remote controller
2019-5-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out. Can you please refresh the firmware and try to calibrate the DJI remote controller of the DJI Mavic Air to see if the issue will still persist? I will be posting an official DJI tutorial video on how to properly calibrate the said remote controller. Please keep us posted on the said issue for us to be able to help you further. Thank you.

2019-5-20
Use props
radartk1
lvl.1
United States

A J Posted at 5-20 12:03
Try calibrating the remote controller

Thanks I will try this
2019-5-20
Use props
radartk1
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-20 12:04
Hello and good day. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out. Can you please refresh the firmware and try to calibrate the DJI remote controller of the DJI Mavic Air to see if the issue will still persist? I will be posting an official DJI tutorial video on how to properly calibrate the said remote controller. Please keep us posted on the said issue for us to be able to help you further. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psFeOF1lBsI

Thanks I will try this
2019-5-20
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

radartk1 Posted at 5-20 12:17
Thanks I will try this

You're welcome - let us know how you get on. Ensure the drone is tuned off BTW - just have the remote powered on and connected to your phone/go4 app
2019-5-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

radartk1 Posted at 5-20 12:17
Thanks I will try this

You are very much welcome. Please keep us posted on the said issue for us to be able to help you further.
2019-5-20
Use props
Nealj4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49403 ft
Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-20 12:20
You are very much welcome. Please keep us posted on the said issue for us to be able to help you further.

I have the same problem!!  Calibrating remote does help. The problem is erratic. I can make it stop by using a little forward then reverse stick. Then gimbal tilt works fine but as soon  as I go forward or backwards the problem resumes. Very erratic an uncontrollable.
2019-5-20
Use props
Nealj4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49403 ft
Canada

Sorry I meant to say doesn't help !!
2019-5-20
Use props
Mavic Dave
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41161 ft
United Kingdom

I have had issues with the controller as well, constant beeping, aircraft yawing when ascending or descending etc.  Calibration did not cure it.  Sent it in to DJI and they replaced the controller.  Feels like a new aircraft again, I had forgotten what it was like to fly in a straight line.
2019-5-21
Use props
LGstudio
lvl.2
Flight distance : 638366 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

Same problem for me. here is a video about the calibration.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9hqr5piiny95hfu/MavicAir-RemoteError.MTS?dl=0
2019-5-29
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

I got fooled too, mavic air going straight fwd but cocked in yaw tilt
It is caused by crosswinds
when the crosswind switches the tilt does follow just flying straight fwd or straight reverse

But if no wind exists, should be level yaw, not tilted flying straight fwd
2019-5-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules