o(^-^)o
DPC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 660696 ft
  • >>>
France

Osmo Action arrived today.
Should the filter unscrew?
That's what I saw on the reviews but mine won't budge and I'm afraid of forcing it.
Thanks!
2019-5-20
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

There's another tread.

But I used a wide rubber band that bundled broccoli at the market as a grip.  It still required force.  It turns counterclockwise.  
2019-5-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. The DJI Osmo Action's filter cap can be removed by unscrew the clear lens counter clockwise that comes with the DJI Osmo Action and you can know attach one of your ND Filter lenses. If you have any other inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help and support you.
2019-5-20
Use props
DPC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 660696 ft
  • >>>
France

Thanks.  I finally got it off using only the rubber band from a jar opener. Crazy that it should be so hard!
2019-5-20
Use props
BobWinNV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

ff22 Posted at 5-20 13:38
There's another tread.

But I used a wide rubber band that bundled broccoli at the market as a grip.  It still required force.  It turns counterclockwise.

Ok that did it. I got mine off as well and I guess that I am having broccoli for dinner tonight.

Bob
2019-5-20
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

BobWinNV Posted at 5-20 14:20
Ok that did it. I got mine off as well and I guess that I am having broccoli for dinner tonight.

Bob

It's good for you.  Take a timelapse of you eating it.  I'm not sure that my info helped the guy from France unless they also use rubber bands to bundle broccoli!   I should have included a picture.

Now I want a lens cap and I don't have a 3d printer.
2019-5-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

DPC Posted at 5-20 14:07
Thanks.  I finally got it off using only the rubber band from a jar opener. Crazy that it should be so hard!

Thank you for giving us an update and it is great to know that you have removed the filter cap of the DJI Osmo Action. Have a safe and happy filming always.
2019-5-20
Use props
Dangerousdavekincaid
lvl.2
Flight distance : 177841 ft
  • >>>
United States

Once this super tight lens is removed and either a filter is attached or the stock cap screwed back on, would this void the water proofing?
2019-5-21
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

Dangerousdavekincaid Posted at 5-21 21:09
Once this super tight lens is removed and either a filter is attached or the stock cap screwed back on, would this void the water proofing?

On the DJI FAQ associated with the camera, there's info that the lens "cap/filter" should be properly attached so that water/dust does not enter the lens area.  I believe it is intended to be removed but put back on tight.
2019-5-21
Use props
acvgraphy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 203816 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I had the same problem, it is hard, I used two rubber bands, I protected my hands with a lens cleaning cloth trying to unscrew it and having patience I made it. I suggest to do not try with any other way and especially without having protected your fingers because you will skin your fingers and you will end with bubbles on them like it happened to me in my first attempts to remove the lens cap. I hope my post helps you. I have a question though, how waterproof will be underwater after removing for first time the lens cap, putting an ND Filter and placing back then the original lens cap after filming. DJI is very welcome to me to answer my question here. Thank you.
2019-5-24
Use props
djiuser_Ko4GsfK7qKSe
lvl.1
Germany

I've twist around a insulated electric wire with a solid copper.... then swivel hard and turn around clockcounterwise ... and the lens cap was removed
2019-5-29
Use props
The french globetrotter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4523671 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Start at 3:00 .. The first time, I was thinking the guy joke but ...

2019-5-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules