Can you kill/stop the motors while in flight ???
7429 10 2015-6-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Victor7k
lvl.2

Canada

Stupid question... I'm new to drones so...

The left control stick is for descending and ascending... If you push the left control stick down for 3 seconds you shut off the motors. So if I'm flying will it shut off the motors if I hold the left stick down? Or does that only work when the p3 is on the ground?
Left Stick down is to bring the drone down (descend), left stick all the way down is stop props...? So Does this mean that when you are in flight and you pull down the left stick it turns off the motors in mid air?

And if I push both the left and right control sticks down while flying does that stop/kill the motors while I'm in flight? I'm confused lol

2015-6-7
Use props
droneflyers.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

Left stick down only stops motors if machine is steady (on ground or you caught it, etc.)
Otherwise, you can stop the motors anytime using the CSC - the same way you started them.
2015-6-7
Use props
mohan.desilva
lvl.2

United Kingdom

You can cut the motors by performing CSC - that is not just both sticks down and in but up and out, down and out.. any of the extreme movements of the sticks in the opposite corners will do it
2015-6-7
Use props
lightpanther
lvl.3

United States

mohan.desilva@v Posted at 2015-6-8 13:36
You can cut the motors by performing CSC - that is not just both sticks down and in but up and out,  ...

"Can you kill/stop the motors while in flight ???"

Unfortunately, yes.
2015-6-7
Use props
aburkefl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

I haven't heard about the flight records and certainly haven't seen them myself, but there's another thread here on the forum where someone destroyed his Phantom - or, at a minimum, smashed the snot out of it! If some of the data can be retrieved from the craft, stick positions/motions/actions can apparently can be captured.

This particular owner said he was "...performing maneuvers..." (his words) when his Phantom fell out of the sky. I don't remember how far it fell, but it was pretty serious - 80 feet comes to mind.

His remembrance of what he was doing at the time lent itself well to the conclusion he accidentally performed the CSC maneuver and stopped the props. My Phantom doesn't glide very well and doesn't auto-rotate. Neither did his.
2015-6-8
Use props
Jaime Ray
lvl.1

United States

So, to be clear...the Phantom 3 crashes and lands upside down on its props.  While spinning wildly out of control, I can move the two sticks in opposite directions and it will kill the motor so I don't have to grab the buzzsaw and try to turn off the battery?
2015-8-12
Use props
supercrackmunke
lvl.1

United States

Jaime Ray Posted at 2015-8-13 05:27
So, to be clear...the Phantom 3 crashes and lands upside down on its props.  While spinning wildly o ...

Yes, sadly I've done this (had strong EM wipe my compass out) and the bird landed upside down. Ground the prop hubs down a bit but I got them stopped using the csc.
2015-8-12
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

aburkefl@gmail. Posted at 2015-6-8 19:00
I haven't heard about the flight records and certainly haven't seen them myself, but there's another ...

yea that was me. learn and stay away from CSC!!!.
btw, not everyone turns motors on by doing CSC, i hate the word!!!
2015-8-12
Use props
dji.blitzk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1752986 ft
  • >>>
United States

Every time I read these threads it amazes me that DJI doesn't have a way to turn this off!  I'm a "flyer"....  CSC-type stick movements wouldn't be uncommon.  It should be a lot harder to turn off the motors in mid flight than just some stick movements.   Throttle all the way down and left/right and the home button, maybe?   Just something that you might not accidentally do midflight.
2015-8-12
Use props
bastell
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1526929 ft
Australia

dji.blitzk Posted at 2015-8-13 12:01
Every time I read these threads it amazes me that DJI doesn't have a way to turn this off!  I'm a "f ...

I think your on the right track Im thinking when you initiate a CSC the remote would sound a long beeeeeeeeeep then you hold the power button say on the remote for two secs to kill power to the bird.
To cancel the initiated CSC once the remote is doing the beeeeeeeeep warning you could do a CSC stick movement again.
2015-8-12
Use props
aburkefl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

dji.blitzk Posted at 2015-8-13 12:01
Every time I read these threads it amazes me that DJI doesn't have a way to turn this off!  I'm a "f ...

One of my quads does do that - you have to hold the throttle all the way down and push a totally separate button at the same time. It more or less rules out hand-catching as it's virtually impossible to hold the quad, hold a lever and push a button all at the same time.

But, on the plus side, it's pretty difficult to stop the motors accidentally in mid-flight.

The Chroma is moderately "safe" as well. There's a quite obvious, marked with red, button that you push to start and also push to stop. It must be pushed and held for a few seconds. You *can* stop the motors mid-flight, but you'd have to be pretty dense to make it happen!
2015-8-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules