Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Gimbal Disconnected error after DJI Repair
1006 9 2019-5-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
glen mcdowell
lvl.1
Flight distance : 815102 ft
  • >>>
United States

Gimbal Disconnected error after repeated DJI North America Repair

System still not working after two back to back trips to DJI Repair North America, case no. CAS-2956486-V8K1Y4 and case no. CAS-3020787-F7X9R4.

First case was for poor image quality, black and white artifacts. Paid $136.94. Returned with new problem Gimbal Disconnected Error.
Second case was for Gimbal Disconnected Error. Repair under warranty. Returned with Gimbal Disconnected Error. System not repaired.

Aircraft and X5s sent both times. Used DJI chat before sending in a second time only to wait several days to be advised to send it in. I've had great repair experiences with an X5 camera and a TB50 battery but my current experience has been very dissappointing. The original repair was not due to neglect or accident and I've seen others with the same problem.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-116089-1-1.html
https://inspirepilots.com/thread ... ern-on-shots.17688/

I feel I've paid for a repair that caused another repair, that I feel should have been under warranty given other reports of the same problem. This is professional gear that I need for work and I'd like to have confidence in DJI equipment and the repair process.

Thanks for listening.

2019-5-20
Use props
glen mcdowell
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

https://forum.dji.com/thread-120893-1-1.html
2019-5-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, I'm sorry to hear about the problem with your camera. In order for us to verify the exact issue, you're experiencing with the unit right now would you be able to share us a video of this concern so we can further check and forward the issue to our R & D Department for further assistance? Appreciate your cooperation and looking forward to your response. Thank you.
2019-5-20
Use props
glen mcdowell
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Thank you DJI Diana.

Tech support asked for this video previously.
https://vimeo.com/glenmcdowell/inspire2gimbaldisconnected

Initial problem can be seen here:
https://vimeo.com/glenmcdowell/inspire2noiseissue

2019-5-21
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

glen mcdowell Posted at 5-21 10:57
Thank you DJI Diana.

Tech support asked for this video previously.

Hi Glen, thank you for providing us the video. I also ran into a case you've recently submitted online with the last six (6) alphanumerics G4S9K7? I've already made this under priority making sure that everything's taken cared of before sending out the unit. Again we really apologize for the troubles you had, rest assured that I will keep an eye on this. Thank you for your patience.
2019-5-22
Use props
glen mcdowell
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 5-22 08:46
Hi Glen, thank you for providing us the video. I also ran into a case you've recently submitted online with the last six (6) alphanumerics G4S9K7? I've already made this under priority making sure that everything's taken cared of before sending out the unit. Again we really apologize for the troubles you had, rest assured that I will keep an eye on this. Thank you for your patience.

That's the one.  

Thank you.  I really appreciate this.  I'll be sure to report the outcome.
2019-5-24
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

glen mcdowell Posted at 5-24 08:15
That's the one.  

Thank you.  I really appreciate this.  I'll be sure to report the outcome.

You're most welcome. Should there be any questions, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you.
2019-5-24
Use props
glen mcdowell
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Update:  

Got a call from repair center.  Aircraft and gimbal are working with their controllers so the sent it back for me to test with my second controller with the thinking my problem is with the controller.  Both of my controllers get the same Gimbal Disconnected error and Battery Temperature NA....so I'm sending it back for the 4th time, this time with the entire kit.

As a reminder, this problem came AFTER my initial repair for image quality/artifacts.  I do hope DJI stands behind their product and work and resolves my issue.  The Inspire was an addition to my fleet after total success with the Phantom series.  My faith in the Inspire line is rapidly declining.

2019-6-7
Use props
glen mcdowell
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

This is professional equipment and I use it as such.  Please expedite my case as this is used for work.
2019-6-7
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

glen mcdowell Posted at 6-7 09:45
This is professional equipment and I use it as such.  Please expedite my case as this is used for work.

It seems like the people who take apart and put together this equipment are the same as you and me.  They need to move a lot of products and complete their job tasks for the day.  They don't bother powering up and checking to see everything is indeed working.  Some people probably showing up to work tired and such.  When you do it yourself you can be extremely meticulous like putting together a Rolex watch but when other people do it for you, you may get that kind of treatment but it's not to be expected.  We need to understand we shouldn't see it from the highest level as customer service is pretty much going on how their job is, not from the tech side of the service.  This is why it's sometimes better to do it yourself when you can but when you can't we can only Hope we get the "Rolex" treatment by the right and best technician assigned to us when we can't.
2019-6-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules