Lens Filter Cap won't come off
2341 14 2019-5-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cv8950
lvl.1

United States

Anyone else have issues with the Lens Filter Cap? Mine came screwed on super tight. It seems that the only way that I would be able to take it off would be to use a wrench or something similar but I don't want to ruin the cap.
2019-5-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. The DJI Osmo Action's filter cap can be removed by unscrew the clear lens counter clockwise that comes with the DJI Osmo Action and you can know attach one of your ND Filter lenses. If you have any other inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help and support you.
2019-5-20
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mine was super tight also, Luckily I have a large size pliers and I wrap a thick cloth around it and then use the pliers to give it a twist and it loosen up right away.
2019-5-20
Use props
Parisi2274
lvl.4
Flight distance : 211043 ft
United States

Wow, that thing is on there super tight...

I never even thought to check to see if I could unscrew it until I saw this thread...
2019-5-20
Use props
BobWinNV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just wrap a large rubber band around it and twist counter clockwise.
2019-5-20
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

I did see (in the faq???) that before taking it under water to make sure that the lens filter is on tight!  
2019-5-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi all, improper installation of the lens filter cap may cause the water leakage underwater, and water mist, dirty lens and so on, therefore, the design of the lens filter cap is relatively tight.
If it is hard to remove the lens filter cap, please wrap the cloth around it. Thanks for your understanding.
2019-5-21
Use props
Vannibombonato
lvl.3
Flight distance : 325778 ft
Italy

I can't remove it either. Too tight.

Tried everything, i need to use some kind of wrench but i'm obviously scared i might damage it!
2019-5-21
Use props
peiter
Second Officer
Denmark

Mine was super tight too, i was almost at a place where i got off my chair to look for pliers.
2019-5-21
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

Vannibombonato Posted at 5-21 09:17

Tried everything, i need to use some kind of wrench but i'm obviously scared i might damage it!

I used a thicker, wide rubber band.  And it still took quite a bit of force.

Wrap a towel around it before using a wrench.  Or maybe visit a camera store and see if they can help.
2019-5-21
Use props
FredAstra
Second Officer
Flight distance : 595577 ft
United Kingdom

Thanks for the post.  I was putting off removing it until i read the replies....
2019-5-21
Use props
The_Pedro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 155292 ft
Portugal

Vannibombonato Posted at 5-21 09:17

Mine appeared to be too tight out of the box as well, however after using the camera for a while it became slightly easier to remove. The camera heating up and cooling down might have some effect on how tight it appears to be.
2019-5-21
Use props
Aimbraguglio
lvl.2
Flight distance : 73835 ft
United States

I received mine today, and my filters.  I travel for over two weeks so returning it after my trip will be past the 14 days.   I am afraid If I try to hard it might damage the camera .

Should it always be this hard.  Should I use a filters  that will be magnetic
2019-5-21
Use props
BIGDZ
First Officer
Flight distance : 10255860 ft
  • >>>
United States

I used a jar opener to get it open, it came off easily.

2019-5-21
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

BIGDZ Posted at 5-21 20:07
I used a jar opener to get it open, it came off easily.
[view_image]
[view_image]

I was heading down to the kitchen to use a strap jar opener when I decided to first try the wide rubber band that bundles broccoli at the market.  The band worked.
2019-5-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules