Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AlphaFlightNW
lvl.4
Flight distance : 784265 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello all,
I came across a nanuk case which can carry the mavic 2 when the thought occurred to me. This case looks plenty big enough to fit 2 mavic 2's, and their remotes, sticks off. I found the case as it would come with cube foam, or empty, and was wondering how difficult it would be to fabricate a custom foam fit in fo accommodate the aircraft. Reference pic below. Screenshot_20190520-193042_Amazon Shopping.jpg
2019-5-20
Use props
Daltair
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1167723 ft
United States

Factory cut will be more accurate. I think for Mavic box have to be more compact than illustrated.
2019-5-20
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Wish I could cut my own custom foam insert so I can have a compact hard case that can fit only the M2p, the Smart Controller, and 2 extra batteries. All the hard cases out there are way oversized in my opinion. Could never understand the logic in having to carry the AC charging brick or hub, or even spare propellers in the hard case all the time. What's the chance of finding an AC outlet while you're out at the field; and what's the chance of spare propllers getting a drone back in the air after a real crash???
2019-5-20
Use props
MrTitan
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've bought various sized hard cases and foam which I've cut by hand to make custom carry solutions for a number of different drones and racing goggles.  Whilst it's almost impossible to get a laser-cut perfect result using a metal rule and a craft knife I've always achieved a near perfect finish.  It does take good planning (remove intricacies from the shape to be cut out and keep things simple/square everywhere possible), a very steady hand, a good metal rule and very sharp blades for cutting.  A sharp blade will slice through foam easily with only minimal pressure so it's important to be sure of where you're cutting and to keep your hand in line with the cut, otherwise the lines of the resulting whole will be askew.  The pick-out foam case inserts are a lot easier but not as strong a finish as a custom cut interior.
2019-5-21
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cool set up
2019-5-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing this amazing case that you have for your DJI Mavic 2. Beautiful rig and thank you for your support.
2019-5-21
Use props
Dronie2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1336365 ft
Spain

Monkey007 Posted at 5-20 23:19
Wish I could cut my own custom foam insert so I can have a compact hard case that can fit only the M2p, the Smart Controller, and 2 extra batteries. All the hard cases out there are way oversized in my opinion. Could never understand the logic in having to carry the AC charging brick or hub, or even spare propellers in the hard case all the time. What's the chance of finding an AC outlet while you're out at the field; and what's the chance of spare propllers getting a drone back in the air after a real crash???

I agree with you, but I think the cases are designed to keep all the components at hand and picked up in the same place.

You can remove the items that you don't want or need to take at that moment.
2019-5-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice case!
2019-5-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now