Phantom 3 Pro showed "Signal Lost" with full signal and control
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
freund7
lvl.1

United States

Today my Phantom 3, running Android DJI Pilot app on an Nvidia Shield Tablet suddenly showed "Signal Lost" while I still had full signal bars, full video, and full control. No RTH was initiated. I was out about 2,000ft. and 350ft up. I flew it home and landed it smoothly with the "Signal Lost" STILL on the screen.

[size=14.6666669845581px]If this isn't a software bug, I don't know what is. In the video below you can see live video feed is just fine and I am steering left and right to show I'm still in control.

Video proof:

2015-6-7
Use props
kevinobaby.gmai
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3513835 ft
United States

I wish I had an answer for you, but you are not alone. I will get the dreaded red when I have full, strong signal bars, then, wham! Strange that the bars don't go down to warn you that your reaching the limit. However, when I go up and head back towards home, everything goes green. Now I get a bit gripped whenever I approach 2000ft distance, which is not far away at all for this bird.
2015-6-7
Use props
freund7
lvl.1

United States

Yeah, but as I said in the post, the "lost signal" message stayed on the screen all the way home up to the point the Phantom 3 was landed right in front of me. It NEVER turned off no matter what.
2015-6-7
Use props
dji
lvl.1

United States

Despite many warnings from forum users here, I just updated to the latest firmware for my P3P. First flight attempt, getting gimbal errors, compass errors, and signal lost. After restarting both the quad and the controller and redoing the compass calibration, I still get the Signal Lost red box. However, I have a video feed. I have 15 satellites and full bars on controller communication. I took off and hovered for 5 minutes successfully. I wound up flying it a little and it flew perfectly, save for the dreaded red box saying that I don't have a signal.

So, it's working, but the error message indicates it shouldn't be working. Thoughts?
2015-7-23
Use props
chris
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25820 ft
Canada

Ive had my P3 2 days now.. first day I had no issues. burned through 10 or so batteries (I have 5 batteries)on the first day I also flew the P3 straight out of the box with out doing the firmware update.. day 2 after the firmware update, I experienced a few times what you have described.. first time the P3 was on the ground right beside me while I was doing my check.. Said I had full signal but no picture or telemetry. I could still control everything entirely.. Also the red icon "lost communication". It came back after about a min or so. Then it happened again in flight while the P3 was only 100 feet in front of me just hovering.. it didnt come back this time around till i restarted everything including the app.. To me it seems like the app is locking up more than its actually loosing communication. Next time Ill try just restarting the app and see how that goes.  Hope they fix this!!!  
2015-7-23
Use props
supachiney
lvl.1

French Polynesia

i have been having that signal loss issue ever since i upgraded to 1.28. i have read inthe past that for some it was due to the app locking up because of low memory, overheating, or heavy processes on the device, but for others its simply an anomaly. i have a tablet designated just for the p3. i have nothing on it ever running except the pilot app, and i have chrome installed just to have browser service if necessary. i downgraded googemaps and turned off all google play services as per prior discoveries of reason for app freezing. yet i still get sporadic signal loss atany range or even when i just turn the bird on. when i check the app, it seemlessly runs, just no signal... i hate this shit...
2015-7-23
Use props
chris
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25820 ft
Canada

supachiney Posted at 2015-7-24 06:54
i have been having that signal loss issue ever since i upgraded to 1.28. i have read inthe past that ...

I think I will buy the HDMI upgrade board from DJI to keep my setup a bit more reliable since you can do away with the touchscreen in most cases. Just keep my iphone around with a cable just in case.
2015-7-23
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1298317 ft
United States

I started getting that with new FW. Seems that if you lose signal even briefly, you can get that message even when signal returns. No big issue apparently.  I haven't had any problems anyway.
2015-7-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules