Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo Action and hyperlapse
6066 22 2019-5-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans7d8107f7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 45278055 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Hello.
Any indication on when an update will give us that?
2019-5-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching out! We currently only have a timelapse feature, however, the suggestion has been forwarded to our designated department for attention, as we've received the same query from other DJI Forum members. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news in our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for your product.” Thank you for understanding.
2019-5-21
Use props
fans7d8107f7
lvl.3
  • >>>
Norway

DJI Tony Posted at 5-21 11:16
Hi, thanks for reaching out! We currently only have a timelapse feature, however, the suggestion has been forwarded to our designated department for attention, as we've received the same query from other DJI Forum members. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news in our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for your product.” Thank you for understanding.

I have another question: Is it possible to charge while recording  a long time lapse.
I see there’s a opening in the housing where the chargerplace are. Anyway to charge without taking the Action out of the housing?
2019-5-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans7d8107f7 Posted at 5-23 11:58
I have another question: Is it possible to charge while recording  a long time lapse.
I see there’s a opening in the housing where the chargerplace are. Anyway to charge without taking the Action out of the housing?

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. We will check this query to our designated department if it's advisable to use the Osmo Action while it's being charged as well as the second query. Thank you for understanding.
2019-5-23
Use props
fans7d8107f7
lvl.3
  • >>>
Norway

DJI Tony Posted at 5-23 15:10
Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. We will check this query to our designated department if it's advisable to use the Osmo Action while it's being charged as well as the second query. Thank you for understanding.

Got  the answer to my last question. Yes the chargerport is removable and yes, you can use when charging.
2019-5-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans7d8107f7 Posted at 5-28 10:08
Got  the answer to my last question. Yes the chargerport is removable and yes, you can use when charging.

Hi, we're sorry for the late response. I'm glad to know that you've managed to figure out the concerns. Should you have further concerns, please let us know. Thank you for your support.
2019-6-3
Use props
ff22
Captain
United States

fans7d8107f7 Posted at 5-28 10:08

You can actually even use it WITHOUT a battery in the camera.  
2019-6-3
Use props
stormense8
lvl.4
Flight distance : 40030 ft
Sweden

Waiting to buy till hyperlapse comes. If I don't buy a Go Proo firs? Se if I can wait on DJ.
Her hyperlaps with my Osmo Mobile 2 and OnePlus 6.
2019-6-7
Use props
ff22
Captain
United States

Really nicely done.  Thanks for sharing.

Can I ask what programs/apps you used for editing and SPEEDING up the video?   I tried speeding one up and it looked awful.  Maybe I need to know what settings you used in the video to get such smooth movement.

Again, thanks.

Oh, can I ask about HYPERLAPSE - how does one get movement/motion in a camera.  It has no gimbal and is not a moving drone.

2019-6-8
Use props
stormense8
lvl.4
Sweden

ff22 Posted at 6-8 06:13
Really nicely done.  Thanks for sharing.

Can I ask what programs/apps you used for editing and SPEEDING up the video?   I tried speeding one up and it looked awful.  Maybe I need to know what settings you used in the video to get such smooth movement.

Thank You!OnePlus 6 mobile and Osmo Mobile 2 and settings in DJI Go-app to HyperLaps. No video editing with the speed on the video above.

Osmo Action Cam have no Hyper laps, only Time Lapse and here the difference, Shouting Time Lapse on Osmo Mobile 2 and OnePlus 6. No good and cant understand why a action camera dont have hyperlapse?

Here the same video stabilizer in Davinci Resolve in a video on my main channel.

2019-6-8
Use props
Andy Uk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3985676 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans7d8107f7 Posted at 5-23 11:58

It is possible to charge whilst recording.  Take the door off and plug it into a power brick.  SImples
2019-6-9
Use props
stormense8
lvl.4
Sweden

No HyperLaps was a dealbreaker for me and bought a Hero 7 Black today.  No front screen but I can use the wifi mode to my phone. I like DJI but are not a fanboy. I have a Mavic Air and Osmo mobile 2 and love them verry mutch.
2019-6-12
Use props
ff22
Captain
United States

stormense8 Posted at 6-12 09:30
No HyperLaps was a dealbreaker for me and bought a Hero 7 Black today.  No front screen but I can use the wifi mode to my phone. I like DJI but are not a fanboy. I have a Mavic Air and Osmo mobile 2 and love them verry mutch.

I still don't understand what a HYPERLAPSE is relative to a video camera?

Is walking with it while filming a hyperlapse?  What about on handlebars on a bicycle?  Is it merely a time-lapse while moving (as a drone might film it)?  

I admit, I might just be dense?  I just looked at a few "hyperlapses" filmed with a gopro hero 7 and did not see what I'm missing!
2019-6-12
Use props
stormense8
lvl.4
Sweden

ff22 Posted at 6-12 15:42

Is walking with it while filming a hyperlapse?  What about on handlebars on a bicycle?  Is it merely a time-lapse while moving (as a drone might film it)?  

You can run on a road and in the forest with a chest mount and make movies like this

GoPro Hero Timewarp 30X

2019-6-13
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ff22 Posted at 6-12 15:42

Is walking with it while filming a hyperlapse?  What about on handlebars on a bicycle?  Is it merely a time-lapse while moving (as a drone might film it)?  

This gives a good explanation:-

https://www.vice.com/en_us/artic ... apse-and-hyperlapse
2019-6-13
Use props
ff22
Captain
United States

stormense8 Posted at 6-13 10:57
You can run on a road and in the forest with a chest mount and make movies like this

GoPro Hero Timewarp 30X

So, what do we consider this:

Merely a sped up video?  A hyperlapse?  Something else entirely?

Would my video be a hyperplapse if it was not a continuous video but an image was grabbed every 5 or 10 seconds or other interval?

Here's the normal speed version:

2019-6-13
Use props
stormense8
lvl.4
Sweden

ff22 Posted at 6-13 13:24
So, what do we consider this:

Nothing to do than wait on a update with HyperLaps. I personally couldn't wait. Bought a GoPro 7 Hero instead. Also got HEVC, also known as H.265, and chance to set up larger FOV (wider picture).

What I don't like about Hero 7 Black is that it is idiotically difficult to handle when it comes to charging. Hard to get out of the house and an almost impossible hatch to the usb port to get up.
Here a Hyperlaps example when running with GP Hero 7 Black and hope this future comes to Osmo Action

2019-6-14
Use props
treben
lvl.3
Flight distance : 281916 ft
  • >>>
United States

I too would greatly appreciate a hyperlapse feature. Thanks.
2019-6-14
Use props
ff22
Captain
United States

So, the video I posted in Reply 20 which speeds up the video is NOT a hyperlapse?  I guess the hyperlapse skips intervals (5 seconds or 10 seconds or 20 seconds, etc) and is not fluid, continuous motion?  As you can tell, I'm still trying to wrap my head around it.
2019-6-15
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ff22 Posted at 6-15 08:00
So, the video I posted in Reply 20 which speeds up the video is NOT a hyperlapse?  I guess the hyperlapse skips intervals (5 seconds or 10 seconds or 20 seconds, etc) and is not fluid, continuous motion?  As you can tell, I'm still trying to wrap my head around it.

To my mind hyperlapse is an advanced version of timelapse where there is a degree of image stabilisation when it creates the file, to smooth out any movement between the images that make up the hyperlapse.

So timelapse for a stationary camera, and hyperlapse for moving camera.

Here is one example I've found giving a direct comparison

2019-6-15
Use props
youngleo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 195817 ft
United States

Please make the hyperlapse work for Osmo Action, this is a big lose comparing to Gopro now.
2019-8-24
Use props
thrash_273
lvl.4
Flight distance : 595561 ft
  • >>>
United States

hyperlapse is a timelapse with you moving forward or backward. not a deal breaker for me since i like vlogging, framing is more important for me and for that osmo action since may
2019-8-26
Use props
rfreitas
New

Nothing yet? It's a big feature and GoPro even older is better! DJI should run to reach GoPro
2019-9-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules