After the US took down Huawei, could DJI be next?
1288 30 2019-5-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans325af9cf
lvl.3
Flight distance : 254833 ft
United States

who think of this new measure similar to the one of huawei imposed here in the United States believe that the same thing will happen to DJI ?

https://www.theverge.com/2019/5/21/18633744/dhs-alert-china-drones-dji-huawei?utm_campaign=theverge&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter
2019-5-21
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

I don't think so.
Since DJI is not working in communications , the US don't need to worry, that they could interfere with the 5eyes monopoly on spying on every phone call in the world.
2019-5-21
Use props
fans325af9cf
lvl.3
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 5-21 09:29
I don't think so.
Since DJI is not working in communications , the US don't need to worry, that they could interfere with the 5eyes monopoly on spying on every phone call in the world.

since they are based on the fact that they may be stealing data to such an extent that they advise that they remove the micro sd but I do not see it with logic to the truth, I think it is more to make a commercial war
2019-5-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. Thank you for reaching out, for the information given and for the link you have shared with us today. DJI assures all of it's members and customers that the information that they used and shared are well secured, safe and confidential. In addition to this matter. DJI released an official statement that, " At DJI, safety is at the core of everything we do, and the security of our technology has been independently verified by the U.S. government and leading U.S. businesses. DJI is leading the industry on this topic and our technology platform has enabled businesses and government agencies to establish best practices for managing their drone data. We give all customers full and complete control over how their data is collected, stored, and transmitted. For government and critical infrastructure customers that require additional assurances, we provide drones that do not transfer data to DJI or via the internet, and our customers can enable all the precautions DHS recommends. Every day, American businesses, first respondents, and U.S. government agencies trust DJI drones to help save lives, promote worker safety, and support vital operations, and we take that responsibility very seriously. We are committed to continuously working with our customers and industry and government stakeholders to ensure our technology adheres to all of their requirements." Thank you for your valued support.
2019-5-21
Use props
Mhinc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 151467 ft
Canada

Anything is possible with Trump in the White House.  I mean how many times have we seen him do off the wall crazy things that didn't make sense?  Daily?  
Thankfully I am in Canada.  But United States politics still greatly affects us.  Especially because am in a Border City.  So I keep a close eye.
2019-5-21
Use props
Mort62
lvl.3
Flight distance : 505046 ft
United States

Mhinc Posted at 5-21 11:08
Anything is possible with Trump in the White House.  I mean how many times have we seen him do off the wall crazy things that didn't make sense?  Daily?  
Thankfully I am in Canada.  But United States politics still greatly affects us.  Especially because am in a Border City.  So I keep a close eye.

Its great to voice your opinion on the regulations and give your speculations. Your opinion on Trump coming coming from a Canadian? BAH! He has deregulated more than any other president. Is Trump likable no. Is America doing better than any other country? Yes. Why? Dereg and tax cuts. Oh and making countries like Canada and China trade fairly. Have a great night.
2019-5-21
Use props
fans325af9cf
lvl.3
United States

Any regulation with dj would affect us all in one way or another
2019-5-21
Use props
Mhinc
Second Officer
Canada

Mort62 Posted at 5-21 12:23
Its great to voice your opinion on the regulations and give your speculations. Your opinion on Trump coming coming from a Canadian? BAH! He has deregulated more than any other president. Is Trump likable no. Is America doing better than any other country? Yes. Why? Dereg and tax cuts. Oh and making countries like Canada and China trade fairly. Have a great night.

I am not going to get into this with you on this forum.  But I was clear on my stance as a Canadian.  And why following American Politics is important for Canadians.  But again, not going to start an argument/discussion here regarding said opinions.
2019-5-21
Use props
Sayhelloforme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8133219 ft
United States

Short answer is no. I really wish China and the USA could really get along we really need each other in this world. To explore each other’s culture and give respect. There is so much we could learn from each other. Let the light of love shine brightly in this world.
2019-5-21
Use props
NCflyer21
lvl.2
Flight distance : 106506 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-21 10:47
Hello and good day. Thank you for reaching out, for the information given and for the link you have shared with us today. DJI assures all of it's members and customers that the information that they used and shared are well secured, safe and confidential. In addition to this matter. DJI released an official statement that, " At DJI, safety is at the core of everything we do, and the security of our technology has been independently verified by the U.S. government and leading U.S. businesses. DJI is leading the industry on this topic and our technology platform has enabled businesses and government agencies to establish best practices for managing their drone data. We give all customers full and complete control over how their data is collected, stored, and transmitted. For government and critical infrastructure customers that require additional assurances, we provide drones that do not transfer data to DJI or via the internet, and our customers can enable all the precautions DHS recommends. Every day, American businesses, first respondents, and U.S. government agencies trust DJI drones to help save lives, promote worker safety, and support vital operations, and we take that responsibility very seriously. We are committed to continuously working with our customers and industry and government stakeholders to ensure our technology adheres to all of their requirements." Thank you for your valued support.

Question, if the govt can simply ask for drones that don't constantly check for updates or connect to your servers, why can't we as the general public get the same courtesy?
2019-5-21
Use props
fans687a79c2
lvl.4
Hong Kong

Sure, DJI's drones are spy tools from the view of US Govt. Only when trust among countries does not exist.
2019-5-21
Use props
RBI
Second Officer

Philippines

I could well imagine the Chinese thinking about how they can give the Apple corporation a bit of a headache at their China sales and production sites....
2019-5-25
Use props
DigitalMd1
lvl.1
United States

Thankful you are in Canada with your pretty boy and virtually no place to fly in any city.
We wouldn't trade our President for your knucklehead. And yeah I spent  a couple of months last year in Quebec and Montreal last year so I know what it's like. Just keep toking on that highly carcinogenic pot they just legalized in Montreal because you sure as s--- can't fly a drone there.
2019-5-25
Use props
DigitalMd1
lvl.1
United States

The problem with DJI is sending all flight and recorded data back to China. DJI is already banned from any US government or Defense installation. They may have to change their business model and revamp their software / firmware at some point or face a major roadblock to US sales.

The real treat isn't to commercial aircraft, it's weaponized drones with explosives or other deadly or disruptive devices. Quite logical and already in use by ISIS and other terrorist, but you enjoy your thinking it's a conspiracy theory for the time being.
And of course there are actual events proving there are attacks by drone.Drone Attack
https://www.nytimes.com/video/world/americas/100000006042079/how-the-drone-attack-on-maduro-unfolded-in-venezuela.html

We’ve already seen this shift in insurgent warfare. In Iraq and Syria, ISIS commanders used footage from multiple drones to coordinate attacks on army bases.
Starting in 2016, ISIS employed Jerry-rigged drones to drop small bombs or crash into coalition forces in Iraq and Syria. In addition to conventional threats, US and NATO forces now have to worry about attacks from above. That's why we can't have nice things. That's why they are called terrorist.
2019-5-25
Use props
DigitalMd1
lvl.1
United States

Sayhelloforme Posted at 5-21 19:11
Short answer is no. I really wish China and the USA could really get along we really need each other in this world. To explore each other’s culture and give respect. There is so much we could learn from each other. Let the light of love shine brightly in this world.

Sadly the Chinese government does not agree with you and does not allow it's people to spread love there or anywhere else. Love has been banned along with major portions of the internet.
2019-5-25
Use props
DigitalMd1
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-21 10:47
Hello and good day. Thank you for reaching out, for the information given and for the link you have shared with us today. DJI assures all of it's members and customers that the information that they used and shared are well secured, safe and confidential. In addition to this matter. DJI released an official statement that, " At DJI, safety is at the core of everything we do, and the security of our technology has been independently verified by the U.S. government and leading U.S. businesses. DJI is leading the industry on this topic and our technology platform has enabled businesses and government agencies to establish best practices for managing their drone data. We give all customers full and complete control over how their data is collected, stored, and transmitted. For government and critical infrastructure customers that require additional assurances, we provide drones that do not transfer data to DJI or via the internet, and our customers can enable all the precautions DHS recommends. Every day, American businesses, first respondents, and U.S. government agencies trust DJI drones to help save lives, promote worker safety, and support vital operations, and we take that responsibility very seriously. We are committed to continuously working with our customers and industry and government stakeholders to ensure our technology adheres to all of their requirements." Thank you for your valued support.

Your statement is not close to true and contrary to the facts.
The problem with DJI is sending all flight and recorded data back to China at which point we have no idea what happens to it. If the Chinese government wants it, DJI has no option but to comply.
DJI products are already banned from any US government or Defense installation.  The US government does not trust DJI.

US Defense Department Bans Use of DJI Products

DJI may have to change their business model and revamp their software / firmware at some point or face a major roadblock to US sales.
2019-5-25
Use props
DigitalMd1
lvl.1
United States

M Stuart K Posted at 5-25 09:21
Wow. First you try to educate someone about voicing a political opinion and then you give yours!  Hypocrisy is deep!  I will one-up you: trump is an idiot and nothing good has happened as credit to “his” presidency. Any argument on this comes from another idiot!

ooo vulgarity, I do so love the uneducated yanks and their spicy talk !!

if a libs got to lie, you should at least invent some new ones.

Trump wins.... liberals lose
Liberals lose, ... Trump wins
Trump wins ... liberals cry and also lose.

See a pattern?  
2019-5-25
Use props
M Stuart K
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1267717 ft
  • >>>
United States

DigitalMd1 Posted at 5-25 09:11
Thankful you are in Canada with your pretty boy and virtually no place to fly in any city.
We wouldn't trade our President for your knucklehead. And yeah I spent  a couple of months last year in Quebec and Montreal last year so I know what it's like. Just keep toking on that highly carcinogenic pot they just legalized in Montreal because you sure as s--- can't fly a drone there.

What an airhead; just like your trump president.  Airhead follows airhead!  Absolutely incredible for anyone to side with trump, no matter if he is your president.  The man is an idiotic that pushed the right buttons for other idiots to admire.  
2019-5-25
Use props
M Stuart K
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1267717 ft
  • >>>
United States

DigitalMd1 Posted at 5-25 09:13
The problem with DJI is sending all flight and recorded data back to China. DJI is already banned from any US government or Defense installation. They may have to change their business model and revamp their software / firmware at some point or face a major roadblock to US sales.

The real treat isn't to commercial aircraft, it's weaponized drones with explosives or other deadly or disruptive devices. Quite logical and already in use by ISIS and other terrorist, but you enjoy your thinking it's a conspiracy theory for the time being.

You lost all credibility when you voiced admiration and support for trump, so whatever you say cannot be taken seriously.  
2019-5-25
Use props
Mhinc
Second Officer
Canada

We wouldn't trade our President for your knucklehead. And yeah I spent  a couple of months last year in Quebec and Montreal last year so I know what it's like. Just keep toking on that highly carcinogenic pot they just legalized in Montreal because you sure as s--- can't fly a drone there.

Truly uneducated about your neighbours to the North, our drone laws, and the fact the entire Country was legalized for pot, not just Montreal, Quebec.And for the record.  I have never in my 42 years touched it, nor do I want to touch it.  But it sure is great for our economy!

The lovely wording of your statement is exactly why I am proud to be Canadian, and not have to deal with people like you

2019-5-25
Use props
Mhinc
Second Officer
Canada

M Stuart K Posted at 5-25 16:59
You lost all credibility when you voiced admiration and support for trump, so whatever you say cannot be taken seriously.

I am glad I am not the only one that agrees.  Here here, I admire your statement!
2019-5-25
Use props
Mhinc
Second Officer
Canada

M Stuart K Posted at 5-25 16:56
What an airhead; just like your trump president.  Airhead follows airhead!  Absolutely incredible for anyone to side with trump, no matter if he is your president.  The man is an idiotic that pushed the right buttons for other idiots to admire.

Couldn't have said it better myself.  I don't like discussing politics here, but when some nobody, that is obviously oblivious to what is actually happening to their own Country, comes in and bashes me about MY Country that they know even LESS about, it's hard to ignore.
2019-5-25
Use props
Mhinc
Second Officer
Canada

Interesting Read:

US Government may blacklist DJI and Hikvision as well
2019-5-27
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I just love facts:-

https://policyintegrity.org/deregulation-roundup
2019-5-27
Use props
Prairie Chicken
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106526 ft
Canada

We wouldn't trade our President for your knucklehead. And yeah I spent  a couple of months last year in Quebec and Montreal last year so I know what it's like. Just keep toking on that highly carcinogenic pot they just legalized in Montreal because you sure as s--- can't fly a drone there.

Have you looked at your national debt lately? Are you aware of what danger it presents?

There are consequences to tax cuts besides putting a few quick bucks in your pocket. Your president isn't telling you about them, so you'll have to look them up for yourself. No hurry, just whenever you're finished hurling insults.
2019-5-27
Use props
Mhinc
Second Officer
Canada

Prairie Chicken Posted at 5-27 12:57
Have you looked at your national debt lately? Are you aware of what danger it presents?

There are consequences to tax cuts besides putting a few quick bucks in your pocket. Your president isn't telling you about them, so you'll have to look them up for yourself. No hurry, just whenever you're finished hurling insults.

It's not even worth the effort Prairie Chicken.  Don't waste your breath on the bottom feeders.
2019-5-30
Use props
MKPSG12
lvl.4
Flight distance : 341073 ft
United Kingdom

Any worries with the up and coming lack of updates for Huawei phones/tablets that they will no longer be able to be used with drones?
2019-5-31
Use props
ichigo01
lvl.3
United States

MKPSG12 Posted at 5-31 02:43
Any worries with the up and coming lack of updates for Huawei phones/tablets that they will no longer be able to be used with drones?

I do not think it has a problem since they are working on a new software and I imagine that the architecture of this will be the same as android written with java I kotlin is dcir I do not see any problem that has dji go 4 to adapt it to this new system, if that come to use it
2019-5-31
Use props
Prairie Chicken
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106526 ft
Canada

Mhinc Posted at 5-30 03:03
It's not even worth the effort Prairie Chicken.  Don't waste your breath on the bottom feeders.

I don't want to call them names, but yeah, I hear you. I wasn't expecting an answer.

About DJI, I find it hard to see how I'm revealing any state secrets when I'm flying on a farm, or anywhere for that matter. What reason would there be for the U.S. to block them as a "security" measure?
2019-5-31
Use props
Mhinc
Second Officer
Canada

Prairie Chicken Posted at 5-31 19:54
I don't want to call them names, but yeah, I hear you. I wasn't expecting an answer.

About DJI, I find it hard to see how I'm revealing any state secrets when I'm flying on a farm, or anywhere for that matter. What reason would there be for the U.S. to block them as a "security" measure?

Apparently because they have a Camera and can transmit Data.
2019-5-31
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI won't be next.  They have red NFZs and NFZ areas that span for hundreds of miles that last 2 days and move dynamically.
2019-6-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules