Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Action new firmware update error
19486 36 2019-5-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mauritz69
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14711 ft
United Arab Emirates

DJI mimo app downloaded the firmware update but it wont transfer to the connected DJI action. Everything else works but new firmare will not upload to action. Using Android with latest Mimo updated app. What else can i try? Restarted both and even did factory reset on Action.
2019-5-21
Use props
Mauritz69
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

2019-5-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Mauritz69, sorry for the troubles on updating the firmware, what mobile phone are you using? Did you re-install the APP or try another phone?
The firmware can also be updated via the SD card: Download the firmware from our website (https://www.dji.com/osmo-action/info#downloads) to the root of the SD card, then insert to Osmo Action and power on the device to update.
Please try with the SD card and let us know if it works, thank you.
2019-5-22
Use props
Mauritz69
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-22 01:44
Hi Mauritz69, sorry for the troubles on updating the firmware, what mobile phone are you using? Did you re-install the APP or try another phone?
The firmware can also be updated via the SD card: Download the firmware from our website (https://www.dji.com/osmo-action/info#downloads) to the root of the SD card, then insert to Osmo Action and power on the device to update.

Sd card firmware option worked, thanks.
2019-5-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Mauritz69 Posted at 5-25 04:18
Sd card firmware option worked, thanks.

Glad to know that, please keep us updated if you have any further problem.
2019-5-25
Use props
nakib
New
Malaysia

i also have this prolem. I use Huawei Nova 2i
2019-6-24
Use props
U V vlogs
New

India

I am also facing the same issue of transferring firmware update on osmo action . I am using oneplus 5 and strontium 64GB SD card
2019-7-17
Use props
U V vlogs
New

India

2019-7-17
Use props
yelenavik
lvl.1

United States

I am about last firmware 7/17/2019 DJI Osmo action: Installed last firmware , writing optimized sharpness in Cinelike D. One week ago I talked about need make an option in menu for sharpness low-high, like Gopro 7. YI 4k+,many others .But your engeneers instead, made ''optimized sharpness'' ,I watched is decrease sharpness!This is worse than was before! Not good.Need maximum sharpness!
2019-7-19
Use props
yelenavik
lvl.1

United States

How I can return to the previous firmware.I can not find the previous file.
2019-7-19
Use props
Reithsters
lvl.2
Flight distance : 66864 ft
Netherlands

Same issue here! But the option to download it to the SD card worked!
2019-7-20
Use props
djiuser_HhDhZZRLy6Ef
New

United States

After receiving my new Osmo Action I am unable to update the firmware and receive this message. I need a fix.
2019-7-20
Use props
djiuser_HhDhZZRLy6Ef
New

United States

After receiving my new Osmo Action I am unable to update the firmware and receive this message. I need a fix.
2019-7-20
Use props
djiuser_HhDhZZRLy6Ef
New

United States

2019-7-20
Use props
Victor Svetlitsnii
New

United Kingdom

dji osmo action ''ensure osmo is powered on end place it near the mobile device''
I bought it yesterday, downloaded the app, activated the camera, but after that I can't connect the camera! Update installed using SD card. Help me what to do? My wife swears she says back but I want this camera
2019-7-24
Use props
natsdroid
New

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-22 01:44
Hi Mauritz69, sorry for the troubles on updating the firmware, what mobile phone are you using? Did you re-install the APP or try another phone?
The firmware can also be updated via the SD card: Download the firmware from our website (https://www.dji.com/osmo-action/info#downloads) to the root of the SD card, then insert to Osmo Action and power on the device to update.

I also am having issues updating the new firmware. I have downloaded to a sd card. I put it in my osmo action. turned it on and nothing happens. please help
2019-8-16
Use props
Marco Berteotti
New

I had the same problem using OnePlus 5 and the extreme sd card 128gb.
I solved with the "manual update", let's say, putting the firmware stright on the SD card as they suggested.

You have to download the firmware following the link up above, EXTRACT the zip file, and put the .bin file inside the SD card.
Once you restart your DJI Osmo Action it should start the update and finish it in about 2-3 minutes.

Hope this helps, it worked for me.
2019-9-17
Use props
Reithsters
lvl.2
Flight distance : 66864 ft

Still I am unable to update the firmware wireless. At this moment I get the message that there is a firmware available, but when I click the install button nothing happend and I get the "Failed to update firmware. (10006)" message. I can connect with the Osmo Action wirelessly (2.4 GHz) but updating isn't working anymore a long time ago. When installing the firmware straight on the SD works fine. But at this moment the newest firmware isn't on the download page available. So please solve this wireless connection problem in a future update! As I can read a lot of people have the same isue.
2019-10-3
Use props
kovacsgezatamas
lvl.1
Flight distance : 824016 ft

I have the same issue. I would like my Osmo Action to update to v01.06.00.20 firmware, but I'm unsable to do the update with Mimo app. I always receive "Transferring firmware error.(-4)" message. I tried SD card format, factory reset, reinstalling Mimo app, tried with an another phone. Always the same error.
And the new firmware is not published in DJI website to download manually.
DJI, fix the firmware update issues!
2019-10-5
Use props
fans366de187
New

01.06.00.20 is not available from the download link. Please upload the firmware file, please.
(from a customer who has not succeeded to update ever by MIMO app. it was stuck at progress 0%, Pixel 2 XL. "Failed to update firmware(100006)" )
2019-10-5
Use props
Ozunaga
lvl.1

I'm having the same problem as fans366de187. I can't seem to update via DJI Mimo. Please upload the 01.06.00.20 firmware so we can update via SD Card or please fix this issue within the DJI Mimo app.
2019-10-6
Use props
NeverPro MTB
lvl.1

Same error from Mimo (10006) and still no download link to the latest firmware. This is a dumb problem to have.
2019-10-10
Use props
Ozunaga
lvl.1

If anyone is wondering, I think it's a compatibility issue. I tried updating with an Iphone and it worked just fine. My friend also updated with his Samsung and he didn't have a problem as well.  I think the update will work with phones from well-known brands. I'm not 100% sure about this but it worked for me using an Iphone.
2019-10-12
Use props
KwadGuy
New

Nope, it's not a camera platform issue.

I have a new Osmo Action. I was able to update the firmware by putting the firmware on the flash card and doing it that way.

But the latest firmware you can download is 1.05. 1.06 is only available using the DJI app.

I have tried updating the firmware using a Moto Z2 Force, an iPhone 8 and a Pixel 3a. It fails on all of them with various errors, but the latest is "Transferring firmware error (-3)". the one before that was "Failed to update firmware (10006)".

I've now wasted at least 2-3 hours with this, including swapping out multiple Micro SD cards (currently using a SanDisk Extreme V30 4K card purchased just for this purpose, thinking it might be a card issue.

I've formatted the sd card multiple times, I've rebooted the camera multiple times. I've cleared the app multiple times.

2019-10-12
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer

KwadGuy Posted at 10-12 12:51
Nope, it's not a camera platform issue.

I have a new Osmo Action. I was able to update the firmware by putting the firmware on the flash card and doing it that way.

Sorry if i have to say did you do a full format not just a quick format, never mention the type of Format, (wink)
2019-10-13
Use props
KwadGuy
New

Fishycomics Posted at 10-13 04:38
Sorry if i have to say did you do a full format not just a quick format, never mention the type of Format, (wink)

I did a full format. I bought the card directly from Amazon (not from a 3rd party) to ensure I got a real card.

I was also able to use the card to capture 75 minutes of 4K/30fps video with the Osmo without problem.

But I can't update the Osmo. Which sucks.
2019-10-14
Use props
KwadGuy
New

I'll add that the connection between the DJI app and the camera is terrible. On every phone platform. 2.4 and 5.8 Ghz. The image on the phone lags what's show on the camera, sometimes by many seconds.
2019-10-14
Use props
Tiger_7_6
New

El Salvador

quierotualizar mi DJI, pero me aprece el error 10006.Que tanto afectar el funcionamiento del equipo?
Como puedo hacer para actualizarlo?

saludos
2019-12-1
Use props
djiuser_AQ0TDWvAyGim
lvl.2
United States

I encountered the same issue with error code 10006. I figured out an alternative solution. Before click  INSTALL button, simply turn off the `cellular connection' on my phone (google pixel), then click the button and boom, job is done after a few mins. Remember to turn cellular connection back on afterwards.

2019-12-31
Use props
Robert2345
lvl.2
Pakistan

same issue. want to know same
2020-1-1
Use props
djiuser_jQUbKxceJZHO
New
Flight distance : 120036 ft
United States

I have attempted it with a Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 and A Samsung Galaxy S10 phone on 2 separate osmo action cameras with no success. I always receive the same error code. Formatted the sd cards (one new 128 gb and one new 256 gb both U3 V30 san disk cards), reinstalled the apps, and attempted to install multiple times.
20200112_225310.jpg
2020-1-12
Use props
djiuser_iu2r5ghYVmVI
New

Norway

wow, turning off cellular connection (mobile data) before pressing install actually solved the problem for me. Downloaded and transferred the update instantly. Thanks!
2020-1-18
Use props
onegoviaja
New

Brazil

Hi Everyone.
My Live Stream menu is gone. What happend?
Osmo Action is updated and DJI Mimo too!
2020-6-10
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

try removing the  app re insert it.
2020-6-10
Use props
djiuser_IynIocC8XjA2
New

Philippines

I can't update my Firmware in dji mimo
2021-10-15
Use props
djiuser_IynIocC8XjA2
New

Philippines

My Firmware update is stuck in 55% and after a minute it say Firmware update failed
2021-10-15
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

As staff will not see  this or answer right away, it ould be best to  make a new topic, and link this to yours.

try to format the card, manually load it and put a debug file in, report back when completed
2021-10-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules