Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Videos Stopped Saving
2784 7 2019-5-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
moon.wandering
lvl.1
United States

Hello,

My new DJI Spark suddenly stopped recording videos. While flying, it looks and sounds like it is recording. However, when you get it down and try to look in the album, nothing is there. Can anyone explain this?

Background info: It is a new drone, but I did crash it into a tree. It seemed fine and took a couple videos afterward. I checked to make sure it was working. The next time, it recorded two videos but not the third (during the same flight session). I thought that was odd. I also crashed it on that day. (Shame, I know.) So, it could be that. However, I've heard of a lot of people crashing drones and it doesn't usually affect the camera.

If anyone has any thoughts or advice about this please help. I've been sifting through youtube videos, onlne forums, etc. and haven't found an answer yet.

Thanks in advance!

Whitney (newbie droner)
2019-5-21
Use props
Mhinc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 151467 ft
Canada

Hey Whitney

It's always great to see more and more female pilots coming on board!  Sorry to hear about your videos.  So some questions.  Are you talking about the cached videos that are on your phone or tablet.  Or are you saying that the Spark didn't record anything directly to the SD Card that you have in the Spark?

If you are not seeing anything cached on your device.  If I recall there is an option in the DJI GO 4 App that you can select to Turn off Video and Photo Caching.  Maybe you turned it off accidentally?

If you are referring to videos directly off the SD Card not being there. This could be a card issue, but to know for sure, you could try another card as a test, if you don't have a card,. I would suggest formatting the SD Card and then trying to record again.  Ideally trying a different card would rule out if it's a card issue or not.  I would guess if this was related to the crash your spark would give an error that it couldn't record rather than state it is recording.

I hope that helps out a bit, please let us know what the above reveals and I am sure myself or others here can help you out further with your results

Cheers

2019-5-21
Use props
sparkdrone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9593 ft
United States

Maybe the SD card is full.
2019-5-21
Use props
Tron1983
lvl.1

The first thing I would test is the sd card.  Try plugging it into a computer and see if you can copy and delete files from it.  It if is working then try formating the sd card when it's in the drone and try again.
2019-5-21
Use props
moon.wandering
lvl.1
United States

Mhinc Posted at 5-21 15:40
Hey Whitney

It's always great to see more and more female pilots coming on board!  Sorry to hear about your videos.  So some questions.  Are you talking about the cached videos that are on your phone or tablet.  Or are you saying that the Spark didn't record anything directly to the SD Card that you have in the Spark?

Thanks so much for the reply! It took me awhile to figure out how to get my footage off the sd card. I think the cache was full on the app but everything was saved on the sd card. I am in the process of clearing it to my desktop. I hope that works!

Thanks again. Happy flying!
2019-5-23
Use props
moon.wandering
lvl.1
United States

Tron1983 Posted at 5-21 18:40
The first thing I would test is the sd card.  Try plugging it into a computer and see if you can copy and delete files from it.  It if is working then try formating the sd card when it's in the drone and try again.

That was it! Thanks so much.
2019-5-23
Use props
moon.wandering
lvl.1
United States

sparkdrone Posted at 5-21 16:52
Maybe the SD card is full.

The SD card was still holding all the videos and photos though. I think it was the cache? Because... They were stored on the SD card, but not showing up on the app.
2019-5-23
Use props
Mhinc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 151467 ft
Canada

moon.wandering Posted at 5-23 15:20
The SD card was still holding all the videos and photos though. I think it was the cache? Because... They were stored on the SD card, but not showing up on the app.

Hey again

Ya, likely your devices cache was full.  Glad to hear all  the videos were on the SD Card and you were able to retrieve them!
Happy flying!
2019-5-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules