Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
WiFi to the app was a horrible decision....
1118 5 2019-5-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Parisi2274
First Officer
Flight distance : 211043 ft
United States

So today I was messing around with my OA and had a run in with a feature that needs to change ASAP!

I was cleaning my pool and thought it would be funny to attach my OA to my vaccum cleaner and then video it at the bottom of my pool, but I wanted to be able to see what the camera was seeing by using the app.  I open the app, connect the camera, make sure I can see what its seeing, and then I put my OA into the pool and let it sink to the bottom (its only 4ft deep) and as soon as the thing sank past a ft below surface, the connection to my MiMO app died and I could no longer see what the OA was seeing at the bottom of my pool.  

I am not sure if BT would be any better, but the current setup with WiFi only is definitely not ideal....
2019-5-21
Use props
fansfe82067d
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

That's why submarines use very long wavelengths for underwater communications.  Anything like BT and wireless won't work.  They assume that you will be in the water with the camera, or that you can simply point it in the general direction and get the shot with the very wide angle lens.
2019-5-21
Use props
Parisi2274
First Officer
Flight distance : 211043 ft
United States

fansfe82067d Posted at 5-21 19:24
That's why submarines use very long wavelengths for underwater communications.  Anything like BT and wireless won't work.  They assume that you will be in the water with the camera, or that you can simply point it in the general direction and get the shot with the very wide angle lens.

well, that makes total sense...

Thanks for the heads up... and now back to testing.
2019-5-21
Use props
markjohnson23
lvl.1

Pakistan

WiFi to the app was a horrible decision....to use the same network that I already had because it was the only one available. I found out soon enough though, that this wasn't the best decision I could make, and it certainly wasn't one that I wish would happen to me. That is why I am writing this to share with you my experience, and hopefully it helps you avoid making the exact same mistakes that I did.

First of all, I wanted to sign up for WiFi to the app because I was so happy with the free trials that Apple offered on their App Store. After going through the process of downloading, installing, and activating the mobile app, I noticed right away that the actual program itself was no better than any of the other apps that are on the app store, in fact, it was worse. I also noticed that it didn't even have Wifi already installed, which was a real downer. So I left immediately to look for another mobile app that would work with Wifi.

The next thing I did was search for "wi-fi to the app" on Google. Surprisingly, there were quite a few results that said that I should "migrate to Wifi", but after reading the fine print, it turns out to be just a bad mobile app. So instead of trying anything else, I downloaded the free version of Wifi to the App and immediately turned on my device to see if it would connect with my hotspot. It worked, I was connected, and I was able to browse the internet as if I hadn't been on the street for weeks. For more visit
https://bypurify.com/vacuum-cleaners/
2021-5-8
Use props
Fishycomics
Captain
United States

We're working for the future wireless underwater.

bluetooth you can do that if IF you have Air rf signal hits a brick wall when it sees water, nothing new
2021-5-9
Use props
CemAygun
Captain
Flight distance : 810 ft
Philippines

This is why underwater drones need a cable
2021-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules