Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo pocket on motorcycle
8421 15 2019-5-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_1TwqXsAd13aw
lvl.1
United States

hey ya'll. I have been trying to get the osmo pocket to work on my motorcycle. It gets a lot of focus pulsing.  Is there a setting that might help stop that from happening? I got rid of most the jello with some rubber mounts but still get a lot of pulsing.

2019-5-21
Use props
fans687a79c2
Second Officer
Hong Kong

I failed too. I mounted it on my bicycle. It seems the OP can't get rid of vertical oscillation during the ride on uneven track.
2019-5-21
Use props
fansfe82067d
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

Sounds like you need the different stabilisation method of the Osmo Action.  But people seem to get good results clipping the Pocket to themselves, not the bike.
2019-5-21
Use props
Wiz33
Captain
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

You need to use one of this as the Op does not have Z-axis stabilization:

https://www.amazon.com/FD-Izmn-e ... =gateway&sr=8-2
2019-5-21
Use props
John Walker
First Officer
United Kingdom

It's not designed as an 'Action Camera'.  Horses for courses etc.  
2019-5-22
Use props
John Walker
First Officer
United Kingdom

It's not designed as an 'Action Camera'.  Horses for courses etc.  
2019-5-22
Use props
FarangPilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1318976 ft

I will try it out later this week, Putting my OP on my go pro chest harness. Should be ok i believe.
2019-5-22
Use props
GoPro King
lvl.1
Flight distance : 578799 ft
Australia

Its not meant for motorcycles, just buy a GoPro or Osmo Action. The pocket is 100% handheld.
2019-5-22
Use props
Hierarch
lvl.1

United States

Well, Osmo pocket cant handles it easily. Osmo Action might be better
2019-5-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, thanks for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience that it caused . It is one way of creatively maximizing the usage of the product. May I know if you're mounting it directly on your helmet? If yes, please bear in mind that this haven’t been tested to use in this way and not recommended as it may block your line of sight while driving. Thanks for your support and understanding.
2019-5-22
Use props
Vermifuge
lvl.4
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-22 15:29
Hi there, thanks for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience that it caused . It is one way of creatively maximizing the usage of the product. May I know if you're mounting it directly on your helmet? If yes, please bear in mind that this haven’t been tested to use in this way and not recommended as it may block your line of sight while driving. Thanks for your support and understanding.

Could DJI make a bike mount like it had for the DJI Osmo / Osmo Plus ?
2019-5-22
Use props
Vermifuge
lvl.4
United States

Wiz33 Posted at 5-21 19:48
You need to use one of this as the Op does not have Z-axis stabilization:

https://www.amazon.com/FD-Izmn-electronic-Compatible-Absorber-Extended/dp/B07RXZY54Q/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=osmo+pocket+bike+absorber&qid=1558496880&s=gateway&sr=8-2

do you have a video of this in use with the osmo pocket?
2019-5-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Vermifuge Posted at 5-22 23:40
Could DJI make a bike mount like it had for the DJI Osmo / Osmo Plus ?

Hi Vermifuge, thanks for sharing your thoughts. I will forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests may be implemented. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news in our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for your product. We do appreciate your understanding.
2019-5-23
Use props
Wiz33
Captain
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

Vermifuge Posted at 5-22 23:41
do you have a video of this in use with the osmo pocket?

2019-5-24
Use props
Steve MartinUSA
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3300653 ft
United States

I get good stable video on a motorcycle with the Osmo Pocket clipped to my backpack strap. I do have to manually adjust the exposure though. Also, what settings do I use to keep the osmo looking straight down the road, with 1/3 sky showing?
2020-7-10
Use props
Curt1591
Captain
Thailand

Steve MartinUSA Posted at 7-10 16:02
I get good stable video on a motorcycle with the Osmo Pocket clipped to my backpack strap. I do have to manually adjust the exposure though. Also, what settings do I use to keep the osmo looking straight down the road, with 1/3 sky showing?

Tilt Lock ?
2020-7-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules