Signal Strength in Logs
1104 6 2019-5-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gryphon962
lvl.2
Flight distance : 623 ft

United States

A technical question: do any logfiles record the signal strength of the connection to the Mavic?
I reviewed a csv logfile and was very surprised to not find it.

Its kind of important, right?

2019-5-21
Use props
G_Sig
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

If you open your .txt file in Airdata com, it will show your signal.

I don't know if it's the control signal but I think it is.
Don't think it's the video signal, as that is not important to control app.
2019-5-22
Use props
Gryphon962
lvl.2

United States

I learned on another forum that might be showing a value based on packet loss rather than signal strength.
2019-5-22
Use props
G_Sig
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

Gryphon962 Posted at 5-22 11:34
I learned on another forum that might be showing a value based on packet loss rather than signal strength.

Yes might bee but you don't have any use of lost packet, no matter the signal strength.
2019-5-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We're hoping that you could get the best recommendation on which third-party application that you may need to possibly pull up the signal strength when the aircraft is flying. Thank you for your support.
2019-5-22
Use props
Gryphon962
lvl.2

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 5-22 14:59
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We're hoping that you could get the best recommendation on which third-party application that you may need to possibly pull up the signal strength when the aircraft is flying. Thank you for your support.

Can I suggest as a new feature that DJI add the uplink and downlink signal strength to flight logs in a future firmware update?

There are a lot of other parameters recorded in the log that arent nearly so important.

If the link power in dBm or even as C/No was logged, that would help the community figure out why their drones sometimes lose signal.
2019-5-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Gryphon962 Posted at 5-23 16:17
Can I suggest as a new feature that DJI add the uplink and downlink signal strength to flight logs in a future firmware update?

There are a lot of other parameters recorded in the log that arent nearly so important.

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. No worries, we will forward this to our designated department for attention. Thank you for your support.
2019-5-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules