1748 35 2019-5-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ChrisJG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1725341 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Finally got around to watching the excellent tutorial from @Hummingbird.UAV on how to upload the 360 Sphere Photography and here's the first from the Mavic Air.

2019-5-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for sharing your sphere mode with us. Cheers!
2019-5-22
Use props
nilsonleow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136680 ft
Ukraine

Wow! Really cool job!
2019-5-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very nice sphere!
2019-5-22
Use props
ChrisJG
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 5-22 08:19
Hi, thanks for sharing your sphere mode with us. Cheers!

Thank you DJI Tony, and congratulations on becoming a Super Moderator! Have you special powers now?
2019-5-22
Use props
ChrisJG
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

nilsonleow Posted at 5-22 11:16
Wow! Really cool job!

Thank you! Was Hummingbird.UAV’s tutorial that helped me.
2019-5-22
Use props
ChrisJG
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thank you, as soon as I can am gong to film everything in spherical pano mode now
2019-5-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

ChrisJG Posted at 5-22 14:13
Thank you, as soon as I can am gong to film everything in spherical pano mode now

You're welcome!
Yes, that is a great way to view the world.
2019-5-22
Use props
ShermanFlyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 596896 ft
United States

Nice work
2019-5-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

ChrisJG Posted at 5-22 14:11
Thank you DJI Tony, and congratulations on becoming a Super Moderator! Have you special powers now?

You're most welcome! Thank you as well. Should you have further concerns, please let us know.  
2019-5-23
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
First Officer
Flight distance : 8351585 ft
  • >>>
Mexico

Very nice spherical pano.
2019-5-24
Use props
ChrisJG
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hummingbird.UAV Posted at 5-24 05:17
Very nice spherical pano.

Thank you very much!
2019-5-24
Use props
Mhinc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 151467 ft
Canada

Very cool!
2019-5-24
Use props
Bluehook
lvl.4
Flight distance : 790814 ft
United States

Holy crap, that's cool.

My Mavic Air will do that?

2019-5-28
Use props
ChrisJG
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thank you!
2019-5-28
Use props
ChrisJG
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bluehook Posted at 5-28 17:28
Holy crap, that's cool.

My Mavic Air will do that?

Thank you. Yes it will very easily, Go into the settings of the camera and there’s a menu of photographic options ; HDR, multiple photos, etc. The Panoramic has from memory 4/5 different options including a 3 pane vertical panoramic, a 21 pane horizontal panoramic and a 25 pane 360 sphere! Certainly worth your while becoming familiar with your options.
Good luck!
2019-5-28
Use props
wjkrysak
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2957598 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very cool. Thanks for sharing. I will have to give it a try.
2019-5-29
Use props
Bluehook
lvl.4
United States

ChrisJG Posted at 5-28 19:54
Thank you. Yes it will very easily, Go into the settings of the camera and there’s a menu of photographic options ; HDR, multiple photos, etc. The Panoramic has from memory 4/5 different options including a 3 pane vertical panoramic, a 21 pane horizontal panoramic and a 25 pane 360 sphere! Certainly worth your while becoming familiar with your options.
Good luck!

Thanks!  How long does it usually take to take?

2019-5-29
Use props
ChrisJG
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bluehook Posted at 5-29 19:32
Thanks!  How long does it usually take to take?

25 photos, so maybe a minute or so? Depends on how still the air is, the main thing is to stand still and let the air do it’s thing. Remembering to switch back from a sphere pano to whatever mode you normally use, else another  25 photos. .....I try and shoot any fairly early into the flight whilst I’ve a decent battery %.
2019-5-29
Use props
Bluehook
lvl.4
United States

ChrisJG Posted at 5-29 20:50
25 photos, so maybe a minute or so? Depends on how still the air is, the main thing is to stand still and let the air do it’s thing. Remembering to switch back from a sphere pano to whatever mode you normally use, else another  25 photos. .....I try and shoot any fairly early into the flight whilst I’ve a decent battery %.

Thanks Chris.  I tried 3 this afternoon.  What I have is 3 very wide angle photos in the 100MEDIA folder and 3 new sub-folders in a new "anorama" folder, each containing 25 jpg's.   But none of them are anything like that cool sphere you posted above.

Not sure what to do now?  I'm perusing the manual as we speak and have not yet for out what to do next.

Can you point me in the right direction?  Thanks.

2019-5-30
Use props
ChrisJG
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bluehook Posted at 5-30 10:35
Thanks Chris.  I tried 3 this afternoon.  What I have is 3 very wide angle photos in the 100MEDIA folder and 3 new sub-folders in a new "Panorama" folder, each containing 25 jpg's.   But none of them are anything like that cool sphere you posted above.

Not sure what to do now?  I'm perusing the manual as we speak and have not yet for out what to do next.

Hi Bluehook, two choices I think. Open one of the folders with 25 images in Lightroom, and use the Merge to Panorama function...to build the image that you upload to Skypixel as in the video....takes time and is a bit of a mission.
Secondly, when you’ve landed and with the controller still connected to your drone, click the little ‘view’ icon on the bottom right corner and view / download the image to your device to then upload?
Am away from my Mac now, so not able to be as precise as I’d like, but that’s the gist of it,
Good luck!
2019-5-30
Use props
Bluehook
lvl.4
United States

ChrisJG Posted at 5-30 10:44
Hi Bluehook, two choices I think. Open one of the folders with 25 images in Lightroom, and use the Merge to Panorama function...to build the image that you upload to Skypixel as in the video....takes time and is a bit of a mission.
Secondly, when you’ve landed and with the controller still connected to your drone, click the little ‘view’ icon on the bottom right corner and view / download the image to your device to then upload?
Am away from my Mac now, so not able to be as precise as I’d like, but that’s the gist of it,

Hey Chris, I *thought* I responded back but I guess I never did?  From my experience, the only was to get your sphere is to upload directly from the drone to Skypixel.

Here's the ones I did back in May:

https://www.skypixel.com/users/bluehook

2019-7-9
Use props
David Martin Graff
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nicely done - thanks again for sharing!
2019-7-9
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Excellent work!
2019-7-9
Use props
Scotty Shep
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136168 ft
Finland

ChrisJG Posted at 5-22 14:12
Thank you! Was Hummingbird.UAV’s tutorial that helped me.

Is this on YouTube, great photo as well
2019-7-10
Use props
ChrisJG
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bluehook Posted at 7-9 15:48
Hey Chris, I *thought* I responded back but I guess I never did?  From my experience, the only was to get your sphere is to upload directly from the drone to Skypixel.

Here's the ones I did back in May:

Thanks you did, we chatted about the heart shaped landscaping you did, most impressed ;-)
2019-7-10
Use props
ChrisJG
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Scotty Shep Posted at 7-10 02:58
Is this on YouTube, great photo as well

Thanks, no idea if it is, but here's the link to @Hummingbird.UAV's tutorial here https://forum.dji.com/thread-139123-1-1.html
Good luck!
2019-7-10
Use props
ChrisJG
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thank you!
2019-7-10
Use props
NitemareTrainer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11844 ft
United States

That is cool, exactly how did you do that?
2019-7-10
Use props
ChrisJG
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

NitemareTrainer Posted at 7-10 09:32

Thanks, and as much as I'd like to take the credit and claim the skills as my own....it's easy! Go into the camera settings on your drone and check out the panorama's there's a few options...the icon of the globe will take 21 photos and you then just stitch them together -  if you use a PC then microsoft image composite editor will do that and it's free...on a mac, I use Lightroom and then follow the tutorial listed above that Hummingbird.UAV posted
2019-7-10
Use props
NitemareTrainer
lvl.4
United States

ChrisJG Posted at 7-10 10:28
Thanks, and as much as I'd like to take the credit and claim the skills as my own....it's easy! Go into the camera settings on your drone and check out the panorama's there's a few options...the icon of the globe will take 21 photos and you then just stitch them together -  if you use a PC then microsoft image composite editor will do that and it's free...on a mac, I use Lightroom and then follow the tutorial listed above that Hummingbird.UAV posted

Ok thanks, I have a MAC so I just download Lightroom.  Are they hard to stitch together?  Also how did you get that view of the globe?
2019-7-10
Use props
ChrisJG
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

NitemareTrainer Posted at 7-10 12:34
Ok thanks, I have a MAC so I just download Lightroom.  Are they hard to stitch together?  Also how did you get that view of the globe?

Lightroom comes with Adobe stuff I pay £10 per month for that plus Photoshop. Then it’s merge to panorama on the menu.  Easy as can be.
Did you watch the video? That explains it quite well, honestly not difficult at all.
2019-7-10
Use props
NitemareTrainer
lvl.4
United States

ChrisJG Posted at 7-10 14:36
Lightroom comes with Adobe stuff I pay £10 per month for that plus Photoshop. Then it’s merge to panorama on the menu.  Easy as can be.
Did you watch the video? That explains it quite well, honestly not difficult at all.

ok thanks I appreciate it
2019-7-10
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Wow! Really cool job!
2019-7-10
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great 360 photo. Amazing amount of detail!
2019-7-10
Use props
Bluehook
lvl.4
United States

NitemareTrainer Posted at 7-10 09:32

The way I did mine was directly thru the drone.  RC with access to the internets, connected to the drone and with the SD card still in the drone, it gives you the option to upload to SkyPixel.

All the stitching/production etc was done automatically upon upload and it was very quick.

FYI - SkyPixel is like an online art gallery for aerial imagery -- it is part of DJI and accounts and storage are free.  And there is some really cool stuff on there.  Here's a short video that explains what it is.

Keep us posted, I'd like to see yours.

2019-7-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules