Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Maps not showing on Pro Plus remote? Here's the fix!
15181 21 2019-5-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CR125Honda
lvl.4
Flight distance : 491975 ft
United States

THIS ONLY APPLIES TO THE PHANTOM 4 PRO PLUS

I'll start off saying I don't use my Plus controller very often.
Usually, I'll use my Pro 4 controller / iPad combo.

Saw a post on another site that someone was having a maps issue with their Pro 4 Plus.
Grabbed my Plus controller, linked it to my Phantom 4 PRO to see if I could duplicate / resolve the issue.
First 2 pics (below) were after linking.
Maps were blank on mine also?? Uh oh.
Time to troubleshoot.
Click the DJI on top left.
Went to maps menu (DJI GO 4, main page), fourth icon, top left.
Downloaded the area maps where I'm at.
Restarted. All good. Got the maps (last 2 pics).

I had to poke the bear!
Here's where I thought I really messed up......

Went  back to maps menu and thought I'd delete the downloaded maps and repeat  the process.. Just to be sure this all worked correctly.
On my downloaded maps page (again, in DJI GO 4), I saw that there were duplicates of the downloaded maps of my area.
Deleted them both.
Restarted.
Attempted to download maps again.
Download would start, then get stuck at 47%.
Cancelled, restarted, waited. Rinse / repeat, etc..
No  luck getting maps to download (would continually stick at 47%) and now  my maps page would only show the GEO areas but no streets.

Slight panic mode sets in thinking I just put myself in that guy's boat.

Went through all menus I could think of on remote looking for issues/update's, etc.
Attached drone to DJI Assistant 2 on PC.
Synced, and also checked for updates.
Still no maps.

Here's the fix (was for me anyway).

Place finger top / middle of Pro Plus controller screen.
Swipe down. Should see the Volume and Brightness menu.
Below that, I see a box that reads an update for DJI GO 4 was available, version V4.3.14 (8-dpad)
Click the button and download the new DJI GO 4 app.
Followed installation instructions after download.

Restart.
Maps returned right away!
This means they were coming thru my wifi.

Downloaded my area maps again.
This time, the download did not hesitate and went right through to completion at 100%.
Learned something today.
Even though I thought all my firmware and software were current, they were not.
The  usual menu I see after start up (MC Menu) and the Systems  Settings  (then Update) menu on DJI GO 4, do not tell you if there is a new  version of DJI  GO 4.

After the update, it's all good again.

Hope this helps others.

Anyone with the Standard Phantom 4 Pro controller (GL300F), pay no attention to any of the above.

THIS ONLY APPLIES TO THE PHANTOM 4 PRO PLUS  -  GL300E remote controller.

They are two different animals.

2019-5-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. Thanks for sharing this very useful information you provided about the DJI Phantom 4 Pro Plus. This will help our DJI co-pilots here in the forum that currently using the built-in screen. Thank you for your continued support. Cheers!
2019-5-22
Use props
Jebtir
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1126516 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-22 14:45
Hi, there. Thanks for sharing this very useful information you provided about the DJI Phantom 4 Pro Plus. This will help our DJI co-pilots here in the forum that currently using the built-in screen. Thank you for your continued support. Cheers!

However, this update has another bug: After updating, I can't change the radio settings to bindar on another Phantom 4. Be it Standard or Advanced. I select the model and it goes back to Phantom 4 Pro. Any solutions?

Before you did this update, it was normal!
2019-11-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Jebtir Posted at 11-26 10:34
However, this update has another bug: After updating, I can't change the radio settings to bindar on another Phantom 4. Be it Standard or Advanced. I select the model and it goes back to Phantom 4 Pro. Any solutions?

Before you did this update, it was normal!

Hi, thank you for your response. Can you please try to refresh your firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 to see if the problem persists? Also, can you please take a screenshot showing the issue that you are having right now for us to further isolate the issue. Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2019-11-27
Use props
Jebtir
lvl.4
  • >>>
Brazil

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-27 13:43
Hi, thank you for your response. Can you please try to refresh your firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 to see if the problem persists? Also, can you please take a screenshot showing the issue that you are having right now for us to further isolate the issue. Please keep us posted. Thank you!

Update the radio control by DJI Assistant? The problem is this that I quoted; After updating DJI GO 4 to resolve the Mapbox problem, it does not change the radio configuration to be bindado in another Phantom 4 (Standard or Advanced). He only Links a no Phantom 4 Pro. I select the Drone model and it goes back to the Phantom 4 Pro model. Before upgrading, it was normal!
2019-11-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Jebtir Posted at 11-28 07:13
Update the radio control by DJI Assistant? The problem is this that I quoted; After updating DJI GO 4 to resolve the Mapbox problem, it does not change the radio configuration to be bindado in another Phantom 4 (Standard or Advanced). He only Links a no Phantom 4 Pro. I select the Drone model and it goes back to the Phantom 4 Pro model. Before upgrading, it was normal!

I'm sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to sync all of your flight records then try to uninstall and reinstall the application to see if the problem persists? Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2019-11-29
Use props
Jebtir
lvl.4
  • >>>
Brazil

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-29 10:22
I'm sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to sync all of your flight records then try to uninstall and reinstall the application to see if the problem persists? Please keep us posted. Thank you!

I've already done that. If I keep the app in the version after it has restored, the option to link with other Phantom 4 models works. But don't download the maps. I end up being required to update again, download the maps, but the option to link with other template does not work. Too complicated!
2019-11-29
Use props
rogerhinds
lvl.1
Flight distance : 47008 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2019-5-22 14:45

Absolutely helped me in my problem.  Thanks for sharing.
2020-3-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

rogerhinds Posted at 3-7 18:05
Absolutely helped me in my problem.  Thanks for sharing.

We must thank CR125Honda for posting this very useful tips. Cheers!  
2020-3-8
Use props
fans5f56890a
New
Flight distance : 74229 ft
South Africa

This fixed it for me after days of grief! Thanks a lot!!
2020-4-25
Use props
mixingmusicgmail.com
lvl.1

United States

Thank you...Been driving me Crazy.....Maps work perfect.....Thank you again...........
2020-7-18
Use props
djiuser_CX4NZCQAOu0m
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15715 ft

United States

You are my hero.  Worked perfectly.  Thank you.
2020-12-12
Use props
ankit malaviya
New
Flight distance : 3 ft
India

HELLO SIR I HAVE SAME PROBLM ND I WILL TRY TO YOUR PROSSES BT MY MAP PAGE IS NOT OPEN.WHAT CAN I DO???
2021-1-20
Use props
ankit malaviya
New
Flight distance : 3 ft
India

HELLO SIR I HAVE SAME PROBLM ND I WILL TRY TO YOUR PROSSES BT MY MAP PAGE IS NOT OPEN.WHAT CAN I DO?? pls sir reply my mail id is ankitmalaviya000@gmail.com
2021-1-21
Use props
fans23d2aba7
New
United States

I am having this problem but I can't open the map menu, every time I click it nothing happens. Is there something I have to do to be able to open the map menu?
2021-3-18
Use props
ucmena
lvl.1
Flight distance : 201558 ft
United States

fans23d2aba7 Posted at 3-18 07:28
I am having this problem but I can't open the map menu, every time I click it nothing happens. Is there something I have to do to be able to open the map menu?

Same here. You can click the map icon on the built in screen and all it does is click. No maps. The drone works well except no maps. I have to send it back for replacement. Pretty upsetting. Spend over an hour on the phone. Anyone know any other ways???
2021-3-26
Use props
Jeffly
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1320892 ft
United States

if you cant see or download the map you can install a newer version dji does usually let you here https://my.hidrive.com/share/j78c0b0-3e#login the password is help100 !!THIS ONLY WORKS ON THE GL300E MODEL AKA THE PHANTOM 4 PRO 1.0 PLUS REMOTE!!
2021-3-29
Use props
BradASchreiber
lvl.1
Flight distance : 92667 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2019-11-29 10:22

I have done that and have never gotten Mapbox to work. Ever. It is very frustrating.
2021-9-30
Use props
djiuser_aoBWEF1SDTIS
New

Australia

Hi can anyone please send this fix or where to download. Thanks Andy
2022-4-25
Use props
djiuser_7zjxnnLb0e5d
New

Brazil

COMPREI UM PHANTOM 4 PRO V.20 COM CONTROLADORA GL300L, MAS QUERIA UMA CONTROLADORA COM TELA EMBUTIDA. VERIFIQUEI NO SITE DJI E HAVIA INFORMAÇÃO QUE  A CONTROLADORA GL300K ERA COMPATÍVEL COM O P4 PRO V2.0, PORÉM OS MAPAS NÃO CARREGAM NESSA CONTROLADORA GL300K COM TELA EMBUTIDA, CARREGA ATÉ UM CERTO PONTO E DEPOIS TRAVA, O QUE DEVO FAZER??? O controle Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 (GL 300L) não é compatível com o controle remoto do Phantom 4 Pro V2.0+ (GL300K)????
2022-5-11
Use props
ro_flyer
Captain
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Can you check actual the RC battery voltage, in the Go app?
2022-5-12
Use props
fans774f3c00
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1010463 ft
Australia

Hi, I’ve deleted the old app & downloaded the newer version & updated it in remote but still the map screen is black.

Really appreciate some help
2023-3-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules