Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ronin Focus Motor Zoom and Iris Mode not working
2482 4 2019-5-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
daderaide
lvl.1

United States

I just recieved my focus motor today and if I try to use the zoom or iris mode, the red light just flashes indicating it is disconnected. The focus function works. As I cycle through the modes, the focus mode will have a green light and calibrate correctly and work fine and if I press the button on the motor to switch it to either I, or Z, the light just flashes red, even though the light on the focus wheel is green (which according to the manul should indicate that the focus motor is connected and calibrated). This is regardles of wether I have the camera cable plugged in or not. I tried both ports on the gimbal and that has no affect.

Do these modes work? Why is it telling me it's disconnected when clearly, it's not.

2019-5-22
Use props
daderaide
lvl.1

United States

A little more info for what I bought this motor for in the first place: I'd like to use autofocus on the camera and zoom the lens with the motor. I'm using a GH5S and Panasonic 12-35mm lens. The camera works fine with the gimbal and if I disconnect the cable, I can use the focus wheel to zoom the lens with it in the "focus" mode but then I can't control the camera.
2019-5-22
Use props
dantastic
lvl.4
Taiwan

Same here, only works in focus mode
2019-5-24
Use props
fans07509e3c
lvl.3
Flight distance : 101978 ft
France

same here focus only why nobody talk about that ??? please dji explain it !
2019-8-9
Use props
fansbdb76f77
lvl.1

Well, with the latest firmware update, I am now able to use the focus motor with the GH5S also plugged into the gimbal with the camera connection cable. So that's at least a start. Nothing else has changed. The other modes on the focus motor have not been fixed.

So as of this time, I can start and stop recording on the camera and use the "create" features to trigger the camera for recording and time lapse. etc and I can ALSO use the focus wheel to control the motor at the same time. So that's awesome! BUT I still can't control zoom on the lens as well as focus from the internal electronic manual focus. This seems like a no brainer of a feature! the function button on the focus wheel would be the perfect place to switch between controlling the motor and controlling focus. Why can't it do this!!??

Also, I wish I could also put in waypoints for the motor inside the create feature for tracking. this is also a huge miss from DJI. If i can program pan and tilt, why can't I also program the motor?
2019-10-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules