Phantom 3 standard broken? Can't update, can't restore, can't fly
4952 17 2019-5-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stefaaaan
lvl.1
Netherlands

Hi,

I've a DJI Phantom 3 standard and i hadn't used my drone for a year or so. Last week i wanted to fly again so i charged my drone battery and my remote control battery (full).
I installed the DJI GO (not the DJI GO 4 app, because phantom 3 is not supported on that app) and i can succesfully connect via the DJI go app to my drone.

The only this is, that i can't see anything on the screen, the camera screen is not showing in the app. I also get an error:
No Image Transmission Signal Issue DJI Phantom

I searched this forum and the internet and tried everthing to fix this. There is a SD-card in my camera (the one was always in my drone). In the DJI app a message appaered: update available: v01.09.0200. I clicked on update but everytime i got a message: update failed. I restarted everything 10 times but it won't update and it will still give the message in the camera screen: "No Image Transmission Signal Issue DJI Phantom"

I also tried to format my SD-card, download the latest firmare file from https://www.dji.com/nl/phantom-3-standard/info#downloads and put the BIN file (not the .zip file) into the SD-card, restart the drone but i won't start the update.

If i format the SD-card again and just start up my drone, i can succesfully connect to my drone (via WIFI of the RC) and i get the message again: "No Image Transmission Signal Issue DJI Phantom" and also update available.

I also tried older firmware versions, but they also won't start to update.

I don't know what to do, i want to fly again with my drone but i can't fix this.

Has somebody has suggestions? Thanks in advance and i hope that i can fix my drone instead of trow it away

Stefan
2019-5-23
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Forget about updating and try relinking the rc and ac.
2019-5-23
Use props
stefaaaan
lvl.1
Netherlands

ALABAMA Posted at 5-23 13:09
Forget about updating and try relinking the rc and ac.

ok thanks, i will search how-to do it and will try it
2019-5-24
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Was the whole system of yoour Phantom powered on? If not the update will fail always. First try to relink the AC with the RC and then have a look for the stability of the connction of the RC with the AC and your mobile,as Alabama suguested.
2019-5-24
Use props
stefaaaan
lvl.1
Netherlands

Thanks for your replies, i succesfully reconnected my RC with the aircraft using the DJI go app and i pushed the connect button on the aircraft, however, this has not solved my problem. I still get the same message: No Image Transmission Signal....

- i turned evertyhing off
- Turned on my RC
- turned on my aircraft and gimbal is 'moving' (like normal)
- connect to wifi of the Phantom via my iphone
- start the DJI go app , status: "Aircraft connected"
- Click 'camera' in dji go app

i really don't know what to do to fix my drone
2019-5-26
Use props
stefaaaan
lvl.1
Netherlands

In settings, when i go to "Gimbal setting" and push "recenter Gimbal" nothing happens with the Gimbal?? Also when i push "Adjust Gimbal Roll" and adjust the Gimbal roll, nothing happens....
When i push "Gimbal Auto Calibration", i get the message 'Gimbal clibrating' and after a few second i get the message 'Gimbal Calibrated' and the aircraft is making 2 beeps/sounds.

Is it possible that there is something wrong with the Gimbal?
2019-5-26
Use props
stefaaaan
lvl.1
Netherlands

But the weird thing is, when i startup my aircraft, the gimbal is moving and rotating (like normal startup)
2019-5-26
Use props
stefaaaan
lvl.1
Netherlands

Nobody has any suggestions?
2019-5-29
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Germany

Did you have a look to the gimbal LED? What color has it?
2019-5-29
Use props
stefaaaan
lvl.1
Netherlands

Is that the LED under the aircraft? This is green
2019-5-30
Use props
stefaaaan
lvl.1
Netherlands

In the menu in the DJI go app i now see a message: “Gimbal Disconnected”!? What can I do to fix this?
2019-5-30
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Germany

The gimbal mother board has a LED in frontside of the lower part of AC where the cam is assembled. If you power on the P3S system. It must has solid green color if the gimbal is operating and the cam is idle.

2019-5-31
Use props
stefaaaan
lvl.1
United States

Thank you! No led is blinking, not red not green, nothing, is my drone broken?
2019-6-2
Use props
PowerBand1
lvl.3

Australia

stefaaaan Posted at 6-2 23:42
Thank you! No led is blinking, not red not green, nothing, is my drone broken?

Check the cable connections on top of the gimbal.
2019-6-3
Use props
P3KoYoT
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1846667 ft
Poland

stefaaaan I heared from service that sometimes when you power up your drone with gimbal protection, the gimball can be overloaded and some problem with camera motherboard can occure. Do the check of strip connection as PowerBand1 wrote.
2019-6-4
Use props
stefaaaan
lvl.1
Netherlands

I checked everything, also the cable, i partly disassembled my drone but everything looks normal. I unplugged the cables and re-plugged them. Turned on my drone and same error: Gimbal disconnected in the menu and same error: "No Image Transmission Signal Issue DJI Phantom" and no camera screen on my iphone.
I think motherboard of my Gimbal died or something But the weird thing is, when i turn on my drone, the gimbal is moving and calibrating/centralizing like at normal startup.

Can i send to DJI to repair of sell my drone to somebody who wants to fix it, or...?
2019-6-13
Use props
skidbooots
lvl.1

United States

stefaaaan Posted at 6-13 09:49
I checked everything, also the cable, i partly disassembled my drone but everything looks normal. I unplugged the cables and re-plugged them. Turned on my drone and same error: Gimbal disconnected in the menu and same error: "No Image Transmission Signal Issue DJI Phantom" and no camera screen on my iphone.
I think motherboard of my Gimbal died or something  But the weird thing is, when i turn on my drone, the gimbal is moving and calibrating/centralizing like at normal startup.

My drone is doing about the same....not seeing what the camera shows or transmits.   Thanks  John
2019-6-22
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Germany

Did you a record on your sd card?
2019-6-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules