P4P Obsidian lens filter
823 6 2019-5-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bebo117
lvl.4

Italy

I discover P4P and P4P obsidian have different lens diameter . So the filters for the first doesn't be used on Obsidian. unbelievable? Nisi guy was surprised as me
2019-5-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Bebo117. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing this information with us. Both the DJI Phantom 4 Pro and the DJI Phantom 4 Pro Obsidian share the same product specifications. The main deference on both drones is the DJI Phantom 4 Pro Obsidian comes in an all-new matte black casing. I will be posting a link where in you can find the overview and the specifications of the said drones. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/phantom-4-pr ... ;from=insite_search
2019-5-23
Use props
Bebo117
lvl.4

Italy

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-23 11:07
Hello and good day Bebo117. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing this information with us. Both the DJI Phantom 4 Pro and the DJI Phantom 4 Pro Obsidian share the same product specifications. The main deference on both drones is the DJI Phantom 4 Pro Obsidian comes in an all-new matte black casing. I will be posting a link where in you can find the overview and the specifications of the said drones. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/phantom-4-pro?site=brandsite&from=insite_search

HI Stephen,
thank you for the prompt answer, but...
The NISI guy do your same job: repeat his company do the right thing.
They say the set filter is a "Special design for DJI Phantom 4 Pro" (au website) and "Kit Filtri per DJI Phantom 4 Pro e Advance (IT website).
so, the result is I lie?

No, the result is I have 2 objects not compatible despite what DJI and NISI says...
I'll think about these companies
nisi_vs_DJI.jpg
2019-5-23
Use props
Bebo117
lvl.4

Italy

Hi, I confirme Nisi filters (phantom 4 pro kit) are not compatible with Phantom 4 pro OBSDIAN Ed. Filters of another brand are fit.
2019-5-31
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bebo117 Posted at 5-31 03:27
Hi, I confirme Nisi filters (phantom 4 pro kit) are not compatible with Phantom 4 pro OBSDIAN Ed. Filters of another brand are fit.

Aloha Bebo,

The filters you mention have a very fine thread because the cameras are mounted externally on an aircraft and a fine thread makes it all tighter.  Does one of the filters slip over the camera lens barrel and the other one threads properly?  Is just the thread for the two filters different?  

The photo of the two filters may just show that Nisi made the filter diameter larger than the DJI ultra-violet lens cover to make installation and removal easier.  The DJI cover and other filters are difficult to work with because they are lightweight and thin-framed.

All things said, the solution to this problem is to find a P4 Pro and see if the Nisi filter fits on the P4 Pro.  It is most likely that the Nisi packaging operation put the wrong filter in the P4 Pro Obsidian package that you got.  

As you note, you are caught in the middle.  That makes you the judge and there is an answer and you will find that the Nisi people may have made a mistake in packaging.  Not a problem, it happens too often , even for DJI.  But this time the problem is not from DJI.

My friends Obsidian and my P4 Pro have interchangeable filters and lens covers.  If there was a actual problem with a different fit, the next question would be if your Obsidian has had the camera changed somehow.  As you can see from the SPECs Stephen linked, the cameras are identical, just a different finish.  Both Obsidian and P4 Pro use the same filters.

Another thing you can try is to contact the Nisi people again (without saying who you are) and ask for the model number of the Nisi filter for the Obsidian.  Have the Nisi people published a link to their SPECs for the Obsidian filter?  Is the model number on the Nisi SPECs?  

Your photo shows the Nisi filter has a model number on it.  After the Nisi representative tells you the model number, compare it with the model number you have on your Nisi filter.  

If the numbers are the same, the Nisi people have a larger problem on their hands, their filters may be mislabeled.  Again this is not that unusual, rare but not that unusual.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2019-6-1
Use props
Bebo117
lvl.4

Italy

Cetacean Posted at 6-1 16:02
Aloha Bebo,

The filters you mention have a very fine thread because the cameras are mounted externally on an aircraft and a fine thread makes it all tighter.  Does one of the filters slip over the camera lens barrel and the other one threads properly?  Is just the thread for the two filters different?  

Aloha Cetacean,

thanks for your help, detailed explanation and  hypothesis. I see you're Captain, and this means you're an expert. Not me, drone's world is new for me, but not photography.

Unfortunally I had not a P4P to test NISI filters. I thougth that the right thing to do, was to ask to the vendor as you suggested about wrong item/shipping. The NISI guy asked me for a photo of the  package and, after that, confirmed the filters was for P4P. I asked if they have a specific filters for Obsidian and the answer was "We produce just these for DJI P4P". (and I believe to him)

This was enough for me.
(sales rules says:  DJI and NISI must fidelize his potential customers with transparency about products and servicies) :-)

From my point of view, at this point,  DJI or NISI lies about the products (obsidian and P4P filters) and I wrote  that on these pages. Immediatily Stephen clarified that P4Ps "share the same product specifications. " (and I believe to him).

So I bougth other P4P filters. Also this brand publish the full compatibility with "4 Pro/Pro + / Advance/Obsidian". But these fit.

After this I confirmed in these pages, NISI filter (original) doesn't fit with my Obsidian (original).

In any case I solved my need: have ND filters for Obsidian (different quality, of course)

Thank you again

Bebo
2019-6-1
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bebo117 Posted at 6-1 22:26
Aloha Cetacean,

thanks for your help, detailed explanation and  hypothesis. I see you're Captain, and this means you're an expert. Not me, drone's world is new for me, but not photography.

Aloha Bebo,

Good to hear you solved the problem.  Fly safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2019-6-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules