Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Motionlapse in Portrait Mode - Possible?
2075 4 2019-5-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rookpsu12
lvl.2
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Every time I attempt to start a motionlapse in portait mode the Osmo will throw an error.  If I have the phone connected it says "Please hold gimbal steady" and if not, it says, "Hold upright".  It'll let me set the markers and do everything else but as soon as I hit the record button it poops out.

Am I to assume this feature is not supported?   It does work with a standard timelapse.  I've tried calibrating to no avail.  
2019-5-23
Use props
Mars5150
lvl.4
Flight distance : 391493 ft
United States

Why would you do a Motionlapse in portrait??? Do you have your TV set mounted upright??
2019-5-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi Rookpsu12, we do appreciate your interest in our products and thanks for reaching out. These are the timelapse shooting strategies for the Osmo Pocket:
- Timelapse: Lock the focus distance to the items distance from the camera in the first frame.
- Motionlapse: Lock the focus distance to ∞. So items 2.5 meters away are clear in the picture.
Unfortunately, you cannot use the  Motionlapse and  Portrait mode at the same time. When in Motionlapse,  we need to hold the gimbal still and make it stable. When you switch between the Portrait mode and Underslung mode on Osmo Pocket, You can hold the grip, and rotate it to the left or right until the screen switches to being vertical and the Osmo Pocket automatically changes to Portrait mode. Also, you can hold the grip and rotate it 180 degrees to the left or right to go into Underslung mode. Appreciate your understanding and continued support.
2019-5-24
Use props
rookpsu12
lvl.2
  • >>>
Hong Kong

I appreciate the lengthy reply but I wasn't really asking for a "strategy", simply whether or not I could create a Motionlapse in portrait mode - for (the crazy corner case of) Instagram use.

Your reason for not supporting it however is peculiar because the gimbal in portrait mode is equally as "secure" as it is in landscape.

2019-5-24
Use props
rookpsu12
lvl.2
  • >>>
Hong Kong

I guess the answer, oddly, is "no".
2019-5-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules