Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
OSMO Action Moisture Issue
1850 17 5-24 08:13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BIGDZ
Captain
Flight distance : 2220722 ft
  • >>>
United States

This can not be normal, filmed in 4K 60fps and I’m experiencing this on the LCD screen. Making second guess my purchase. I bought it directly from DJI. Maybe I should’ve purchased a GOPro 7

5-24 08:13
Use props
speedbird747
lvl.2
Flight distance : 158983 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

any update DJI on this?
5-25 10:04
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 11526437 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing your findings
5-29 02:47
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft

Hi BIGDZ, in some rare circumstances, condensation behind Osmo Action’s front screen may occur when the device starts to heat up during normal operation. This does not affect the product performance and the fog will disappear naturally without leaving any marks.
To eliminate the fog quickly, you can place the product in a dry area. When using Osmo Action underwater, please make sure the battery cap is locked properly with dry hands. Thanks for your understanding.
5-29 03:23
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

Much of Asia is humid. If the camera's components have been exposed to this before final assembly, there could easily he residual moisture inside.

As pointed out, leave the camera in a dry atmosphere, maybe a plastic bag with a desiccant pack.

5-31 19:49
Use props
peiter
Second Officer
Denmark

I would store my camera with the battery out, so it have a chance of evaporating any build up condensation on the inside, this can of course be harder if you are in a humid place where the dew point are not far away.
In that case i think i would replace the battery with one of those little silica bags that suck up moisture when not in use, and then have the camera in a plastic bag so the outside environment cant influence the camera insides.

I still think this are a issue, and i am wondering why it only seem to be the front screen that get effected. ?
5-31 23:52
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 4201896 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It kinda matches the scratches on your Filter ;+) ..

Seriously though, I have tried to force this issue on mine but it’s not happening, so I’m thinking that a return might be the best way to go here, it’s obvious this is not on every unit .
6-1 03:57
Use props
ff22
Captain
United States

peiter Posted at 5-31 23:52
I would store my camera with the battery out, so it have a chance of evaporating any build up condensation on the inside, this can of course be harder if you are in a humid place where the dew point are not far away.
In that case i think i would replace the battery with one of those little silica bags that suck up moisture when not in use, and then have the camera in a plastic bag so the outside environment cant influence the camera insides.

I read one suggestion to actually remove the battery, plug in a charger and run the camera for an hour recording at the highest resolution/framerate which generates the most heat.  This could help dry it out.  Yes, it does run without a battery on a charger.
6-1 06:10
Use props
peiter
Second Officer
Denmark

If that can be done, sure a good way to get temperatures up and "cook" off any moisture trapped inside.
Me personally i also have my little airbrush compressor so i could increase circulation of air that way if the battery compartment are not too sealed off from the rest of the camera.
6-1 07:24
Use props
CRAIGMART75
Second Officer
Flight distance : 692625 ft
United States

I just bought mine and tested for the spot with water and it showed up on mine. so I am trying the remove battery and plug it in and record method to remove it.
6-2 09:07
Use props
CRAIGMART75
Second Officer
Flight distance : 692625 ft
United States

I'm testing it right now. Looks like it worked.. Knock on wood... I filmed at 4k/60 with rocksteady on.. filled a whole 64 Gb card. no battery just cable plugged in.. took about 70 Min.. One thing I noticed is how hot the camera got.. the body got very warm and inside the battery area was also warm.. but the Metal lens ring got to  like 120+  and I could only touch it for like 1 sec before it felt like it would burn my finger.
6-2 11:00
Use props
BIGDZ
Captain
Flight distance : 2220722 ft
  • >>>
United States

CRAIGMART75 Posted at 6-2 11:00
I'm testing it right now. Looks like it worked.. Knock on wood... I filmed at 4k/60 with rocksteady on.. filled a whole 64 Gb card. no battery just cable plugged in.. took about 70 Min.. One thing I noticed is how hot the camera got.. the body got very warm and inside the battery area was also warm.. but the Metal lens ring got to  like 120+  and I could only touch it for like 1 sec before it felt like it would burn my finger.

I actually did the same, and it seem to have worked.
6-4 21:46
Use props
PAPADEX
lvl.1
Philippines

GOT SAME PROBLEM. used it for 30 mins ride, then i noticed the moist in front LCD.. test again, and appeared when its taking few minutes of video.
HELLO DJI!!!
7-9 10:51
Use props
PAPADEX
lvl.1
Philippines

RETURNED THE ITEM. waiting for a week.. they (the store) didnt replaced my osmo action upon returning.. they said dji will be the one to check the defect. hassle for me, the store where i bought is too far from me. around 40kms.. tsk.. then i went there twice to just to return the item.. hassle.. super..
7-9 10:55
Use props
KerryG
First Officer
Flight distance : 7375597 ft
  • >>>
United States

There is NO NEED TO RETURN THEM!! Put the Action into a small ziplock bag without the battery installed with a couple of dissicant bags. If you don't have any, one was in the Osmo Action box. Leave this overnight and it will wick the last of the manufacturing moisture out and solve the issue.
7-9 11:54
Use props
djiuser_zVmecH71XBPZ
lvl.1

I had the same issue which i managed to rectify. I took out the battery, memory card and the side door for usb/memory card access, and I kept it in an airtight plastic bag along with a medium sized fresh pouch of silica gel crystals. I left it for more than 48 hours, and now the fogging issue has vanished completely. The probable cause of the issue might be a generation of moisture pocket during assembly or during transit.
10-6 20:15
Use props
Adam Griz Ryan
lvl.1

My Osmo action front screen fogs every time I use it regardless of humidity, temperature, or how hot it is. As of now, it
10-13 12:20
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer

Folllowing: had returned  in AUg 2019 no issue, repurchased Oct  2019 no issue so hmm  maybe pop off the lens   lett he camera record  in a cool room like a refregerator in the   produce bi its DEHUDIFIED that may clear it out or am I wrong?
10-13 12:41
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules