Osmo Action - Hanging while turning on, can't stop recording
1312 0 2019-5-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PaulTH
lvl.1
United States

So, the first few days everything was fine, except that my RockSteady didn't seem to work that well; it's an improvement over having it turned off, just didn't seem as good as what I saw on youtube, like iPhonedo's footage.  I have not dropped it, gotten it wet, etc. Hell, I haven't taken it outside.  My memory cards are Sandisk & Samsung 128GB U3's .  Was pretty excited to take this to Hawaii next week.  

Today, I turned it on and the screen only showed what the camera would see, no LED's, no interface ('SD,' 'RS,' frame lines, etc.)  I could not turn it off or 'swipe' the screen.  When I pressed record I got "Initalizing SD card."  This lasted for several minutes before finally the interface appeared and things appeared normal.  I hit record, and it started, but I was unable to stop it or otherwise interface with the unit. I eventually unplugged the battery.  

2nd try - Turned it back on, took about 30 seconds to get an interface.  Hit Record, nothing happened.  Fiddled with it more.  Decided to format card, says it's done.  Go back to screen, hit record, it says SD Card full.  I swipe and the play screens says Empty.  I try to format card and it gives an error.  Turned off and swapped cards.

3rd try - Turned it back on, almost 3 minutes for interface shows/green LED's light up.  Format new card; hit record, started fine.  Again, can not stop recording, trying short pushes and long pushes of the record button.  I went to type some of this up and noticed the record had stopped, about 1 minute past when I hit stop.  

Many more tries, changing cards to Samsung's, reset Action to factory defaults, etc. but nothing changes except how long it takes to turn on and use.  

I knew being an early adopter was a risk, but I guess at this point I may have to get a GP7 for the trip until this all get sorted out and more stable.

2019-5-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules