4 Airs and 4 issues
704 5 2019-5-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LoTuZ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 154134 ft
United States

So I have gone through 4 Mavic Airs. Every single one has a camera issue with dead or blinking pixels when using a res lower than 4k 30fps. It amazes me that ALL 4 Airs have this same issue.

Is there a fix? Was there a recall? Its an epic fail.

1st Air - bought direct from DJI. Didnt notice issue until well outside of the manuf warrenty so I just ig ored it. This drone fell out of the air and I opened a case but assumed it would not be covered so I bought a new one while waiting on DJI.

2nd Air-  Bought while waiting in DJI for open ticket. Same camera issue on this one. Dead or blinking pixels when in a lower res than 4k 30pfs. DJI contacted me about my ticket on the first drone and said they would send me a new one so I returned this one. I was excited to think the repkacement would not have camera issues.

3rd Air - received replacement drone from the opened ticket on the first drone. Same issue. Pixels dead or blinking on res lower than 4k 30fps. This drone was a fly away 3 days ago and it decided to land in the ocean. Wont go  into it but I have an open ticket.

4th Air - purchased today. Guess what. Yup. Dead or blinking pixels when res is lower than 4k 30fps.

2019-5-24
Use props
QQRUCH
Second Officer
Flight distance : 595518 ft
Spain

can you give us some example video?  thanks for sharing this information
2019-5-25
Use props
Ken Storm
lvl.4
Flight distance : 178583 ft
United Kingdom

Thanks Lotuz, lots of us are now going to get our Airs out and check at resolutions less than 4K.
I  must admit I've not tried mine, but will do now.
2019-5-27
Use props
SpruceMoose11
lvl.2
United States

How many more tries before you try another model or  brand?  
2019-5-27
Use props
XplorerDinesh
lvl.4
Flight distance : 170030 ft
India

Do you wear glasses...If yes, please check for any spots on them. Clean the glasses and then see. Could be a possibility. Sorry if you take this comment negatively. Just a suggestion from my side.
2019-5-28
Use props
Vofas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 200853 ft
Russia

Did you have something in common with these 4 drones? It may be a memory card used for recording. Did not try to replace it with a faster one?
2019-5-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules