Phantom 4 Standard camera indicator led flashing red green yellow
9985 19 2019-5-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
georgios87
lvl.3
Flight distance : 61070 ft
Greece

Can anyone help me figure out what this flashing code means? It started happening a few days ago when I turn on the drone the led first turns on green and then it cycles through rgy colors. Front arms stay red, rear arms flashing yellow and my remote doesnt connect anymore and when I try to bind nothing happens. Also cant connect by usb cable to pc, all of a sudden assistant 2 doesnt see the drone and in Windows device manager the com port and vision interface devices dont show anymore so I cant refresh or upgrade the fw with the hope of fixing the problem
2019-5-25
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Try removing the micro SD card, if it's gone faulty (or perhaps needing formatted) then it may affect things.

Front arm red LEDs are quite normal as they are navigation lights. Rear arms flashing yellow could either mean it's not talking to RC, or you're inside and GPS not available.

Have a read of the Manual P12 for the detail

Edit:- perhaps have a relook at the linking process (Page 40).
2019-5-25
Use props
georgios87
lvl.3
Greece

Aardvark Posted at 5-25 02:40
Try removing the micro SD card, if it's gone faulty (or perhaps needing formatted) then it may affect things.

Front arm red LEDs are quite normal as they are navigation lights. Rear arms flashing yellow could either mean it's not talking to RC, or you're inside and GPS not available.

Thank you for the suggestions. Rear arm leds are blinking fast as they do when the rc is turned off. I will try relinking once again... So far tried 4 times and once it starts the sequence of blinking red green yellow then pushing the bind button as suggested in the manual, nothing happens (its like it ignores the bind button press) and the controller sits there trying to bind to the ac doing the 60 second count down I have also tried with and without the sd card, it does the same sequence. I also tried with the sd from my mavic pro and still no dice... The weird thing is that the error code red green yellow is not described at all in the manual in the part about camera led indicator.
2019-5-25
Use props
georgios87
lvl.3
Greece

Aardvark Posted at 5-25 02:40

Also the weird thing is that I get no com port connection when connecting the usb to my pc (it has worked until before the led flashing problem started). It seems like the drone gets stuck in some type of start up sequence where com port commmunication is disabled ...
2019-5-25
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

georgios87 Posted at 5-25 03:42
Thank you for the suggestions. Rear arm leds are blinking fast as they do when the rc is turned off. I will try relinking once again... So far tried 4 times and once it starts the sequence of blinking red green yellow then pushing the bind button as suggested in the manual, nothing happens (its like it ignores the bind button press) and the controller sits there trying to bind to the ac doing the 60 second count down  I have also tried with and without the sd card, it does the same sequence. I also tried with the sd from my mavic pro and still no dice... The weird thing is that the error code red green yellow is not described at all in the manual in the part about camera led indicator.

"So far tried 4 times and once it starts the sequence of blinking red green yellow"

Is that the LED beside the SD card slot that flashes red/green/yellow ? Mine just flashes red when waiting to link.

Power up the aircraft and let all initialise for 30 seconds or so before initiating the link sequence.
2019-5-25
Use props
georgios87
lvl.3
Greece

Aardvark Posted at 5-25 07:24
"So far tried 4 times and once it starts the sequence of blinking red green yellow"

Is that the LED beside the SD card slot that flashes red/green/yellow ? Mine just flashes red when waiting to link.

Yes its the side led. It should do what yours does but recently it stopped doing so. It just goes into they rgy flash sequence forever (well, not forever but I have let it sit there for an hour and no change).
2019-5-25
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

georgios87 Posted at 5-25 12:45
Yes its the side led. It should do what yours does but recently it stopped doing so. It just goes into they rgy flash sequence forever (well, not forever but I have let it sit there for an hour and no change).

That certainly isn't 'normal', if it's nothing to do with the sd card then as you suspect it may be an indication of a fault on the gimbal/aircraft. And tried with different formatted SD card in and out of the machine ?
2019-5-25
Use props
georgios87
lvl.3
Greece

Aardvark Posted at 5-25 13:57
That certainly isn't 'normal', if it's nothing to do with the sd card then as you suspect it may be an indication of a fault on the gimbal/aircraft. And tried with different formatted SD card in and out of the machine ?

Yes I tried with different SD cards. I believe that it doesnt have to do with sd card, it is an error about another hardware piece on the aircraft but I cant understand what. Gimbal operates just fine, and even in the moments when I am lucky to connect, I have gimbal control, then all of a sudden I get "aircraft disconnected" error on the app status and after that I can hardly connect at all until the aircraft cools down and then again its only possible for a few moments. I am suspecting it is some type of video downlink/rc control downlink module overheating issue. Very weird problem indeed, i am uploading a video and will link to it when its done so you can see whats happening
2019-5-25
Use props
georgios87
lvl.3
Greece

georgios87 Posted at 5-25 14:27
Yes I tried with different SD cards. I believe that it doesnt have to do with sd card, it is an error about another hardware piece on the aircraft but I cant understand what. Gimbal operates just fine, and even in the moments when I am lucky to connect, I have gimbal control, then all of a sudden I get "aircraft disconnected" error on the app status and after that I can hardly connect at all until the aircraft cools down and then again its only possible for a few moments. I am suspecting it is some type of video downlink/rc control downlink module overheating issue. Very weird problem indeed, i am uploading a video and will link to it when its done so you can see whats happening

Here's the video
as you can see at the end of the video, pressing the bind button does nothing.
The worrying fact is that I am not able to connect the p4 to my pc anymore so I can do a fw refresh which would probably help. It seems like its in some sort of "safe mode" or something
2019-5-25
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

georgios87 Posted at 5-25 14:31
Here's the video https://youtu.be/BiZXzCQOJqw
The worrying fact is that I am not able to connect the p4 to my pc anymore so I can do a fw refresh which would probably help. It seems like its in some sort of "safe mode" or something

"Gimbal operates just fine, and even in the moments when I am lucky to connect,"

Do you get connection if aircraft has been off for a while, I wonder if it is overheating. I'm thinking the cooling fan is faulty ?
2019-5-25
Use props
georgios87
lvl.3
Greece

Aardvark Posted at 5-25 14:51
"Gimbal operates just fine, and even in the moments when I am lucky to connect,"

Do you get connection if aircraft has been off for a while, I wonder if it is overheating. I'm thinking the cooling fan is faulty ?
Indeed I do but the fan operates as it normally would. I think I will have to send it in for repair. I will let you know of the outcome. Thank you very much for your help and interest, good day sir
2019-5-25
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

georgios87 Posted at 5-25 14:54
Indeed I do but the fan operates as it normally would. I think I will have to send it in for repair. I will let you know of the outcome. Thank you very much for your help and interest, good day sir

It will be interesting to see what they find, it doesn't sound too serious, perhaps a heat sink loose somewhere.
2019-5-26
Use props
Parth647
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3615 ft

India

georgios87 Posted at 5-25 14:31
Here's the video https://youtu.be/BiZXzCQOJqw

Please link the rc
2019-8-13
Use props
Parth647
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3615 ft

India

My phantom 4 update new firmware then after updating camera view not seen my android mobile. Camera status /link button blinking red and green alternatively. I try other SD card but not solve the problem. I use Dji assistant 2 for downgrade firmware but no show any downgrade firmware. I use upgrade many time but firmware upgrading is fail. What can I do it in this problem
IMG_20190813_180624.jpg
2019-8-13
Use props
user7689f0d4dd
New

United States

I have the same issues.  Need help.
2020-3-8
Use props
fansb1db34c6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 60299 ft
United States

georgios87 Posted at 2019-5-25 14:54

Hi!  I'm having the exact same blinking light issue with my phantom 4.  It started when I tried to install the latest firmware.  

I was wondering if you were able to find a solution, if you had to send it in, and where does it stand with your drone now?  

Thanks
2020-4-27
Use props
fans1e514cc8
lvl.3
Greece

fansb1db34c6 Posted at 4-27 13:18
Hi!  I'm having the exact same blinking light issue with my phantom 4.  It started when I tried to install the latest firmware.  

I was wondering if you were able to find a solution, if you had to send it in, and where does it stand with your drone now?  

Hello my friend. Yes, I figured it out. It is a problem with the MC (main controller) or the firmware being corrupt in the MC. You can try reflashing the latest firmware, if it doesn't work then it means that you need to replace your main controller board. Should not be very expensive if you diy
2020-5-4
Use props
tellurian
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29938 ft
United Kingdom

Parth647 Posted at 2019-8-13 04:36
My phantom 4 update new firmware then after updating camera view not seen my android mobile. Camera status /link button blinking red and green alternatively. I try other SD card but not solve the problem. I use Dji assistant 2 for downgrade firmware but no show any downgrade firmware. I use upgrade many time but firmware upgrading is fail. What can I do it in this problem[Image]

Same here. Any update?
2020-5-13
Use props
djiuser_BHrgGvwxmuXa
New

United States

Same issue any fix?
2020-12-12
Use props
djiuser_01cijymrjmab
New

United States

fans1e514cc8 Posted at 2020-5-4 16:26
Hello my friend. Yes, I figured it out. It is a problem with the MC (main controller) or the firmware being corrupt in the MC. You can try reflashing the latest firmware, if it doesn't work then it means that you need to replace your main controller board. Should not be very expensive if you diy

How do you reflash the mc?
2021-11-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules