539 16 2019-5-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

As most of you know i recently lost my Zoom and i have managed to buy another, it just so happens that the maiden flight of this new Zoom had to be at one of my staff members funeral - His name was Vinod - 43 years old - suffered a stroke and ended up on life support and lost the battle a week later. Vinod May you Rest in Peace.

2019-5-25
Use props
DJI-Osmo-User-1
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Hmm, maybe just me but this seems the most insensitive and unwelcome way you could possible use a drone. Really bad taste and flying directly above mourning people.
2019-5-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there Captain. Thank you for sharing this video to us and we're sorry for the loss of your dearest friend. Thank you for your continued support and have a good one.
2019-5-25
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

DJI-Osmo-User-1 Posted at 5-25 07:52
Hmm, maybe just me but this seems the most insensitive and unwelcome way you could possible use a drone. Really bad taste and flying directly above mourning people.

That would be your opinion and should be kept to yourself, He was a close friend, a good working colleague and loved the company and brand he worked for and wanted his send off to be like this - so I gave him his last wish. keep your thumbs down to yourself please
2019-5-25
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-25 08:12
Hi, there Captain. Thank you for sharing this video to us and we're sorry for the loss of your dearest friend. Thank you for your continued support and have a good one.

Thank you Gamora, he was truly dear to us all and to go at such a young age - well he wanted a grand send off and said we must film his send off and show it to the world which is what I am doing.
2019-5-25
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thank you for sharing.  Sorry about your friend.
2019-5-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Suren Posted at 5-25 11:04
Thank you Gamora, he was truly dear to us all and to go at such a young age - well he wanted a grand send off and said we must film his send off and show it to the world which is what I am doing.

You're very much welcome Suren.
2019-5-25
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bless him - my condolences to you as a good friend of his - you did him proud mate and what a turn out for his send off. BTW - not sure how this could offend anyone - you only recorded the procession entering - not the actual burial - some people eh!
2019-5-25
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Good to have you back in the air and sorry to hear about your friend!
2019-5-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Suren Posted at 5-25 11:04

If it was his wish, you did him some service, sorry for the loss of your colleague and friend . Good job .
2019-5-25
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

A J Posted at 5-25 11:25
Bless him - my condolences to you as a good friend of his - you did him proud mate and what a turn out for his send off. BTW - not sure how this could offend anyone - you only recorded the procession entering - not the actual burial - some people eh!

Thanks Andy, Yes he had a Hugh turn out he was well known in the industry working for us for just about 20 years, I knew him for 15 years so he was very close. Yeah some people just come onto this forum to ditch others and it seems that they get pleasure out of it.
2019-5-25
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

Montfrooij Posted at 5-25 11:33
Good to have you back in the air and sorry to hear about your friend!

Thanks Monty - Yes good to be back flying but if only the first flight could have been something joyous
2019-5-25
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

hallmark007 Posted at 5-25 11:36
If it was his wish, you did him some service, sorry for the loss of your colleague and friend . Good job .

Thank You means a lot
2019-5-25
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 5-25 11:42
Thanks Andy, Yes he had a Hugh turn out he was well known in the industry working for us for just about 20 years, I knew him for 15 years so he was very close. Yeah some people just come onto this forum to ditch others and it seems that they get pleasure out of it.

You did him proud mate
2019-5-25
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

A J Posted at 5-25 11:49
You did him proud mate

2019-5-25
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

First of all sorry for the loss of your coworker and friend Vinod.
The question is if you do what he wanted or what some other members here think.
If I had to decide I would honor the last wish of my friend as you did.
2019-5-25
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Suren Posted at 5-25 11:43
Thanks Monty - Yes good to be back flying but if only the first flight could have been something joyous

Yeah, I understand!
2019-5-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules