Spark High Repair Costs and Explanation?
776 7 2019-5-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanse55aae43
Flight distance : 51565 ft
United States

Im wondering how many people seem to have this issue. I sent my Spark off to have it officially repaired by the DJI team and recieved a non descript estimate for the cost of a new aircraft without controller ($280). Single line item. I requested info on the analysis and how they arrived their and have yet to receive an answer.  Truth is I dont even think they looked at it based off the estimate cause I know exactly what is wrong with it..
My aircraft wasnt crashed, never touched water, and in fact only had 2 bad motors and a bad esc. The motor armature was very, very slightly bent for one and slightly bent for the other. The esc was bad assuming due to the pressure. No structure, gimbal, electronics or other issues.   This was do to an unfortunate event while it was sitting protected in its Spark Portable charger.

I took dozens of pics before I sent it off. No damage to the aircraft aside from the motors and single esc. The parts according to DJIs site are less than $30 total and labor was supposedly $65/hr.

Is it normal for DJI just to suggest replacing the entire aircraft for small repairs? This seems like gouging or lack of effort to troubleshoot, especially if there is no explanation or analysis given for the repair costs. Am I missing something?

2019-5-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we are sorry for the high repair price, I managed to get your case number via your Forum account and your concern has been escalated to the appropriate department to double evaluate, we will have someone to contact you soon with the further explanation, please wait patiently, thank you.
2019-5-25
Use props
fanse55aae43
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-25 19:05
Hi there, we are sorry for the high repair price, I managed to get your case number via your Forum account and your concern has been escalated to the appropriate department to double evaluate, we will have someone to contact you soon with the further explanation, please wait patiently, thank you.

Ok. Thank you for the quick response here.
2019-5-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fanse55aae43 Posted at 5-27 21:22
Ok. Thank you for the quick response here.

No problem, hope we can figure it out soon.
2019-5-27
Use props
fanse55aae43
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-27 21:28
No problem, hope we can figure it out soon.

Any update on this?   I have not received any diagnosis or explanation on desire to replace the whole thing for what was two motors and and esc..  I received a call this weekend stating they would call me back the next day but no details and no call back.   
2019-6-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fanse55aae43 Posted at 6-4 09:21
Any update on this?   I have not received any diagnosis or explanation on desire to replace the whole thing for what was two motors and and esc..  I received a call this weekend stating they would call me back the next day but no details and no call back.

I see our manager has tried to call you but failed and the voicemail message was left. I will inform the team to contact you again or send you email, thanks for your patience.
2019-6-4
Use props
fanse55aae43
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-4 18:53
I see our manager has tried to call you but failed and the voicemail message was left. I will inform the team to contact you again or send you email, thanks for your patience.

Any word on this?  
2019-6-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Sorry for the late response because of the holiday, I see the higher team has contacted you and explained what happened, the drone will be shipped back as you requested. The team has called you but cannot reach because we need to verify your address, please contact our support or reply the email to confirm the address, thank you.
2019-6-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules