1162 26 2019-5-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Greg - TheHuski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 944308 ft
Greece

Hey everyone,

Back again with a new video (Part 2) of my dad's village in central Greece.   I hope you enjoy the flight.  
Please fasten seat belts and HOLD ON TIGHT!!!   Thanks for Watching..

2019-5-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Greg - TheHuski. Thank you for sharing this wonderful video you have captured in Greece. Wonderful work and thank you for your support.
2019-5-26
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

Beautiful.

Does this Greek village have people?
2019-5-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice work!
2019-5-26
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nicely done.
2019-5-27
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
Second Officer

Hungary

Nice shot, but the video is uncertain during the horizontal turn (1:50). I would have cut this part out of the material.
Spark does not have mechanical stabilization in YAW direction, so the video is not even when the drone turns.
Very nice videos can be made in straight line motion: advancing back and forth, ascending and descending. with lateral movements and combinations thereof. Rotation is unnecessary.
2019-5-27
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Excellent work
2019-5-28
Use props
Greg - TheHuski
Second Officer
Greece

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-26 09:11
Hello and good day Greg - TheHuski. Thank you for sharing this wonderful video you have captured in Greece. Wonderful work and thank you for your support.

Thank you for watching
2019-6-4
Use props
Greg - TheHuski
Second Officer
Greece

Tentoes Posted at 5-26 11:23
Beautiful.

Does this Greek village have people?

Yes...  don't forget Greeks sleep midday so most likely they were all in bed..
2019-6-4
Use props
Greg - TheHuski
Second Officer
Greece

Thank you
2019-6-4
Use props
Greg - TheHuski
Second Officer
Greece

Thanks Woe
2019-6-4
Use props
Greg - TheHuski
Second Officer
Greece

Jakab Gipsz Posted at 5-27 21:30
Nice shot, but the video is uncertain during the horizontal turn (1:50). I would have cut this part out of the material.
Spark does not have mechanical stabilization in YAW direction, so the video is not even when the drone turns.
Very nice videos can be made in straight line motion: advancing back and forth, ascending and descending. with lateral movements and combinations thereof. Rotation is unnecessary.

Yes one of the issues with the Spark..  Not having a 3rd axis..  Hopefully Spark II will address this issue.
2019-6-4
Use props
Greg - TheHuski
Second Officer
Greece

Thank you
2019-6-4
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You're welcome
2019-6-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

You're welcome!
2019-6-4
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

You're welcome.
2019-6-4
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
Second Officer

Hungary

Greg - TheHuski Posted at 6-4 02:04
Yes one of the issues with the Spark..  Not having a 3rd axis..  Hopefully Spark II will address this issue.

I think it's not good to shoot video at the turn. The Mavic air has a 3-axle gimbal, but it does not make an appreciable recording during the turn.
The problem is about human vision (image processing). The quick side camera does not process the rapidly changing image content while in motion. Therefore, these movements are not beautiful. The film world does not use only slow svenk.
All drones are taken ugly if they turn quickly. These should be cut out of the video.
2019-6-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

You are very much welcome Greg - TheHuski. Have a safe and happy flying always.
2019-6-4
Use props
Greg - TheHuski
Second Officer
Greece

Jakab Gipsz Posted at 6-4 12:04
I think it's not good to shoot video at the turn. The Mavic air has a 3-axle gimbal, but it does not make an appreciable recording during the turn.
The problem is about human vision (image processing). The quick side camera does not process the rapidly changing image content while in motion. Therefore, these movements are not beautiful. The film world does not use only slow svenk.
All drones are taken ugly if they turn quickly. These should be cut out of the video.

Unfortunately, the sad part of making a video going up down side to side without making any turns at all gets very tedious and boring.   I agree not having a 3rd axis limits the Spark.   At the end of the day people that own the Spark including myself are not professionals.    We just have to make the best with what we have..
2019-6-6
Use props
ShermanFlyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 596896 ft
United States

Great footage, thanks for sharing
2019-6-6
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
Second Officer

Hungary

Greg - TheHuski Posted at 6-6 07:01
Unfortunately, the sad part of making a video going up down side to side without making any turns at all gets very tedious and boring.   I agree not having a 3rd axis limits the Spark.   At the end of the day people that own the Spark including myself are not professionals.    We just have to make the best with what we have..

So you don't want to develop then? Then you want to hear this, too:
Great video! Congratulations!
(recently, instead of constructive criticism, they are all written without serious thought ...)
2019-6-6
Use props
Greg - TheHuski
Second Officer
Greece

ShermanFlyer Posted at 6-6 07:37
Great footage, thanks for sharing

Thank you for watching
2019-6-13
Use props
Greg - TheHuski
Second Officer
Greece

Jakab Gipsz Posted at 6-6 11:54
So you don't want to develop then? Then you want to hear this, too:
Great video! Congratulations!
(recently, instead of constructive criticism, they are all written without serious thought ...)

No all feedback is welcome..     I just wish the next Spark has 3 Axis..  
2019-6-13
Use props
ShermanFlyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 596896 ft
United States

You're welcome
2019-6-13
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
Second Officer

Hungary

Greg - TheHuski Posted at 6-13 12:59
No all feedback is welcome..     I just wish the next Spark has 3 Axis..

Axis 3 is not required. The DJI assistant (in the developer mode) can reduce YAW speeds and adjust the joystick sensitivity. Then, in a tripod mode, you can make a nice video by turning very slowly.

2019-6-15
Use props
Greg - TheHuski
Second Officer
Greece

Jakab Gipsz Posted at 6-15 11:16
Axis 3 is not required. The DJI assistant (in the developer mode) can reduce YAW speeds and adjust the joystick sensitivity. Then, in a tripod mode, you can make a nice video by turning very slowly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DV9q63VPEQAhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kfuJxF3PUM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOUjg2CrBEc

Interesting info... Never used tripod mode.. Just too slow for my liking..  Good info tho..  Still go with the 3rd Axis if it was available for faster smoother turns.. Just my preference.
2019-6-24
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
Second Officer

Hungary

Greg - TheHuski Posted at 6-24 07:38
Interesting info... Never used tripod mode.. Just too slow for my liking..  Good info tho..  Still go with the 3rd Axis if it was available for faster smoother turns.. Just my preference.

The tripod mode is not required if the joystick sensitivity is adjusted correctly. Reducing your sensitivity makes it easier to handle low speeds nicely. Then the little Spark is able to move and turn finer. The quick turn is dizzying in the video, but now I am able to make pleasant slow turns from the video.
If rain did not go on, I'd make a demo video.
2019-6-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules