Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo pocket zoom
10516 19 2019-5-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
faj221
Second Officer
Flight distance : 608566 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Is it possible to have digital zoom feature in mimo app?
Osmo got a 4k sensor. Why not enable digital zoom at 1080p using mimo app. It's an amazing device, Lacks the basic tools that would elevate it's creative potential.

Any alternative app that enable this feature?
2019-5-26
Use props
fansfe82067d
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

This has been suggested before.  You get a kind of zoom when using slow motion.  But if you record in 4K you can effectively zoom and pan in post production, with the advantage of having the choice then how to do it for best effect (assuming you are going to end up with FHD rather than 4K).
2019-5-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day faj221. Thank you for reaching out and thank you for the information you have shared with us. I will forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news in our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for your product. Thank you for your support.
2019-5-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

You can do this in post right?
2019-5-26
Use props
tester21
lvl.3
Poland

Better would be: active tracking on 4k image with 720p cropping.

Unfortunately I can't post it as a new thread, because using this forum is a nightmare.
2019-5-28
Use props
fansfe82067d
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

To post a new topic, go to the top level ("Products") and click "New Topic".  Fill in the drop down boxes for product type and sub-type.  Off you go.
2019-5-28
Use props
fansea502b2f
New

United States

Did this ever get resolved? I just upgraded firmware on the pocket but was hoping to at least be able to digital zoom in mimo while using 1080p. Is it possible?
2019-12-7
Use props
Idan Shahar
lvl.4

Israel

fansea502b2f Posted at 12-7 11:22
Did this ever get resolved? I just upgraded firmware on the pocket but was hoping to at least be able to digital zoom in mimo while using 1080p. Is it possible?

I don't think so.
2019-12-7
Use props
andrei193
First Officer
Flight distance : 240856 ft
Romania

Digital zoom is a thing I requested early on and is something that will greatly enhance the usability of the osmo pocket. I am currently doing it in post but doing it in post is very time consuming and restrictive especially if your moving the camera a lot. Basically you have to keep the subject in the center all the time.
A setting that effectively lets you zoom in 2x (if I am not mistaken) when filming in 1080p without quality loss would be a huge benefit in those situations where you just can't get closer like in concerts or shows where is a crowd.
Please DJI give us this feature 2x digital zoom feature when filming in 1080p and consider adding optical zoom also on the next version of the osmo pocket even if it makes the camera a little bigger.
2019-12-8
Use props
Idan Shahar
lvl.4

Israel

andrei193 Posted at 12-8 00:47
Digital zoom is a thing I requested early on and is something that will greatly enhance the usability of the osmo pocket. I am currently doing it in post but doing it in post is very time consuming and restrictive especially if your moving the camera a lot. Basically you have to keep the subject in the center all the time.
A setting that effectively lets you zoom in 2x (if I am not mistaken) when filming in 1080p without quality loss would be a huge benefit in those situations where you just can't get closer like in concerts or shows where is a crowd.
Please DJI give us this feature 2x digital zoom feature when filming in 1080p and consider adding optical zoom also on the next version of the osmo pocket even if it makes the camera a little bigger.

2x and 4x would have no quality loss if filming in 4k and exporting to 1080p.
8x with no loss if exporting to 720p.

DJI please give us the option!
2019-12-8
Use props
TiltedTripod
lvl.1
Uganda

Please add zoom capability to the Osmo Pocket... its TIME!
2020-2-2
Use props
Al Slatyer
lvl.1

Australia

Yes please...zoom!
2020-2-4
Use props
andrei193
First Officer
Romania

I hope this feature comes in a future update.
2020-2-10
Use props
Al Slatyer
lvl.1

Australia

Yes please, we want ZOOM!
2020-2-12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Captain
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI, adding zoom would be a great enhancement to the OP.  Please consider adding zoom.  
2020-2-13
Use props
fansfe82067d
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

Yes, in theory zooming when using 4K can give acceptable results in 1080p but when you look at the examples from the Fimi Palm, which does have built-in zoom, then the quality does seem to suffer after about x 2.  There are so many reasons not to do digital zooming in-camera rather than in post production that really it isn't a good idea, unless you don't do post production I guess.
2020-2-14
Use props
andrei193
First Officer
Romania

fansfe82067d Posted at 2-14 03:10
Yes, in theory zooming when using 4K can give acceptable results in 1080p but when you look at the examples from the Fimi Palm, which does have built-in zoom, then the quality does seem to suffer after about x 2.  There are so many reasons not to do digital zooming in-camera rather than in post production that really it isn't a good idea, unless you don't do post production I guess.

Can't really compare the two products. It really depends on how it is implemented. Someone above calculated that it can go up to 4x without quality loss if the output is 1080p. It would not make any difference in quality if zooming in post or in-camera.
2020-2-14
Use props
Al Slatyer
lvl.1

Australia

Come on DJI, please provide zoom in next software update...
2020-2-28
Use props
Mike Freeland
lvl.1

United States

Something I could use just as much as a zoom feature is the ability to turn the Pocket on or off remotely.  I shoot choral concerts at a music school, where Masters students in conducting need a view of the conductor during performances.  I set up behind the risers, turn the Pocket on, then tend to other cameras and set up the wi-fi to control the Pocket from the house.  Depending on all kinds of thing, the Osmo will get tired of waiting and shut off, meaning I have to run up on stage, pull it down from its heights, turn it on and run it up to its 10-foot position again.  It's on an extension rod, tripod and tripod extension.  Lotsa moving parts. I shoot at 4K30 at least and DO zoom in post.  If there's loss, my old eyes don't see it, and in many cases,  my post zooms are often more than 4x and the final render no worse than 1080p, matching my house cameras.

But the ability to turn it on and off AND zoom would be a fantastic bonus for what I use it for.
2020-4-1
Use props
Juliane Marcia
lvl.1

Brazil

I hope and await this zoom feature in Dji Osmo Pocket, which is so important and missing ...
2020-5-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules