9764 9 2019-5-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Joe.Mavic.D.HH
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8230085 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Does anybody have an idea what the Osmo Action bluetooth connectivity is good for?
The OA is recognized by the mobile but you can't connect it.
The OA menu doesn't allow any bluetooth settings, it's not even mentioned.

2019-5-26
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

It initially pairs but who knows why or what it's doing after that.  I believe after that it uses its own inherent wifi for communication with a device.

Let's see if a MOD can explain its purpose.
2019-5-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Joe.Mavic.D.HH. Thank you for reaching out and  for the inquiry. We will check this inquiry with our designated department on what are the additional use of the DJI Osmo Action bluetooth connectivity. We will keep you posted as soon as we receive the feedback. Thank you for your support.
2019-5-26
Use props
djiuser_J9NPhYmHDR8m
New
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-26 11:29
Hello and good day Joe.Mavic.D.HH. Thank you for reaching out and  for the inquiry. We will check this inquiry with our designated department on what are the additional use of the DJI Osmo Action bluetooth connectivity. We will keep you posted as soon as we receive the feedback. Thank you for your support.

Same here, and still waiting for you DJI response..
2019-7-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_J9NPhYmHDR8m Posted at 7-25 20:16
Same here, and still waiting for you DJI response..

Hi, thank you for your query for us. This concern is already raised in our designated department. We will surely provide you feedback once we already hear from them. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2019-7-27
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I suspect it's just to ensure the set up of a secure link before initiating the wifi connection between camera and display device running DJI Mimo. That may be set up as a VPN link (Camera talking to DJI Mimio). This might ensure that nobody else could connect to the camera wifi and pinch your data.
2019-7-28
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

DJI Gamora Posted at 2019-7-27 11:38
Hi, thank you for your query for us. This concern is already raised in our designated department. We will surely provide you feedback once we already hear from them. Thank you for your kind and understanding.

Hello! Could you share any new information on the subject?
2020-2-15
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

DJI Stephen Posted at 2019-5-26 11:29

Hello! Was there any reply from the engineering department that you sent the question?
2020-2-15
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Philippines

An official answer would be much better of course, but here is what I have observed so far: Unlike osmo Pocket, Osmo Action does not keep the Wifi hotspot on all the time. And there is no manual way to trigger it in the menu. Mimo app uses the bluetooth to connect to the action and turn the wifi on when needed. I don't know if it adds extra security as well.
2020-2-15
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Go to WiFi connection your Osmo Action and switch from auto to 2.4GHz or 5.8GHz and it will connect.

Prior to doing the above all I got was unable to connect. Now I can connect every time.
2020-2-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules