Please help with log file........
765 9 2019-5-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Charissa
First Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

So yesterday I took my MP2 up in my backyard to photograph them cutting down a huge tree that is busy pushing over our fence, and cracking my swimming pool, and the following happen.

All checks done, lifted the bird up for around 6 meters, RTH set, all seems well. Did not notice any warnings on the app.
Just hovering and doing some video of the guy high up in the branches, (about 6 meters up, overhead) when it suddenly started moving at a clip to the back.
Corrected the hovering position. The drone did so again, not super fast, but fairly fast flying back with no input from the sticks.
I brought it down and it would not land.
I had to force it down, where it bounced off the grass, and went up a few meters. No warning sounds from any of the sensors.
Seemed as if it did not notice the ground.............
Had to shut down manually while it was bouncing up from the grass, while I was pushing down on the sticks.

After all this, I noticed that there were NO record of the video, flight or any data of me flying the drone. (that I can find anyway.) Only a corrupted file on the sd card, with no data......

Now I have a better respect for the "lost" drones out there.
Ideas. Anyone else have the same experience? Latest firmware?

2019-5-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

There should be a file of log on device and also in AC, the file in the craft should be ok. If you want to see if file is ok on device try uploading to link below .

http://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/4DRP16ZBZOLF0VK1LL8T
2019-5-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Charissa. I am sorry for the trouble this has causes you and thank you for reaching out. Have you tried flying your drone to a different location to check in if the issue will still persist. In addition we suggest to choose an outdoor open area where the GPS is good, no magnetic interference, to fly the drone and check if all the functions are normal. If the issue still persist I would recommend you contact our support team to start up a ticket for the said drone at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav . We have the professional team who would do their best to fix and find out the reason of the incident and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. Please note that DJI will not perform data analysis for cases occurring after the expiry of the warranty period; otherwise, valid charges will apply. Thank for your support.
2019-5-26
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
South Africa

hallmark007 Posted at 5-26 09:47
There should be a file of log on device and also in AC, the file in the craft should be ok. If you want to see if file is ok on device try uploading to link below .

http://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/4DRP16ZBZOLF0VK1LL8T

Found the file and uploaded. Not sure what is going on there. Only warnings I got was "braking now, return sticks to midpoint" (while hovering, not sure what that could be.)
How could I get the flight logs to posted for people to see and help me out with reading it?(and on the flight just before that, a orange battery voltage of 3.456, 3.458 etc on different cells in the drone.
2019-5-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Charissa Posted at 5-26 11:43
Found the file and uploaded. Not sure what is going on there. Only warnings I got was "braking now, return sticks to midpoint" (while hovering, not sure what that could be.)
How could I get the flight logs to posted for people to see and help me out with reading it?(and on the flight just before that, a orange battery voltage of 3.456, 3.458 etc on different cells in the drone.

If you just follow link above you should be able to upload then just back here and post link.
2019-5-26
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
South Africa

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/LVJDHORZG6D3GECP130H/
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/F60OC08AAIUEBPT1WFHS/
Notice the second (last log with the problem), no VPS recorded...................?
2019-5-26
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
South Africa

hallmark007 Posted at 5-26 12:05
If you just follow link above you should be able to upload then just back here and post link.

Done, thanks. Noticed with the last log, no VPS........?
2019-5-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Charissa Posted at 5-26 12:11
Done, thanks. Noticed with the last log, no VPS........?

It seems in your second log that VPS was working correctly at first, turned off at 30ft which is correct , again when you lowered craft at first for short period at 3.5 metres it was working, but then stopped working, your log shows you bringing craft to the ground at it almost hopping up and down, before eventually hitting the ground.

Looking at where you were flying and from what you say regarding tree, was surface underneath craft of sufficient texture was it in good light which it needs to be for VPs to work correctly.
If this was the case then it’s likely that the movement in the craft could have been caused by VPs not working correctly, and would also cover what happened when trying to land craft.

If you think this wasn’t the case then you may have a problem with VPS , if I suggest calibration and test at low altitude.

The rest of your log looks as it should with no other problems. Although log you looked at showed no VPS at all, your CSV log showed initially its was working fine .
2019-5-26
Use props
Charissa
First Officer

hallmark007 Posted at 5-26 15:20
It seems in your second log that VPS was working correctly at first, turned off at 30ft which is correct , again when you lowered craft at first for short period at 3.5 metres it was working, but then stopped working, your log shows you bringing craft to the ground at it almost hopping up and down, before eventually hitting the ground.

Looking at where you were flying and from what you say regarding tree, was surface underneath craft of sufficient texture was it in good light which it needs to be for VPs to work correctly.

Thank you. Perfect day and landed on short grass, like i did a thousand times before. The hopping is exactly what happened, had to force it down and switch the rotors off.
So notice that the last log does not mention a landing at all, forced or not?
Will only be able to re calibrate vps later this week, so will test it then. Thumbs crossed that it is something easily solvable from my side.....
2019-5-28
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Charissa Posted at 5-28 05:36
Thank you. Perfect day and landed on short grass, like i did a thousand times before. The hopping is exactly what happened, had to force it down and switch the rotors off.
So notice that the last log does not mention a landing at all, forced or not?
Will only be able to re calibrate vps later this week, so will test it then. Thumbs crossed that it is something easily solvable from my side.....

Might check bottom VPS sensors for smudges or dirt.
2019-5-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules