Ronin-S / Trigger doesn't lock the axis
4042 9 2019-5-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
davajdavaj
lvl.1
Latvia

Hi, just got my hands on Ronin-s. Balanced Blackmagic Pocket 4k with Smallrig half-cage, Samsung T5, Ronin-s Fallow focus and Smallrig counterweights. The trigger responds to "press" commands but doesn't lock the axis. Tried to update the latests firmware, tried to downgrade, install the latests again, tried to rebalance the camera just with the half cage but the issue always the same.

any ideas?
2019-5-26
Use props
Emmeixon
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Same here! I tried it at home and the lock mode was working just fine. I took it outside two hours later and it wasn't working any more... it seems this forum is full of people with this issue but I haven't seen a single successful response. Let's see if anyone knows what's going on!
2019-5-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Emmeixon Posted at 5-26 13:30
Same here! I tried it at home and the lock mode was working just fine. I took it outside two hours later and it wasn't working any more... it seems this forum is full of people with this issue but I haven't seen a single successful response. Let's see if anyone knows what's going on!

Hi Emmeixon, the Ronin-S will not enter lock mode when you enable 3D Roll 360, please double check if it has been turned on. Will you be able to recenter the gimbal by double pressing the Trigger or enter selfie mode by pressing the Trigger button three times?
2019-5-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi davajdavaj, may I verify if you are able to recenter the gimbal by double pressing the Trigger or enter selfie mode by pressing the Trigger button three times? If yes, any chance to share us a short sample video of how you enter the Lock Mode?
2019-5-27
Use props
davajdavaj
lvl.1
Latvia

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-27 01:45
Hi davajdavaj, may I verify if you are able to recenter the gimbal by double pressing the Trigger or enter selfie mode by pressing the Trigger button three times? If yes, any chance to share us a short sample video of how you enter the Lock Mode?

Trigger is responding to double pressing and selfie mode command. I will share a short sample later today.
2019-5-27
Use props
davajdavaj
lvl.1
Latvia

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-27 01:45

link > https://we.tl/t-9xDeM66QLK  to a video, at 11 second I pressed trigger.

2019-5-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

davajdavaj Posted at 5-27 14:49
link > https://we.tl/t-9xDeM66QLK  to a video, at 11 second I pressed trigger.

Thank you for the video, upon checking the video, the Lock Mode is working great, the direction of the lens wasn't changed when you moved the grip, please let us know if you have further concern.
2019-5-29
Use props
davajdavaj
lvl.1
Latvia

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-29 02:49
Thank you for the video, upon checking the video, the Lock Mode is working great, the direction of the lens wasn't changed when you moved the grip, please let us know if you have further concern.

soooo, just to clarify, if you watch again closely at 24sec the gimbal is pointing in one direction and camera in other, and this is the way it should work?
2019-5-29
Use props
davajdavaj
lvl.1
Latvia

davajdavaj Posted at 5-29 05:13
soooo, just to clarify, if you watch again closely at 24sec the gimbal is pointing in one direction and camera in other, and this is the way it should work?

really? that's the end of conversation?
2019-5-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

davajdavaj Posted at 5-30 22:30
really? that's the end of conversation?

In Lock mode, the camera will not move with the grip. You may make the comparison without enabling the Lock Mode.
2019-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules