First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Roy Rogers Posted at 5-27 07:13
I wasn't made whole but Behr did try very hard to make it right
[view_image]
[view_image]

Not quite sure why you're letting Behr 'off the hook.'  "Trying" to do right sound more like a marketing/customer service  run-around, leaving the problem still in your hands.  Must be one of those "limited warranty" matters that we all ignore until something doesn't look/go right.
2019-5-31
Use props
Roy Rogers
First Officer
Flight distance : 1186296 ft
United States

WebParrot Posted at 5-31 10:25
Not quite sure why you're letting Behr 'off the hook.'  "Trying" to do right sound more like a marketing/customer service  run-around, leaving the problem still in your hands.  Must be one of those "limited warranty" matters that we all ignore until something doesn't look/go right.

You may be right WebParrot  . I was just ready to put it behind me and move on
2019-6-1
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Roy Rogers Posted at 6-1 04:57
You may be right WebParrot  . I was just ready to put it behind me and move on

Hope you didn't take my comment as too critical.  I (personally) establish a reasonable corrective action (when I experience a service failure) I then clearly let the vendor know that the expectations THEY created with their product failed.  In my mind I'l have already decided whether the outcome is negotiable or not.  If they don't meet my expectations I just keep reminding them that it's up to them to resolve.

I recently purchased an new, expensive 'ukulele.  The store did not offer a protective case, even though the builder DID offer one (you can't buy directly from the luthier) as a package deal from other stores.  When I ordered I explained that it would be good business if they met competitors "package" deals.  The 'uke arrive with a rather sad case that showed signs of use and some missing tie straps.  I followed up with the seller and they said to contact the Luthier direct.  I contacted the luthier, and the company that makes the case for him, expressing my disappointment.  Both offered upgraded cases, free shipping, and an apology for not having a quality experience...My point is, I decided ahead of time that decent protective case ( for an expensive musical instrument ) is an expected part of the purchase.  Anything else was unacceptable.
2019-6-1
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Roy Rogers Posted at 6-1 04:57
You may be right WebParrot  . I was just ready to put it behind me and move on

Hope you didn't take my comment as too critical.  I (personally) establish a reasonable corrective action (when I experience a service failure) I then clearly let the vendor know that the expectations THEY created with their product failed.  In my mind I'l have already decided whether the outcome is negotiable or not.  If they don't meet my expectations I just keep reminding them that it's up to them to resolve.

I recently purchased an new, expensive 'ukulele.  The store did not offer a protective case, even though the builder DID offer one (you can't buy directly from the luthier) as a package deal from other stores.  When I ordered I explained that it would be good business if they met competitors "package" deals.  The 'uke arrive with a rather sad case that showed signs of use and some missing tie straps.  I followed up with the seller and they said to contact the Luthier direct.  I contacted the luthier, and the company that makes the case for him, expressing my disappointment.  Both offered upgraded cases, free shipping, and an apology for not having a quality experience...My point is, I decided ahead of time that decent protective case ( for an expensive musical instrument ) is an expected part of the purchase.  Anything else was unacceptable.
2019-6-1
Use props
Roy Rogers
First Officer
United States

WebParrot Posted at 6-1 18:51

I recently purchased an new, expensive 'ukulele.  The store did not offer a protective case, even though the builder DID offer one (you can't buy directly from the luthier) as a package deal from other stores.  When I ordered I explained that it would be good business if they met competitors "package" deals.  The 'uke arrive with a rather sad case that showed signs of use and some missing tie straps.  I followed up with the seller and they said to contact the Luthier direct.  I contacted the luthier, and the company that makes the case for him, expressing my disappointment.  Both offered upgraded cases, free shipping, and an apology for not having a quality experience...My point is, I decided ahead of time that decent protective case ( for an expensive musical instrument ) is an expected part of the purchase.  Anything else was unacceptable.

Each one of my 5 children , 6 and under have ukuleles . nothing very expensive 3 Echoes  and 2 Mahaila. they all came with gig bags. Every expensive instrument I've ever bought did come with a Hard Case .
I had issues with the painter too , Fired him on the 2nd day but he gave me a sad story about his daughter and like a sucker I hired him back, he did a poor job and 2 gallons of 85$ Sherwin Williams vanished.
At the same time I was putting up a decretive fence myself and was short on panels plus the manufacture shipped me the wrong 440lb 16ft long gate .  While raisin 2 - 6 year old girls 1-3 year old boy and 2-2 year old twins .

I was ready to put the paint behind me.

Thanks for watching and giving your thoughtful commits
2019-6-2
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nicely done
2019-6-2
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Roy Rogers Posted at 6-2 04:30
Each one of my 5 children , 6 and under have ukuleles . nothing very expensive 3 Echoes  and 2 Mahaila. they all came with gig bags. Every expensive instrument I've ever bought did come with a Hard Case .
I had issues with the painter too , Fired him on the 2nd day but he gave me a sad story about his daughter and like a sucker I hired him back, he did a poor job and 2 gallons of 85$ Sherwin Williams vanished.
At the same time I was putting up a decretive fence myself and was short on panels plus the manufacture shipped me the wrong 440lb 16ft long gate .  While raisin 2 - 6 year old girls 1-3 year old boy and 2-2 year old twins .

My friend... you're going to need a bigger house ;-) ..

BTW, check out another forum,  ukuleleundergroundforum.com for some relaxation!  I just spent three days chatting with two guys, one Aussie, one Brit, about how to measure intonation problems on a new Romero Creations STC !  Talk about an education .... that I wasn't looking for.  

Yep... sounds like paint was the lesser of your issues.  Hope the summer does a turn around for all you.
2019-6-2
Use props
Roy Rogers
First Officer
United States

WebParrot Posted at 6-2 14:58
My friend... you're going to need a bigger house ;-) ..

BTW, check out another forum,  ukuleleundergroundforum.com for some relaxation!  I just spent three days chatting with two guys, one Aussie, one Brit, about how to measure intonation problems on a new Romero Creations STC !  Talk about an education .... that I wasn't looking for.  

Yea 2 years ago we moved out of our 3br house and bought this place . 3story with a full basement , 5br house . it still feels cramped at times with the 7 of us , and sooooo many stairs lol

I got a lot of experience working on guitars  . Never worked  on a Ukulele other then tuning the kids back up. What is the best way to go about setting the intonation , adjust bridge height and leigh ?

Just for fun you might get a kick out of me playing my daughters pink Ukulele

2019-6-2
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Roy Rogers Posted at 6-2 15:20
Yea 2 years ago we moved out of our 3br house and bought this place . 3story with a full basement , 5br house . it still feels cramped at times with the 7 of us , and sooooo many stairs lol

I got a lot of experience working on guitars  . Never worked  on a Ukulele other then tuning the kids back up. What is the best way to go about setting the intonation , adjust bridge height and leigh ?

Very 'sweet.' ;-)

(I’m presuming that an Off-Topic reply is permitted because it was initiated by the original poster!)

What I’ve ‘learned’ about intonation is about 2% of the technical aspects of the real components.  Within the UkuleleUnderground Forum and other online resources ( StewMac.com, for example )will get to specific questions.  A quick search on WikiPedia is an invaluable starting point, if, for nothing else getting an idea of how complex the topic is!  First… there is no such thing a “perfect” intonation.  Even a properly placed fret, nut, bridge and saddle (compensated or not) can produce an out of tune note by poorly placed fingering.  So getting “close” is the objective.

Quickly though,  stringed and fretted instruments with short fret boards are the most difficult to refine proper intonation.  With a short fret board the frets are closer together as you progress up the scale(s) and any misplacements or alignments by thousandths of an inch will take a note sharp or flat.  If the bridge is placed incorrectly for the intended scale length, nothing can be done at the nut, saddle, or frets to ‘correct’ the intonation.  Once you’ve determined scale length you can verify that all of the frets have been correctly spaced/placed.  Notes that are flat from the first fret and increasingly flat to the fifth fret are “generally” a result of the nut being improperly cut.  What I found interesting is that changing strings can effect this.  Different brands have different thicknesses, and if a nut has been custom cut, installing a thinner or thicker fret can cause notes to be flat.  If notes on the first frets aren’t too bad, but get gradually flatter further up the neck, there are a half dozen reasons why.  A qualified luthier would be the quickest and cheapest way to find out what to do.

My experience -so far- is that beginner ‘ukes lack the build quality to get even close!  If the ‘uke can’t hold a tuning, for the first dozen strums, there’s nothing to be done to help it.  If it can hold a tune, change from the “stock” strings to some quality strings that are sized to the ‘uke.  (Soprano to soprano, Concert to concert, etc.)  Beginner ‘ukes come with crap strings and that’s the first place to improve; and for $5-$6 the best bang for the buck.  ‘Uke strings are made from nylon or some sort of fluorocarbon, and will stretch a lot in the beginning and less over time.  Sometimes it will take 2-4 weeks of daily re-tuning to get the strings ‘settled in.’  As with your guitar, tune every time you play, …. sometimes during play!

Well, that’s too much on ‘ukes for a DJI forum.  Head on over to the ukulele forum and browse the topics.  There are some really smart and experiences players there.  Aloha.
2019-6-3
Use props
apo{{1+1}}
New

Poland

Test post.

2019-6-3
Use props
testotesto
New

Poland

test test test test test