Osmo Pocket nightlapse feature request.
523 7 2019-5-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Matt m2p osmo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 263875 ft
Australia

Is it possible to have longer exposures than the 8 seconds currently for the pocket?...I think the new Osmo action has. Also being able to turn off the lcd screen to help with battery life would be another plus... I would buy another if these experimental features where introduced as I mainly use mine for astrophotography.
2019-5-27
Use props
Matt m2p osmo
lvl.2
Australia

Here’s a meteor from last nights test
CC9F4730-A8A0-42C8-819B-CF22BFB11DC6.jpeg
2019-5-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we do appreciate sharing your feature request with us. No worries, we will forward this to our designated department for attention. Thank you for your support.
2019-5-27
Use props
CasualDronePilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 146135 ft
Sweden

Matt m2p osmo Posted at 5-27 02:35

Nice catch! Never thought about trying to photograph meteors with the OP (I use my DSLR for that), but I just might give it a go. Out of curiosity, how did you manage to set focus? Did you use the OP on its own or with a phone?
2019-5-27
Use props
nilsonleow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 136680 ft
Ukraine

Matt m2p osmo Posted at 5-27 02:35

BTW... very cool photo!
2019-5-27
Use props
Matt m2p osmo
lvl.2
Australia

Thx for your interest...yes it seems pretty capable for meteor and satellite hunting...I used the wireless module and set via I pad touchscreen on a bright star...holds focus perfectly...I do a 3hr tracked time lapse to hopefully catch a big one...I also use a clear night filter as I’m near a city...it picks up the Large Magellanic Cloud easy with 8sec exposure, would be awsome if an update could allow longer or maybe 4K
2019-5-27
Use props
CasualDronePilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 146135 ft
Sweden

Matt m2p osmo Posted at 5-27 17:17
Thx for your interest...yes it seems pretty capable for meteor and satellite hunting...I used the wireless module and set via I pad touchscreen on a bright star...holds focus perfectly...I do a 3hr tracked time lapse to hopefully catch a big one...I also use a clear night filter as I’m near a city...it picks up the Large Magellanic Cloud easy with 8sec exposure, would be awsome if an update could allow longer or maybe 4K

Thanks for the reply! I so need to give it a go. Might be able to catch an ISS flyby as well...
2019-5-28
Use props
Matt m2p osmo
lvl.2
Australia

I’m going for the space x satellites...got a pass on 3rd of June before they break up
2019-5-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules