Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Missing Osmo Action features
402 0 2019-5-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
roastman
lvl.1
Australia

While many will use the Osmo Action for video, it is being touted as the ultimate selfie camera. While the front facing screen is a great idea, the woeful functionality of the unit will certainly not encourage me to recommend it.

As a kayak fisher, I use a camera situated on a pole facing back towards me, so that I can take photos holding the catch. It would be great to have better controls over the shooting mode, as I set a custom made (for example) using AEB to ensure I get correct exposure and can also do some simple HDR's. However, when you use the voice activation, it automatically forgets your custom functions and throws the camera back into basic photo mode. Frustratingly, the only means of using this is to reach over and press the button. Ideally, I would like to set a custom function with AEB, a timed shutter release and then a user defined number of frames. Sadly, if you use the timer function you cannot also use bracketing mode. Crazy.

Hopefully DJI get this product up to scratch soom, as I (and many others) will have a significant dose of buyers remorse.
2019-5-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules