Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Can't connect Samsung Galaxy S8+ to DJI Action via WIFI
2981 6 2019-5-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wisniak
lvl.4
Flight distance : 270528 ft
Israel

Hi,

Received my Action yesterday, sepct over 1 hour trying to connect to my phone and iPad.
Tried rebooting all devices, Flight Mode ON/OFF, cellular data ON/OFF..... Uninstalled/reinstalled MIMO app pn the phone... Nothing.
I was able to activate the device from the phone and did find the camera under WIFI (don't think that there's an option to turn WIFI ON/OFF in the camera?)
At one point I succeeded in connecting to my phone, then received the update firmware msg. Downloaded it to the phone, but when I tried updating the camera, I kept eceiveing msgs about the need to activate the cellular data option under WIFI, but then it kept returning me to the connect to WIFI screen. SO basically I couldn't connect betweem them with WIFI.
I finally succeeded in connecting via my iPad and updated the F/W from there.
It was a nightmare, I can't recall such complexity with any other action cam (GOPRO/TomTom Bandit).
I will try again to connect in a location w/o any other WIFI source. Might be that my Access Point, which was about 1ft away, ot the maun router, which was ~15ft away, interfered.

Am I doing something wrong, or is there a problem with the camera or MIMO app?

Thanks
2019-5-28
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

hi
it is this issue:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D557%26typeid%3D557

Samsung Galaxy S8+ may have a different name for "disconnect no internet wifi",plz turn off that
2019-5-28
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

hi
it is this issue:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D557%26typeid%3D557

Samsung Galaxy S8+ may have a different name for "disconnect no internet wifi",plz turn off that
2019-5-28
Use props
wisniak
lvl.4
Israel

Hi,

I saw that post.
However, unless I misunderstand it, it means that when I'm at home I won't be able to roam between my networks (2.4/5GHZ) or the various  access points (each has its own SSID).
2019-5-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day wisniak. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out. Upon checking the said mobile device ( Samsung Galaxy S8+ ) on the recommended mobile device list. I am sorry to say that the mobile device is still not recommended for your DJI Osmo Action as of the moment. Actually, there is a  possibility that the  Samsung Galaxy S8+ will be able to work with the said DJI device however, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI Osmo Action and with the DJI Mimo application we cannot guaranteed the stability of the Samsung Galaxy S8+ when in use with the said device and with the said application and if this will work all the time while using the specific device.  We highly suggest you use the compatible device that was listed on the recommended mobile device list below to avoid any inconvenience and any problem. Thank you.

2019-5-28
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

I will note that to limit how much data I share with DJI, I installed the Osmo app on my Samsung Tab A (limited email, contacts and calendar).  I had no trouble activating or updating the Osmo Action using the Samsung.  

Good luck.
2019-5-28
Use props
wisniak
lvl.4
Israel

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-28 08:33
Hello and good day wisniak. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out. Upon checking the said mobile device ( Samsung Galaxy S8+ ) on the recommended mobile device list. I am sorry to say that the mobile device is still not recommended for your DJI Osmo Action as of the moment. Actually, there is a  possibility that the  Samsung Galaxy S8+ will be able to work with the said DJI device however, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI Osmo Action and with the DJI Mimo application we cannot guaranteed the stability of the Samsung Galaxy S8+ when in use with the said device and with the said application and if this will work all the time while using the specific device.  We highly suggest you use the compatible device that was listed on the recommended mobile device list below to avoid any inconvenience and any problem. Thank you.

[view_image]

Do you mean that I need to replace my expensive phone because DJI's app is inadequate?
Hmmm...
2019-5-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules