Osmo Action 'Lag' and 'Condensation' non-issues
7064 10 2019-5-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sergeant
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Some reviewers are claiming some minor issues of screen lag and condensation as 'fail' or a reason to return the camera, but lets take a serious look at whether these issues to assess whether or not they're relevant, or even valid.

2019-5-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day sergeant. Thank you for sharing this informative video with us today. If you have any issues with your DJI Osmo Action. Please feel free to post it here at DJI forum. We are all here to help and support you. Thank you for your valued support.
2019-5-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Not really bothered about those two minor problems, loving mine and although I really like dji products simply because they are very innovative.
But looking at you tube reviews, I can’t help thinking that the reviewer is either getting paid by GoPro or being issued free products, but it’s becoming very obvious, it’s time you tube banned those not revealing they are paid or getting free product, before they start any reviews.
2019-5-28
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

Before I watched the video I thought about my two protracted walks/hikes with the Action and the only time I turned the screen back on was when I was trying to make sure that the waterfall and/or summit peaks were in view.  Otherwise, the screen timeout controlled and there was no lag since there was no picture.

But I guess if you were hand holding and tracking another skier or mt biker, you might want to visually track.
2019-5-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for sharing
2019-5-28
Use props
Ades spark
lvl.1
Flight distance : 171 ft
United Kingdom

My Osmo is being returned....never have i used such utter garbage in my life.....ive owned it for 1 day....i am no novice and own several of their drones.

ive spent more time trying ro sort its irritating glitches out than actually enjoying it.....frustrating issues that may be sorted with updates.....but why should i have to wait for updates! Well im not prepaired to wait, so its going back.
2019-8-30
Use props
anthonyb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 486381 ft
New Zealand

Ades spark Posted at 8-30 15:11
My Osmo is being returned....never have i used such utter garbage in my life.....ive owned it for 1 day....i am no novice and own several of their drones.

ive spent more time trying ro sort its irritating glitches out than actually enjoying it.....frustrating issues that may be sorted with updates.....but why should i have to wait for updates! Well im not prepaired to wait, so its going back.

Funny cos I just had the same experience with the GoPro Hero 7 Black.  Now using the OSMO Action it's a vastly superior product in many ways.

What were the biggest glitches you had if you don't mind me asking?
2019-8-30
Use props
Ades spark
lvl.1
Flight distance : 171 ft
United Kingdom

anthonyb Posted at 8-30 17:03
Funny cos I just had the same experience with the GoPro Hero 7 Black.  Now using the OSMO Action it's a vastly superior product in many ways.

What were the biggest glitches you had if you don't mind me asking?

un responsive voice contro....unable to turn rear screen on after turning it off....setting up time lapse and using voice to start recording for it to actually start recording in normal video mode...superdooper lag....which no one seems that bothered about....an action camera with lag ffs lol.....rock steady or not....lag is lag
2019-8-31
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

For me the Lag hasn't been an issue at all, never noticed it to be fair... what is an issue is the lens fogging (not the screen) with an UW case and 3(!) anti-fog inserts. Still curious to see what is DJI going to do for heat dissipation when launching their own case...
2019-9-2
Use props
anthonyb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 486381 ft
New Zealand

Ades spark Posted at 8-31 15:43
un responsive voice contro....unable to turn rear screen on after turning it off....setting up time lapse and using voice to start recording for it to actually start recording in normal video mode...superdooper lag....which no one seems that bothered about....an action camera with lag ffs lol.....rock steady or not....lag is lag

All of this can be fixed by software updates.  I'm hopeful.
2019-9-2
Use props
sergeant
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

anthonyb Posted at 9-2 00:03
All of this can be fixed by software updates.  I'm hopeful.

Yes, and indeed they were fixed!
2019-11-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules