Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 4 Pro / Adv have ADS-B ?? for AirSense
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TheKFlight
lvl.3
Flight distance : 344085 ft
United Kingdom

Hello DJI i own a Phantom 4 Pro Plus now i have seen the video here

Now does the P4P+ support this and if not will i have to buy a brand new drone ???

Or can't i just send this to DJI Free of charge ?

Or do i need to pay for this i don't mind paying as this is a really epic feature on the drones.

Thank You !

2019-5-28
Use props
msinger
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is not a feature of the P4P+. And it's not something you can add to your existing consumer drones. You'll need to buy a drone that has the necessary hardware -- like the Mavic 2 Enterprise or other new drones DJI releases after January 2020.
2019-5-28
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yep, this will be fitted as standard to all drones manufactured by DJI that weigh >250g w/e 01/01/2020 - however, it is presently not a legal requirement in the UK to have this tech fitted to a drone to fly in UK airspace and there has been no consultation by the CAA to include even considering it to date. So at this stage our current drones (except the M2E/D and Matrice 200 series which already have it) will still be OK to fly next year without AirSense. How long that will be the case is yet to be seen but I doubt the government will ground all drones made prior to 2020 anytime soon.
2019-5-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day TheKFlight. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry with regards to the ADS-B technology. DJI AirSense sets a new drone industry standard for safety and reliability by giving pilots another tool to understand the skies around them, make good decisions, and fly safely. This feature will become standard on all DJI drones above 250 grams. In addition please visit and pay attention ​to out official website at www.dji.com for the latest detail and updates on this matter.​
2019-5-28
Use props
TheKFlight
lvl.3
Flight distance : 344085 ft
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 5-28 07:58
Yep, this will be fitted as standard to all drones manufactured by DJI that weigh >250g w/e 01/01/2020 - however, it is presently not a legal requirement in the UK to have this tech fitted to a drone to fly in UK airspace and there has been no consultation by the CAA to include even considering it to date. So at this stage our current drones (except the M2E/D and Matrice 200 series which already have it) will still be OK to fly next year without AirSense. How long that will be the case is yet to be seen but I doubt the government will ground all drones made prior to 2020 anytime soon.

So will i have to send the Drone in ? As i paid 2500 For my drone and its perfect so they want me to waste another 2500 For a feature lmfao xD
2019-6-1
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

TheKFlight Posted at 6-1 05:49
So will i have to send the Drone in ? As i paid 2500 For my drone and its perfect so they want me to waste another 2500 For a feature lmfao xD

It's not really difficult.
The product is not available and when it is, you'll be able to buy one if you want it.
It's extremely unlikely that there will be something you can fit you your existing drone.
Forget about it for now and enjoy flying your drone.
2019-6-1
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TheKFlight Posted at 6-1 05:49

Not for a long, long time - I hope
2019-6-1
Use props
MavicFit91
Second Officer
Flight distance : 573225 ft
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 6-1 06:08
It's not really difficult.
The product is not available and when it is, you'll be able to buy one if you want it.
It's extremely unlikely that there will be something you can fit you your existing drone.

Why doesn’t anyone anywhere actually answer this question? They just say enjoy your drone while you can. How can you enjoy a 2000 dollar drone you haven’t had more than a year, when you know you might not even be able to fly it after 2020? That stupid to say. Please answer the question? Will ads-b be required for hobbies/non-hobbies in order to launch there drones and legally fly? I cannot see a company like dji not creating a solution for the current mavic 2 pro/zoom and phantom 4 2.0  to be able to adapt to this . Please forgive me, but people need to quit telling us to enjoy our drones while we can. That is stupid
2019-8-18
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

MavicFit91 Posted at 8-18 07:17
Why doesn’t anyone anywhere actually answer this question? They just say enjoy your drone while you can. How can you enjoy a 2000 dollar drone you haven’t had more than a year, when you know you might not even be able to fly it after 2020? That stupid to say. Please answer the question? Will ads-b be required for hobbies/non-hobbies in order to launch there drones and legally fly? I cannot see a company like dji not creating a solution for the current mavic 2 pro/zoom and phantom 4 2.0  to be able to adapt to this . Please forgive me, but people need to quit telling us to enjoy our drones while we can. That is stupid

What's stupid is being so sure that you are going to have a problem under regulations that have not been written and maybe never will be (in the form that you imagine).
2019-8-18
Use props
MavicFit91
Second Officer
Flight distance : 573225 ft
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 8-18 14:49
What's stupid is being so sure that you are going to have a problem under regulations that have not been written and maybe never will be (in the form that you imagine).

I am not sure of anything. That is why we want the question answered
2019-8-21
Use props
Archangel3356
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4655896 ft
United States

Well I’ll try to clarify if I can. ADSB will be mandatory in all aircraft 2020, not drones. The FAA hasn’t even considered this ADSB receiver for drones as of now. DJI is adding a very nice option on their new drones but it is not and probably will be along long time if ever a requirement.  I highly doubt Existing DJI aircraft will have an add in ADSB receiver, it must be incorporated in the aircraft. So, fly and enjoy.
2019-8-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules