Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Battery latches
974 18 2019-5-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tentoes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

BatteryLatch.jpg

I have an extra battery, not yet a spark to go with it.

Is this the good, "bigger" latch or the bad, self ejecting "little" latch?
2019-5-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. Thank you for reaching out. As long as you purchased the said battery from our official DJI Online Store, rest assured that the battery was tested and will work properly on the said drone. Should you have any other concerns please don't hesitate to reach us. Happy flying. Cheers!
2019-5-28
Use props
msinger
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

2019-5-28
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That looks like the smaller one to me
2019-5-29
Use props
Tentoes
Second Officer
United States

Ah. Yes. It's the smaller one.

I'll get a clip.
2019-5-29
Use props
Mhinc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 151467 ft
Canada

The 2 Batteries my Fly more came with have the smaller latches.  The 3 batteries I purchased post Fly More have the larger.  I really think DJI should have done a recall, and allowed people to send in the old style for the new style to avoid issues.  I mean I get a clip helps, but there is no reason I should have to buy a clip or use one for a defective problem that DJI is obviously aware of.
2019-5-29
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tentoes Posted at 5-29 04:34
Ah. Yes. It's the smaller one.

I'll get a clip.

Better to be safe than sorry
2019-5-29
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

The smaller one could fall out..  Just eat the cost or risk it falling out of the sky.  With how I fly, it's imperative everything works as planned.
2019-5-29
Use props
Mhinc
lvl.4
Canada

AntDX316 Posted at 5-29 12:28
The smaller one could fall out..  Just eat the cost or risk it falling out of the sky.  With how I fly, it's imperative everything works as planned.

Thanks Tips!  Considering that was the basis of the entire thread which you apparently didn't read yet again!
Clear clear
2019-5-31
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mhinc Posted at 5-31 06:24
Thanks Tips!  Considering that was the basis of the entire thread which you apparently didn't read yet again!
Clear clear

When I first got the Spark, I was reading heavily into threads like this.  I didn't get the fly more combo because I just wanted something cheap.  I then had to get 2 more batteries but it came w/ a portable charging station so I got it for ease of use.  I lucked out.  My Spark was made 11/18.  The other drone at Best Buy was 08/18.
2019-5-31
Use props
Tentoes
Second Officer
United States

I have 3 new batteries. The two that came with the flymore pack have the bigger latches. The third has the smaller. I got a battery clip to be sure.
2019-5-31
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
lvl.4

Hungary

Unfortunately, the bigger latch is not sure!
I have 2 small and one big lock. I flew with a large latch battery when dropped from a 90m core. The vibration (I got up in sport mode and started to descend) loosened the battery. There was no damage, because it fell on the grass and the propeller protectors protected (they were broken).
I advise you buy and always use the latch bracket on the battery!
2019-5-31
Use props
Mhinc
lvl.4
Canada

I have actually never had an issue small or large latch.  I always make sure when attaching the battery that it's secured.  To date never had a battery detach.
2019-5-31
Use props
Tentoes
Second Officer
United States

Mhinc Posted at 5-31 19:41
I have actually never had an issue small or large latch.  I always make sure when attaching the battery that it's secured.  To date never had a battery detach.

Same here. I use the "DJI Technique" to make sure it's latched in.
2019-6-1
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mhinc Posted at 5-31 19:41

Because you don't fly fast enough for it to come out.
2019-6-1
Use props
Mhinc
lvl.4
Canada

AntDX316 Posted at 6-1 23:25
Because you don't fly fast enough for it to come out.

Seriously, just stop replying to my posts with your useless nonsense.  You have no idea what I have or have not done.  I have MANY times flown my Spark at full speed in Sport Mode.  I have simply made sure that anytime I attach the battery, it's secure.  Simple as that.  In all my flights, I have never had an issue nor used a battery strap.

2019-6-1
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mhinc Posted at 6-1 23:33
Seriously, just stop replying to my posts with your useless nonsense.  You have no idea what I have or have not done.  I have MANY times flown my Spark at full speed in Sport Mode.  I have simply made sure that anytime I attach the battery, it's secure.  Simple as that.  In all my flights, I have never had an issue nor used a battery strap.

Hopefully, it never detaches but add a battery clip.
2019-6-1
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Jakab Gipsz Posted at 5-31 14:24
Unfortunately, the bigger latch is not sure!
I have 2 small and one big lock. I flew with a large latch battery when dropped from a 90m core. The vibration (I got up in sport mode and started to descend) loosened the battery. There was no damage, because it fell on the grass and the propeller protectors protected (they were broken).
I advise you buy and always use the latch bracket on the battery!

I dont think that vibrations can loosen a batt. Unless it is not totally or rightful  attached, of course.
My theory is size-expansion b/c of high currents in sport or heavy wind conditions, perhaps.
At least, since I had some "pregnant" batteries and trouble to slide them in or out easily, I am pretty sure that is more a battery housing size problem. Which the longer latches can cover up just one more millimeter
2019-6-2
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
lvl.4

Hungary

S-e-ven Posted at 6-2 17:20
I dont think that vibrations can loosen a batt. Unless it is not totally or rightful  attached, of course.
My theory is size-expansion b/c of high currents in sport or heavy wind conditions, perhaps.
At least, since I had some "pregnant" batteries and trouble to slide them in or out easily, I am pretty sure that is more a battery housing size problem. Which the longer latches can cover up just one more millimeter

You may be right, but don't underestimate the power of vibration. These vibrations are always present, which is why it is mounted on the gimbal rubber buckets. The vibration can move up and down from a 0,001 millimeters to a 0,011 millimeters, slowly moving, scratching the fixing claws.
The problem is not the length of the claws, but the fact that the fixing surface of the claws is not tilted but straight and does not close tightly.
2019-6-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules