Recording in 4k and downsize to Full HD is better than 1080p FULL?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
allyssongemelli
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2562467 ft
Brazil

People, I have a doubt. I asked for some guys that work with video and drone for hobby too. Some of them record 4k and after downsize to 1080p, they say that is better than recording in 1080p.

Who can answer and help with this information? I normally record in full HD, to send to Instagram or youtube its great. But I'm wondering to change to 4k and do that to test the images and results.
2019-5-30
Use props
fansb1fe1104
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3372566 ft
United States

In my opinion the only advantage to recording in 4k would be that afterward you can zoom in i believe 4x (might be 2x) without losing any video quality.
2019-5-30
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

fansb1fe1104 Posted at 5-30 19:01
In my opinion the only advantage to recording in 4k would be that afterward you can zoom in i believe 4x (might be 2x) without losing any video quality.

The advantage of recording in 4K is that you can view it on a 4K capable screen. But not that many people have the ability to view 4K properly, usually they look at it on a smaller screen. Also, if your final target market is YouTube, then by uploading it in 4K, you give the viewer the choice of viewing it in whatever format they like.
2019-5-30
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

It is not always true. The DJI camera system has a maximum bitrate of 100Mb/s on the P4Pro, but if the scene has lots of fine detail, the encoder cannot cope, such as wispy tree branches in Winter, so it introduces artifacts. If you then transcode down to 1080p, those artefacts are still present. But if you record in 1080p to start with, at 48, 50 or 60 fps in H264, the maximum bitrate is 80 Mb/s, so it is better able to cope with the difficult scene.
2019-5-30
Use props
fansb1fe1104
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3372566 ft
United States

Geebax Posted at 5-30 19:37
The advantage of recording in 4K is that you can view it on a 4K capable screen. But not that many people have the ability to view 4K properly, usually they look at it on a smaller screen. Also, if your final target market is YouTube, then by uploading it in 4K, you give the viewer the choice of viewing it in whatever format they like.

He was talking about downsizing the video from 4K to 1080. What I find odd is I don't have a 4k tv so I normally record in 1080p. My buddy has a 4k tv, so I tried recording in 4k and then same shots with 1080p with my Phantom 4 standard and I couldn't tell the difference between the 4k and the 1080p. Perhaps downsizing the 4k to 1080, would make the video quality better, in my opinion probably not since I already can't tell the difference between the 2.
2019-5-31
Use props
allyssongemelli
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2562467 ft
Brazil

Yes, that's my doubt. But of course if we have the intention to upload for Youtube, it's a good idea record in 4K, and give the possibility the viewer to choose. But I want to make this test, the difference between two format screen.
2019-6-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules