1410 17 2019-5-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
UAVTom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1236778 ft
  • >>>
United States

It appears DJI has dropped or is dropping any future development of the Phantom 4 Pro class of drones.  Question. Are there plans to at least provide additional firmware updates for this product.  
2019-5-30
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Updates end, when development has been interrupted...

RedHotPoker
2019-5-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there Tom. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI Phantom 4 Pro has already reached their end of life. However, the user may still expect after-sales services as well as future firmware updates. If the firmware updates stop, it will be indicated on our website. Thank you for your kind and understanding and Thank you for your continued support.
2019-5-31
Use props
1Eagle
lvl.4
Flight distance : 290348 ft
United States

"The DJI Phantom 4 Pro has already reached their end of life."

You don't say???   

"If the firmware updates stop, it will be indicated on our website."

You mean like the way you indicated the P4P "end of life" on your website?   

What you really mean is, we will let you know the firmware updates stop when it has leaked out so bad that everyone knows so we might as well tell you.

HaHaHa   

Not the best marketing strategy I have ever seen.

2019-5-31
Use props
DeepFriedOprah
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1709094 ft
United States

1Eagle Posted at 5-31 13:00
"The DJI Phantom 4 Pro has already reached their end of life."

So true!!!
2019-5-31
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Naza M-lite is EOL with the last supported update being 1.0.  Someone made it where you can update to 4.22 but if you update to 4.23+ it will not work and you have to revert back to 1.0 then back to 4.2.  I just went DJI Naza-M V2 but then a few days later got the P4P V2.0!
2019-5-31
Use props
UAVTom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1236778 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-31 12:00
Hi, there Tom. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI Phantom 4 Pro has already reached their end of life. However, the user may still expect after-sales services as well as future firmware updates. If the firmware updates stop, it will be indicated on our website. Thank you for your kind and understanding and Thank you for your continued support.

Thank you!
2019-6-1
Use props
SafetyGuy71
lvl.2
United States

After a year's absence from this site, I am learning about the P4P end life. I have not kept up with all current information on DJI drones and appreciate any assistance.

My question: what DJI drone would you recommend to replace the magnificent performance and service the P4P gave me?
2019-6-4
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

You're very much welcome! Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have any concerns. Have a good one!
2019-6-4
Use props
Mark Weiss
Second Officer
United States

I have a hunch that with the coming anti-drone regulation, the rules will be too onerous on hobby flyers and everyone will just drop the hobby. DJI probably knows this and has stopped development on drones as a result. Just my hunch. I hope I'm wrong!
2019-6-6
Use props
Edward Smith's Replacement
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1837444 ft
United States

Mark Weiss Posted at 6-6 17:30
I have a hunch that with the coming anti-drone regulation, the rules will be too onerous on hobby flyers and everyone will just drop the hobby. DJI probably knows this and has stopped development on drones as a result. Just my hunch. I hope I'm wrong!

I hope you are wrong too!
2019-6-8
Use props
Mark Weiss
Second Officer
United States

Me too, because I'm invested $3000 into this hobby as of last June.
2019-6-15
Use props
Chase101
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1606276 ft
United States

I hope so But it has been nearly a year since the last update. Loved the product but after owning it  just 16 months they abandon it without a word? I don't think we can trust them to buy their products anymore.
2019-6-16
Use props
Chase101
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1606276 ft
United States

SafetyGuy71 Posted at 6-4 07:27
After a year's absence from this site, I am learning about the P4P end life. I have not kept up with all current information on DJI drones and appreciate any assistance.

My question: what DJI drone would you recommend to replace the magnificent performance and service the P4P gave me?

Personally I will not buy another product from them. Look how long the V 2.0 was out before they ended it without explanation. Not even a year old and you can't even buy replacement parts or batteries and no other support whatsoever the warranty is now worthless as well is the best guess.  No, no way... never again. Someone will step forward and take this market share. I will support them when their product is up to speed.
2019-6-16
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yep and resale is dead as well. No one wants it.
2019-6-19
Use props
fansf54569f3
lvl.1
United States

After a year of not flying, now I cant get anything to work. I finally after hours of resetting factory functions and etc got it to fly, but only 150ft before it tells me I've gone too far.

Yes I've done everything.
Restarted, reupdated on every battery, relogged in, manually updated.
Any ideas or am I just at a loss?
2019-6-29
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

fansf54569f3 Posted at 6-29 21:04
After a year of not flying, now I cant get anything to work. I finally after hours of resetting factory functions and etc got it to fly, but only 150ft before it tells me I've gone too far.

Yes I've done everything.

Perhaps a silly question, but the GO 4 app hasn't reset back to Beginner mode, has it?
2019-7-21
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

SafetyGuy71 Posted at 6-4 07:27
After a year's absence from this site, I am learning about the P4P end life. I have not kept up with all current information on DJI drones and appreciate any assistance.

Welcome back. The P4P is still a great drone and parts are still available for it (should they ever be required). It may have gone EOL, but that doesn't stop it working. I also have a Mavic Air, and I take that with me if I go hiking, but if I want a superior camera and stability I'll load up my P4P.

That said, DJI appear to be focusing more now on their commercial drones, and in the consumer space they appear to be favoring the Mavics. I suspect for us, portability has become more desirable and it's always sales that speak.
2019-7-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules