Recommended maintenance period?
698 7 2019-5-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nubbix
lvl.2
Flight distance : 165062 ft
Norway

Dear all, I do apology if this is asked and answered. I did try to search the forum but didn't find any information about Mavic 2 Pro

So I had my drone for a few months and love how it flies, no issues at all.  But this has got me thinking about maintenance and services.
How many flight hours is due for a scheduled maintenence and what does this incorporate?
Do DJI change motors, when should you change propellers etc.

I welcome every experienced answer to this question
Many thanks in advanced.

Cheers
Tom Knudsen

2019-5-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

There is no set rules for maintenance, regards props dji have a figure of hours but it doesn’t make a lot of sense.
You are basically in control of looking after what’s on the outside of your drone, so checking motors should be done regularly to make sure they run freely and are all running the same, props should probably inspected before and after every flight for defects abrasions etc. body of aircraft for cracks swelling etc should be something you do on a regular basis.
I tend to rub down all my craft about every month 6 weeks, this is also a good chance to check all parts of the body.
Batteries should always be checked on a regular basis for performance also check for blemishes and swelling.

So really no set time for maintenance, if you do it on a regular basis your craft should be fine.

I don’t know of any figures of air mileage to change props.
I don’t know of any figures of air mileage to change motors

These two items seem to be the only parts where wear and tear could be a factor .
2019-5-30
Use props
nubbix
lvl.2
Norway

hallmark007 Posted at 5-30 15:47
There is no set rules for maintenance, regards props dji have a figure of hours but it doesn’t make a lot of sense.
You are basically in control of looking after what’s on the outside of your drone, so checking motors should be done regularly to make sure they run freely and are all running the same, props should probably inspected before and after every flight for defects abrasions etc. body of aircraft for cracks swelling etc should be something you do on a regular basis.
I tend to rub down all my craft about every month 6 weeks, this is also a good chance to check all parts of the body.

Only thing I could find in the manual is from the Disclaimer and Safety Guidelines

1.     Check  every  part  of  the  aircraft  after  any  crash  or  violent  impact.  If  you  have  any  problems  or  questions, please contact a DJI authorized dealer.

2.     Regularly check the Battery Level Indicators to see the current battery level and overall battery life. The battery is rated for 200 cycles. It is not recommended to continue use afterward. Refer to the Intelligent Flight Battery Safety Guidelines for more information about the safe use and maintenance of the battery
2019-5-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Tom Knudsen. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. I would recommended to keep close attention to the notifications from the DJI Go 4 Applications for alerts. Normally, if there is any issue of the drone, there will an error message that will occurs on the DJI Go 4 application for you to be notified. In addition I will be posting a link where in you can check some Drone Maintenance Checklist tips. I hope this information can help you. Thank you.

https://store.dji.com/guides/properly-maintain-drone/?from=forum
2019-6-1
Use props
nubbix
lvl.2
Norway

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-1 10:29
Hello and good day Tom Knudsen. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. I would recommended to keep close attention to the notifications from the DJI Go 4 Applications for alerts. Normally, if there is any issue of the drone, there will an error message that will occurs on the DJI Go 4 application for you to be notified. In addition I will be posting a link where in you can check some Drone Maintenance Checklist tips. I hope this information can help you. Thank you.

https://store.dji.com/guides/properly-maintain-drone/?from=forum

Thank you very much Stephen

2019-6-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

nubbix Posted at 6-21 11:28
Thank you very much Stephen

You are very much welcome Tom Knudsen. If you have any other inquiries or concern with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help and support you.
2019-6-21
Use props
Dean01
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

Hi Tom - my mavic pro original is a few years old with close on 4000km. At each 100km interval i have wondered what to do for maintenance but except for wiping it down and changing the props when they eventually became damaged (from crashes - not from normal wear and tear) and checking that my batteries good condition i was never able to think what else to do. Few months ago i phoned a dji repair agent and asked about maintenance, he asked what was wrong, i said nothing, he said :then there is nothing to do: So i guess it is a case of "if it is not brocken then there is nothing to fix or maintain."
2019-6-21
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nothing that I’m aware of, new props every 200 hours and maybe a little squirt of canned air no and then but that’s about it??
2019-6-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules