1734 3 2019-5-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mavic2zoom-ch
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5547667 ft
United Kingdom

Hi
I have a Mavic 2 Zoom and use it with a new iPad Mini. This has worked perfectly for months.

Today out flying the 'radar' attitude indicator in the corner was locked to one orientation. Usually turning towards the aircraft rotates the map (useful if you temporarily lose sight and want to know what direction you're supposed to be looking). But today is was locked in place with 'North' to the right.

I rebooted the aircraft, controller and iPad with no luck. I tried locking/unlocking the map compass and it didn't change the behaviour of the radar indicator.

Other than not rotating when I turned, it worked perfectly. I could see the arrow pointing towards or away from me - and I could see it move closer or further away from the middle of the screen as it got further away.

How can I fix this? It's pretty crucial information for safe flying.

Thanks,

IMG_0001.PNG

2019-5-31
Use props
DINGO DOWN UNDA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3058816 ft
Australia

I get this problem every now and again with my Ipad mini 4 and normal Ipad and its usually because Ive had them in my car. My fix is to do the figure 8 away from anything to calibrate the compass in the Ipad. Also just check in the Ipad settings in..Privacy....Location Services....System Services and check to make sure Compass Calibration is checked... Hope this helps you !!
2019-5-31
Use props
Mavic Mike
lvl.3
Flight distance : 309006 ft
United States

DINGO DOWN UNDA,

I'm glad I bumped into this post.  I had the same problem as the OP.  I did the figure 8 thing to calibrate the compass on my IPAD Mini 4 and WAM...it's fixed!

Thank you.  Your response and the OP posting this concern was very useful.
2019-5-31
Use props
mavic2zoom-ch
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5547667 ft
United Kingdom

Thanks. I tried with my phone and it worked just fine, so I installed a compass app to the iPad and madly waved it in figure 8's
Uninstalled and reinstalled DJI Go and it started working ... not sure which one of those things was the fix, but thanks for the help and advice :-)
2019-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules