Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How to enable Tripod Mode?
8793 25 2019-5-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TimothyD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5236 ft
  • >>>
United States

How do I get the Spark out of NORMAL flight mode to TRIPOD mode?  The NORMAL mode is enabled when connect to the Spark but I am unable to select any other mode.  When I select on any other mode it stays on NORMAL.
2019-5-31
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ensure you have switched to multiple flight modes - everything you need to know is written in the manual for you
2019-5-31
Use props
TimothyD
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 5-31 11:05
Ensure you have switched to multiple flight modes - everything you need to know is written in the manual for you

Thanks for instructing me to read the manual...I've already done that and did not find what I was looking for thus my question...
2019-5-31
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TimothyD Posted at 5-31 11:23
Thanks for instructing me to read the manual...I've already done that and did not find what I was looking for thus my question...

I also advised to ensure you have switched to multiple flight modes in the app. You'll also need to be in P-mode too.  
2019-5-31
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there Timothy. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. You can use the Tripod Mode when you switch to P-Mode as per AJ post #4. Also, You can only use Tripod Mode when the GPS signal is strong or in light conditions ideal for Vision System. If the GPS signal is lost and the Vision System does not function, it will automatically switch to ATTI mode. In this case. flight speed will increase and the aircraft will not hover in place. You may refer to the images below on how to properly enter to tripod mode. Hope this will clarify your query to us. Thank you for your continued support.

2019-5-31
Use props
TimothyD
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 5-31 11:35
I also advised to ensure you have switched to multiple flight modes in the app. You'll also need to be in P-mode too.

Yup... you did.  As I stated, I read the manual and did not find what I was looking for...thus my question...
2019-5-31
Use props
TimothyD
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

TimothyD Posted at 5-31 12:30
Yup... you did.  As I stated, I read the manual and did not find what I was looking for...thus my question...

There is no option in the app that says Multiple Flight Modes and or P Mode under MC Settings.  Where do I find this?

2019-5-31
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
First Officer

Hungary

TimothyD Posted at 5-31 12:40
There is no option in the app that says Multiple Flight Modes and or P Mode under MC Settings.  Where do I find this?
[view_image]

You have 2 drones and you don't know that you need GPS for intelligent flight modes?
The photo shows that the drone stands on the table in the room. In ATTI mode, modes that require stable or unmanned flight are not available!
2019-5-31
Use props
TimothyD
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Jakab Gipsz Posted at 5-31 14:33
You have 2 drones and you don't know that you need GPS for intelligent flight modes?
The photo shows that the drone stands on the table in the room. In ATTI mode, modes that require stable or unmanned flight are not available!

Thanks for being a smartass however, apparently not.  Reading through the manual again for my new Spark I don't see that information as stated...
2019-5-31
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
First Officer

Hungary

TimothyD Posted at 5-31 14:45
Thanks for being a smartass however, apparently not.  Reading through the manual again for my new Spark I don't see that information as stated...

Don't look in the manual! Watch a few Youtube videos!
You have not responded: In GPS mode, if you see satellites, you must have a small remote control icon on the left side of the main screen. By pressing this, there must be a tripod for the other smart modes.
2019-5-31
Use props
TimothyD
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Jakab Gipsz Posted at 5-31 15:13
Don't look in the manual! Watch a few Youtube videos!
You have not responded: In GPS mode, if you see satellites, you must have a small remote control icon on the left side of the main screen. By pressing this, there must be a tripod for the other smart modes.

In GPS mode it does see satellites however when I press on the remote control icon it does nothing.  According to the videos it should show different smart modes however, when pressing the icon it does nothing.
2019-5-31
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
First Officer

Hungary

TimothyD Posted at 5-31 15:57
In GPS mode it does see satellites however when I press on the remote control icon it does nothing.  According to the videos it should show different smart modes however, when pressing the icon it does nothing.

Uninstall the DJGO4 app, delete app folders manually, and reinstall.
Tripod mode (DJGO4 manual) here: https://store.dji.com/guides/dji-go-4-manual/9/
2019-5-31
Use props
Mhinc
First Officer
Flight distance : 151467 ft
Canada

Is your Spark in BEGINNER MODE currently?  I believe if that is the case you also won't be able to access Intelligent Flight Modes
2019-5-31
Use props
MccloudSpark
First Officer
Flight distance : 27562 ft

United States

I believe that the drone has to be hovering also.
2019-5-31
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5910961 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Have you tried to switch (find) tripod with the bird IN THE AIR?
2019-5-31
Use props
TimothyD
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Mhinc Posted at 5-31 19:48
Is your Spark in BEGINNER MODE currently?  I believe if that is the case you also won't be able to access Intelligent Flight Modes

It is not in Beginner mode
2019-6-3
Use props
TimothyD
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

MccloudSpark Posted at 5-31 20:28
I believe that the drone has to be hovering also.

It still does not go into Tripod mode when hovering
2019-6-3
Use props
TimothyD
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Jakab Gipsz Posted at 5-31 16:02
Uninstall the DJGO4 app, delete app folders manually, and reinstall.
Tripod mode (DJGO4 manual) here: https://store.dji.com/guides/dji-go-4-manual/9/

I've read the guide regarding Tripod mode...my issue is not what it does or how to use it.  My issue is that it does not go into Tripod mode...
2019-6-3
Use props
Tentoes
Captain
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

Um. It's really quite easy.

1. Get your spark in the air.
2. On the left side of the screen, "click" the icon that looks like the remote.
3. Click the icon that looks like a camera on 3 legs.

You're now in tripod mode. I use it a lot. To get back to normal mode, just click the red x on the left side of the screen.

Gamora provided screen shots above.
2019-6-3
Use props
TimothyD
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Tentoes Posted at 6-3 10:52

Yup.... I agree it should be "that simple"  However again, as I've mentioned prior in this post.  I have the drone in the air, I see and click on the remote icon, I see and click on the tripod icon...nothing happens.  It does not go into tripod mode.  It stays at Normal  mode...
2019-6-4
Use props
TimothyD
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Tentoes Posted at 6-3 10:52

Yup.... I agree it should be "that simple"  However again, as I've mentioned prior in this post.  I have the drone in the air, I see and click on the remote icon, I see and click on the tripod icon...nothing happens.  It does not go into tripod mode.  It stays at Normal  mode...
2019-6-4
Use props
Tentoes
Captain
United States

Hmm. No red circle with a white x appears on the left? It's lunch time, I have mine, I'll go try it.
2019-6-4
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
First Officer

Hungary

TimothyD Posted at 6-4 06:46
Yup.... I agree it should be "that simple"  However again, as I've mentioned prior in this post.  I have the drone in the air, I see and click on the remote icon, I see and click on the tripod icon...nothing happens.  It does not go into tripod mode.  It stays at Normal  mode...

We tried to help you, which takes so long because you have to pull all the information out of it with you.
If you describe the following, we'd be over:
- xxx version I use DJIGO4
- reinstalled xxx times
- xxx firmware on Spark
- I use xxx android phone
- The Spark is in the air
- I choose the signal and nothing happens

I write this down so that everybody understands that it can only help in knowing the exact circumstances, otherwise there will be a lot of unnecessary guesswork.
2019-6-4
Use props
ChrisJG
Captain
Flight distance : 1725341 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TimothyD, am assuming that you are flying using the remote control, there's a slider switch on the handset just above where you slot in your mobile....that has two positions, Normal and Sport. if that slider is in Sport mode, you'll need to slide it into Normal mode to be able to use Tripod and the other modes....It's been a while since I flew a Spark (sold it when I purchased my Mavic) but that might be a cause. Almost certain that if you are in Sport mode, then the intelligent flight modes like tripod mode are not available.
2019-6-5
Use props
Tentoes
Captain
United States

Have you figured it out?
2019-6-7
Use props
djiuser_MWCVlOhACSzj
New

United States

ChrisJG Posted at 2019-6-5 10:24
TimothyD, am assuming that you are flying using the remote control, there's a slider switch on the handset just above where you slot in your mobile....that has two positions, Normal and Sport. if that slider is in Sport mode, you'll need to slide it into Normal mode to be able to use Tripod and the other modes....It's been a while since I flew a Spark (sold it when I purchased my Mavic) but that might be a cause. Almost certain that if you are in Sport mode, then the intelligent flight modes like tripod mode are not available.

This just answered my issue.
2020-5-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules