Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Controller won't charge
1766 21 2019-5-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
todamgood4U
lvl.3
Flight distance : 134209 ft
United States

Hello,

I pulled my Spark out of winter hybernation and was planning on flying it this weekend.  All my batteries charged up but the controller wouldn't.  It looks like it is for about 30 seconds and then shuts off.  It's completely dead and I can't turn it on.  I tried through the portable charger with the batteries, then tried USB through my desktop and even tried a 2nd cable just to make sure it wasn't a cable issue.  I thought maybe the part where you plug it in somehow got dusty or something but it's not.  It was kept in the case all winter.  I don't know what to do.

Someone on FB suggested downloading firmware update, so I started the go4 app and it did a file download for about 3 seconds and wouldn't connect to the Spark.

I'm at a complete loss and I am hoping someone can offer some suggestions to get me out flying.

IMG_20190531_184204.jpg
2019-5-31
Use props
Mhinc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 151467 ft
Canada

Do you have any power currently on the remote?
2019-5-31
Use props
todamgood4U
lvl.3
United States

Mhinc Posted at 5-31 19:43
Do you have any power currently on the remote?

No, none and if I keep it plugged in after the lights shut off, they blip very dimly every 5 seconds or so.
2019-5-31
Use props
Mhinc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 151467 ft
Canada

todamgood4U Posted at 5-31 20:19
No, none and if I keep it plugged in after the lights shut off, they blip very dimly every 5 seconds or so.

Hmmm you may want to contact DJI Support to see if there is anything they can suggest.  Don't mark my words but I believe even to reset it or firmware update it, it would require power.
2019-5-31
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
lvl.4

Hungary

todamgood4U Posted at 5-31 20:19

I think it's not upcharge to 50% when you put it in winter sleep.
It's too low battery level.
Try to leave it on the charger for an entire day, even if it does not flash.
2019-6-1
Use props
Lok Mavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1486660 ft
Malaysia

Jakab Gipsz Posted at 6-1 00:14
I think it's not upcharge to 50% when you put it in winter sleep.
It's too low battery level.
Try to leave it on the charger for an entire day, even if it does not flash.

About to suggest the same thing. Maybe try to charge it overnight atleast.
2019-6-1
Use props
todamgood4U
lvl.3
United States

Thanks for the suggestions.  When it was put away for the winter it was almost full charge as well as my batteries.  Not on purpose but last day flying ended sooner than I had expected.  The batteries all blinked on the first light and charged up fine.  Last night I left the controller plugged in overnight but this morning same results.  No power and very dim quick blips every 5 seconds while plugged in.  Unplugged, completely dead.
2019-6-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry to know about the situation, If the remote controller would not respond to the charger and it's completely dead I'm afraid that we couldn't provide further troubleshooting steps. You may reach our support using the link below for further assistance. For additional information, the repair fee would depend on the warranty period of your unit and the outcome of the damage assessment. Please feel free to contact us if you have further concerns. Thank you for your support.

www.dji.com/support
2019-6-3
Use props
ichigo01
lvl.3
Flight distance : 254833 ft
United States

todamgood4U Posted at 6-1 10:34
Thanks for the suggestions.  When it was put away for the winter it was almost full charge as well as my batteries.  Not on purpose but last day flying ended sooner than I had expected.  The batteries all blinked on the first light and charged up fine.  Last night I left the controller plugged in overnight but this morning same results.  No power and very dim quick blips every 5 seconds while plugged in.  Unplugged, completely dead.

Could it be that the internal battery died is still under warranty?
2019-6-3
Use props
Tentoes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

Sounds to me like the battery didn't survive the winter. If they won't warranty it, do you know a geek who can open up the transmitter, recognize the battery and replace it for you? We geeks have access to tools and batteries, though he'd probably have to order one.

(Ok, I know a few girl geeks, but most of us are guys.)
2019-6-4
Use props
todamgood4U
lvl.3
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 6-3 16:06
Hi, we're sorry to know about the situation, If the remote controller would not respond to the charger and it's completely dead I'm afraid that we couldn't provide further troubleshooting steps. You may reach our support using the link below for further assistance. For additional information, the repair fee would depend on the warranty period of your unit and the outcome of the damage assessment. Please feel free to contact us if you have further concerns. Thank you for your support.

www.dji.com/support

Thank you Tony.  I will contact support.  I have the DJI Refresh and is only about 7 months old, 6 of them being put away for the winter.  
2019-6-4
Use props
todamgood4U
lvl.3
United States

ichigo01 Posted at 6-3 16:10
Could it be that the internal battery died is still under warranty?

It sure seems that way and is still under warranty.  I'll contact support but in the meantime I need another controller.  In 2 weeks I'm gonna need it for my birthday shenanigans and I doubt support would get me hooked up that fast.
2019-6-4
Use props
todamgood4U
lvl.3
United States

Tentoes Posted at 6-4 05:38
Sounds to me like the battery didn't survive the winter. If they won't warranty it, do you know a geek who can open up the transmitter, recognize the battery and replace it for you? We geeks have access to tools and batteries, though he'd probably have to order one.

(Ok, I know a few girl geeks, but most of us are guys.)

Ya, no not really.  I mean I have my IT friends at the office but that's about as close as I get to knowing anyone who could do that.  
2019-6-4
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Do you have a 2A mobilphone charger? Try that one for a test
2019-6-5
Use props
Tentoes
Second Officer
United States

Well. I see DJI Spark Remotes on ebay for like 40-60 USD. I expect they belong to lost sparks.
2019-6-5
Use props
todamgood4U
lvl.3
United States

Tentoes Posted at 6-5 04:08
Well. I see DJI Spark Remotes on ebay for like 40-60 USD. I expect they belong to lost sparks.

Awww, I just saw this.  I never bothered to check eBay.  I did check Amazon and several other sites and found one brand new for $119.00 at dell.com so I bought it.  I need it before I leave next Friday so I jumped on it right away with expedited shipping.  Oh well.  I'll keep this in mind for next time.
2019-6-5
Use props
todamgood4U
lvl.3
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 6-5 00:42
Do you have a 2A mobilphone charger? Try that one for a test

Ya, I tried that too.  Even tried connecting to a portable power pack.  Nothing is working.
2019-6-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

todamgood4U Posted at 6-4 16:45
Thank you Tony.  I will contact support.  I have the DJI Refresh and is only about 7 months old, 6 of them being put away for the winter.

Hi, thanks for the response. Unfortunately, the remote controller is not covered by the DJI Care refresh. You may refer to the image below for further check. However, the remote controller has a one year warranty. The warranty repair would depend on the outcome of the damage assessment for our facility. Thank you for understanding.

2019-6-5
Use props
todamgood4U
lvl.3
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 6-5 15:53
Hi, thanks for the response. Unfortunately, the remote controller is not covered by the DJI Care refresh. You may refer to the image below for further check. However, the remote controller has a one year warranty. The warranty repair would depend on the outcome of the damage assessment for our facility. Thank you for understanding.

[view_image]

Oh nice ok well I'm definitely in that 1  yr window tho.  I sent an email to support but haven't heard back.
2019-6-5
Use props
Tentoes
Second Officer
United States

todamgood4U Posted at 6-5 15:00
Awww, I just saw this.  I never bothered to check eBay.  I did check Amazon and several other sites and found one brand new for $119.00 at dell.com so I bought it.  I need it before I leave next Friday so I jumped on it right away with expedited shipping.  Oh well.  I'll keep this in mind for next time.

Well I hope you don't need it again.
2019-6-6
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

todamgood4U Posted at 6-5 18:47
Oh nice ok well I'm definitely in that 1  yr window tho.  I sent an email to support but haven't heard back.

Not sure, that the battery, in case it's "gone", has one year, too. That is, usually, 6 month only!
2019-6-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

todamgood4U Posted at 6-5 18:47

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. You could also reach our phone support if you didn't receive any responses from our department. Please see the screenshot below.

2019-6-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules