Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Activists Advertise Blocking Heathrow
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
embayweather
lvl.4
Flight distance : 556667 ft
United Kingdom

Well it says a lot about the authorities abililty to control rogue drone pilots when one group is even advertising in advance that it plans to disrupt Heathrow flights.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-48470623

It begs the question whether any of the new rules and registration etc is going to make one jot of difference to those who wish to fly illegally. I think it also says a lot about the authorities ability to stop them, even with the apparent threat of a life sentence.

Where should we take regulation now? No doubt down an even darker passage!
2019-6-1
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Pretty stupid to do it,  much less advertise it.
2019-6-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day embayweather. Thank you for sharing this informative link and these information with us today. Great find and thank you for your valued support.
2019-6-1
Use props
Manxmann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1178793 ft
Australia

The Arabs can shoot down a US drone,  but authorities can't control drones at Heathrow ??  Yeah,  really ?  Do you believe it ?
2019-6-27
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Czechia

C'mon ... bit of reality needed here.

Roads have speed limits and autorities try to enforce even to having cameras. But people still do it.

Its illegal to commit murder - but it still happens.

With regard to advertising disruption of an airports working - that in itself is an act that will cause problems - even without actually flying any drones. I recall another advertised action was made - but didn't happen - caused enough trouble though.
That in my honest opinion is the aim of advertising it ... cause disruption even if not intending to actually do it.

Singapore Changi is latest I read to have threats of Drone flights ....  
2019-6-27
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

solentlife Posted at 6-27 02:50

Roads have speed limits and autorities try to enforce even to having cameras. But people still do it.

I believe you are quite correcxt. Why actually risk flying a drone when you can be certain that a published threat to do so will result in airport authorities going into Overreaction Overload.
2019-6-27
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Czechia

Tks G ....

The world is a crazy place ...
2019-6-27
Use props
Mark Weiss
lvl.4
United States

solentlife Posted at 6-27 02:50

In post-9/11 America, one does not even need to build a bomb and detonate it. One need only phone in a bomb threat. Several of our schools were shut down for the day due to false telephoned bomb threats.
2019-6-28
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Latvia

Mark Weiss Posted at 6-28 10:23
In post-9/11 America, one does not even need to build a bomb and detonate it. One need only phone in a bomb threat. Several of our schools were shut down for the day due to false telephoned bomb threats.

That was happening well before 9/11 .....

Europoort (Rotterdam) 1980's ............... call went in saying terrorist in an oil terminal .... you can guess the rest.
In fact security has stayed tight since that day.

1970 - at my school ... kid was expelled ... he phoned in ... we spent most of the day on the playing field while police / Fire Service searched the buildings. Nothing found.
He was standing outside fence watching ...

Those are two that I know of ... must be countless others.
2019-6-29
Use props
embayweather
lvl.4
Flight distance : 556667 ft
United Kingdom

As it turned out nothing happened, as Sollentlife and others pointed out, all you have do do is threaten something and it can do as much damage.
2019-6-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules