Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Freewell IR UV filter
2650 7 2019-6-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AlphaFlightNW
First Officer
Flight distance : 784265 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello all,
I was scrolling around freewells stock to see what nd filters they had and this filter stuck out in particular.
filter.PNG
I was wondering if anyone has used these IR UV filters and if so, what exactly is it they do. I assume they block out IR UV waves from entering the camera, but I dont quite understand what benefit that would have.

2019-6-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day AlphaFlightNW. Thank you for reaching out and for the information you have shared with us today. I hope that you will get the best information and there experiences from out valued DJI co pilots who uses these IR UV filters. Just a friendly reminder that we do not recommend you to use a 3rd party accessories or devices on your DJI Mavic 2 Pro. Actually, there is a  possibility that this accessory will work, however, since it's not yet tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the reliability of the said accessory when in use. In addition using 3rd party accessories or devices might cause damage or harm on the DJI Mavic 2 Pro and can void the warranty as well. Thank you for your understanding and valued support.
2019-6-1
Use props
EnricoBrun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 917087 ft
Italy

very beautifull!  I have been using it for about 1 month and a half .. I really recommend it!  the weight of the filter with respect to the "light pollution" has been decreased, so when the drone is switched off the gimbal stays on straight and does not go down like the "light pollution" filter.
more below I put a photo taken, but I send small from iphone, I hope it still makes the idea
8CA401B2-BA59-400E-85AE-61727F15361A.jpeg
14E4820E-8248-4D14-9901-CD1702685DE6.jpeg
6275D562-9004-4681-9458-DE65B9E8FD50.jpeg
2019-6-1
Use props
Mhinc
First Officer
Flight distance : 151467 ft
Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-1 12:11
Hello and good day AlphaFlightNW. Thank you for reaching out and for the information you have shared with us today. I hope that you will get the best information and there experiences from out valued DJI co pilots who uses these IR UV filters. Just a friendly reminder that we do not recommend you to use a 3rd party accessories or devices on your DJI Mavic 2 Pro. Actually, there is a  possibility that this accessory will work, however, since it's not yet tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the reliability of the said accessory when in use. In addition using 3rd party accessories or devices might cause damage or harm on the DJI Mavic 2 Pro and can void the warranty as well. Thank you for your understanding and valued support.

That's why there are reviews   
2019-6-2
Use props
AlphaFlightNW
First Officer
Flight distance : 784265 ft
  • >>>
United States

EnricoBrun Posted at 6-1 18:55
very beautifull!  I have been using it for about 1 month and a half .. I really recommend it!  the weight of the filter with respect to the "light pollution" has been decreased, so when the drone is switched off the gimbal stays on straight and does not go down like the "light pollution" filter.
more below I put a photo taken, but I send small from iphone, I hope it still makes the idea

So this filter would act like an all-use light pollution filter? Even at night?
2019-6-2
Use props
EnricoBrun
Second Officer
Italy

AlphaFlightNW Posted at 6-2 14:09

no no, sorry my translated english!  Freewell ir-uv cut filter is used only during the day!  at the light of the Sun!!  this filter does NOT pass ultraviolet rays that can alter the colors in the photograph.  I made a comparison with light pollution filter about weight, this ir-uv cut filter weighs a lot less !!
2019-6-2
Use props
EnricoBrun
Second Officer
Italy

AlphaFlightNW Posted at 6-2 14:09

with the frontal sun protects the colors and the exposure !!  here is another example
09C71564-AD33-4F0C-8C69-78526F6AC562.jpeg
2019-6-2
Use props
Freewell
Second Officer

Russia

EnricoBrun Posted at 6-2 15:23
with the frontal sun protects the colors and the exposure !!  here is another example

Hey Enrico,

Thanks for sharing a great picture with our IR-UV.

As for the Light Pollution filter, it does require a certain amount of thickness in glass in order to obtain the result, for this reason, its little heavy that another filter but it has no negative impact on our gimbal.

For any help, you may need you can reach me directly on care@freewellgear.com.

Thanks
Harry from Freewell
2019-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules