Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Terra oblique missing images
1458 1 2019-6-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nickedw
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2177287 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I’ve been using terra capture in oblique mode today with a P4RTK  and have missing images. All 5 routes completed successfully, And the total flight time was around an hour, so two battery changes.

Now I’m processing the data I can see that the camera didn’t fire for 2 or 3 of the legs of one of the s shaped missions, it flew the path  for certain (although you can't see that in the attachment) but didn’t fire the camera for maybe 20 seconds or so? I remember now that the image from the camera on the TX was frozen when this happened, I noticed and toggled between map and camera view a couple of times, and it came back. This coincides with the missing images. There are maybe 40 or 50 images missing I would estimate.

To a lesser extent,this seems to have happened again during just one of the two resume/battery changes too. So where I pressed stop to land and change battery, and subsequent resume, there are maybe 20 or so images missing there too.

This is from a set of around 1,200 Images target 350m x 40m shot at 30m 45°

Anyone else out there using this software yet?

Regards

Nick
error.jpg
2019-6-1
Use props
nickedw
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2177287 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

OK turns out this is almost certainly a simple sd card error, after more tetsing today. DJI when you hit a card write error why would you want to continue the mission? nobody is doing this for fun, so at least make it super-obvious, or better still, pause the mission. It turns out this is very easy to not see and everything carries on if you didn' see the one message when the first image write fails.
I was using a (fairly expensive) 128GB card and it died a bit harder on me today, so I noticed the error because I was watching the image counter like a hawk, if I wasn't, I would probably have missed this.
As an aside my new invertor in my truck, 3-way parallel charger and 5 batteries means I can pretty much fly indefinately - which let me chew through around 14 battery cycles today, well over 6 hours in the air in one day - is this a record!?

Regards,

Nick

2019-6-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules