Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Compass calibration has to occur.
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntDX316
Captain
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

When you are using DroneDeploy you have to compass calibrate or you cannot use it.  Walking around the area doesn't change the compass error.  Calibrating on the spot does.
2019-6-1
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Drone Deploy is not DJI Go 4, therefore that app has its own reasons for needing a compass calibration, perhaps because of the nature of the app it needs to make sure that the compass is as accurate as possible.....
2019-6-1
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 6-1 18:33
Drone Deploy is not DJI Go 4, therefore that app has its own reasons for needing a compass calibration, perhaps because of the nature of the app it needs to make sure that the compass is as accurate as possible.....

I calibrated when Go4 wanted me to in a field but it started doing the toilet bowl effect until it was in flight for a while.  Was kind of scary though.. I was near a lot of SETI satellites.
2019-6-1
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Not sure what your point is, if the app (which ever) asks you to calibrate and you  are away from any metal source and tried various locations and still get the app warning then its time to calibrate.
One important factor is that before each time you try a new location at your take off spot is that you turn off the ac every time prior to moving it, not so sure that latter is important, but ive gotten in to the practise of turning off before moving to check a different spot...
2019-6-1
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 6-1 18:49
Not sure what your point is, if the app (which ever) asks you to calibrate and you  are away from any metal source and tried various locations and still get the app warning then its time to calibrate.
One important factor is that before each time you try a new location at your take off spot is that you turn off the ac every time prior to moving it, not so sure that latter is important, but ive gotten in to the practise of turning off before moving to check a different spot...

I think because I was calibrating on a slope but it was straight though I think the drone knows the slope as it calculates it somehow.
2019-6-1
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That shouldnt be anything to do with the compass,  that could be something for the emu to complain about though,
2019-6-1
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Compass calibration has nothing to do with the app you are using. From what you say, it seems like you are launching every time from a location that magnetically influences your aircraft. Never launch from concrete, never from the top of a car or any other surface that potentially has steel or iron in it. Best surface is grass.
2019-6-1
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 6-1 20:31
Compass calibration has nothing to do with the app you are using. From what you say, it seems like you are launching every time from a location that magnetically influences your aircraft. Never launch from concrete, never from the top of a car or any other surface that potentially has steel or iron in it. Best surface is grass.

I had to launch from the grass as the street was full of cars and people.  Gimbal overload sucks but I had to take-off from it.
2019-6-1
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 6-1 18:41
I calibrated when Go4 wanted me to in a field but it started doing the toilet bowl effect until it was in flight for a while.  Was kind of scary though.. I was near a lot of SETI satellites.

You should rarely ever have to calibrate the compass. Your unit may be demanding calibration because the second compass is faulty. You should not be flying with a faulty unit, there is a high risk of an incident happening. You would be leaving yourself wide open to prosecution if that were the case.
Toilet bowl effect is because there may be some conflict of data from the compass and GPS/GLONASS and the aircraft is trying to auto adjust.

2019-6-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry to know about the situation. We're hoping that you could get the right feedback that you need in regards to this third-party application. Thank you for your support.
2019-6-6
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Aardvark Posted at 6-2 02:05
You should rarely ever have to calibrate the compass. Your unit may be demanding calibration because the second compass is faulty. You should not be flying with a faulty unit, there is a high risk of an incident happening. You would be leaving yourself wide open to prosecution if that were the case.
Toilet bowl effect is because there may be some conflict of data from the compass and GPS/GLONASS and the aircraft is trying to auto adjust.

I had Compass 2 disconnected on the drone I had but the seller swapped it with a completely different new one with a new manufacturing date.  It's good now!
2019-6-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules